Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times

Advertisements

most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person

Old 09-26-2010, 03:02 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,009 times

YouTube - Catholic & Homosexual

Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In Christianity. believers come to recongnise the spirit world is real, that is logicaly unknown to the natural world which rejects the unseen spiritual world.......... Most people have heard of the devil or demons and fallen angels as fairy myths. but Christians have come to understand through their Lord God that these spirits are real and a very dangerous force against man and the world.,... Because these spirits can cause sickness in the animals and man both in mind and the bodies....... So when people have diffrent or irregular ideas and body symptoms against their health, than Christians look to the dark spirits of the unseen world as the culprit, which Lord Jesus helps Christians to be rid of these dark spirits through his unusual power to remove dark spirits from people through prayer to Lord Jesus , ......This is what all the fight is because Christians tend to say only it is not right through the Word of God , but do not give explainations into the spirit issue........

Old 09-26-2010, 05:09 AM

are you trying to say that a homosexual orientation is a sickness? I'm trying to understand what you mean

Old 09-26-2010, 05:51 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
are you trying to say that a homosexual orientation is a sickness? I'm trying to understand what you mean
The devil and his spiritual hords is a very mentaly deceptive manipulator and has creative power over man and animals, that will fight man for his will to stay into the devil ways, which are 180 degrees from Jesus ideas, ... The prayer that people need for a clear mind and sound body, pushing the devil and his spiritual hords out of their life is to Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and Command Jesus to get Holy Spirit into your life and through the power of the Blood of Lord Jesus Christ... which is NOT know in the Health communities or Hospitals and Doctors and beyond their knowledge.... But the power and truth that Christians have and Lord Jesus will give to them when they will believe .......

Old 09-26-2010, 05:58 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Another misconception I come across often is the idea that all gay people are musclemen, flaming drag queens, who walk half-naked or completely naked in pride parade; or bull dykes, with boots and leather jackets, who drive in the parade on their motorcycles. In reality, that's a small minority within gay culture. Most gay people do pretty much the same things straight people do and aren't any more outrageous than the vast majority of the straight community.

I think a lot of homophobia springs out of media coverage of pride parades, which is the one day all the most extreme people come out, and the one day a lot of average gay people like to act extreme for fun, but if the people who are basing their opinion of homosexuality off pride parade coverage met some gay people in real life, they would quickly realize that, just like with straight people, the vast majority of gay people are just your average person. I doubt they would be able to maintain their homophobic views if they saw that gay people are just like them, except, of course, gay.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:05 AM

I guarantee you becoming born again won't change my sexual orientation. As a teenager I became a a born again Christian and became heavily involved in the church afterwards. I even went on to major in religion in college.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 AM

I think a lot of homophobia springs out of media coverage of pride parades, which is the one day all the most extreme people come out, and the one day a lot of average gay people like to act extreme for fun, but if the people who are basing their opinion of homosexuality off pride parade coverage met some gay people in real life, they would quickly realize that, just like with straight people, the vast majority of gay people are just your average person. I doubt they would be able to maintain their homophobic views if they saw that gay people are just like them, except, of course, gay.

I agree with this one hundred percent. I've never been to a pride parade, yet many use them to give examples as to why gay people (all of us) are 'deviant'.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 AM

478 posts, read 773,300 times
Quote:

I agree with this one hundred percent. I've never been to a pride parade, yet many use them to give examples as to why gay people (all of us) are 'deviant'.
Sorry, but I think you're WAY off base, and are giving those who are no more than simple minded bigots the benefit of the doubt. Anyone who sees a "gay pride" parade or some queen prancing around as a means to justify why homosexuality is a 'lifestyle' is just grasping at straws. Anyone with a lick of sense *knows* full and well that there is no homosexual "lifestyle" (and please, for those you who who throw that phrase around, what the heck does that MEAN?!? Please outline your vision, I'd love to hear it...)!

And sorry again- but you're words- even being homosexual yourself and fully capable of explaining with reason and intellect that you ARE the way you are naturally and normally- will likely fall on deaf and DUMB ears. Already you're getting posts like Samyn posted, the one with that dopey video, where they guy talks in complete circles and is trying to "politely" patronize gays. As if being gay is a "cross to bear". It isn't.

Being gay is TOTALLY normal because who you are is precisely the way you were meant to be, the way god made you. And I do believe that god (as an energy of life and existence) "made" you, as much as I believe god made animals that are gay, plants that we don't even know about because they haven't been able to exist long enough for us to even discover them- etc.. If anyone out there believes that god is TRULY "The" creator out there, then they know they're being completely hypocritical in saying that homosexuals aren't one of god's children. Which is the very reason why they use the excuse that homosexuality is a "lifestyle" and a "choice". You've probably come to notice that narrow-minded religious zealouts just LOVE to create their own little delusions in order to fit within the parameters of the endless lists of the other delusions that they like to adhere to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Christianity. believers come to recongnise the spirit world is real, that is logicaly unknown to the natural world which rejects the unseen spiritual world.......... Most people have heard of the devil or demons and fallen angels as fairy myths. but Christians have come to understand through their Lord God that these spirits are real and a very dangerous force against man and the world.,... Because these spirits can cause sickness in the animals and man both in mind and the bodies....... So when people have diffrent or irregular ideas and body symptoms against their health, than Christians look to the dark spirits of the unseen world as the culprit, which Lord Jesus helps Christians to be rid of these dark spirits through his unusual power to remove dark spirits from people through prayer to Lord Jesus , ......This is what all the fight is because Christians tend to say only it is not right through the Word of God , but do not give explainations into the spirit issue........
Umm, that's absurd. You're trying to say, assumably with a straight face as you typed that, that "demons" and so forth are the cause and reason for the "sicknesses"...one of which being homosexuality?! If that's the case, then it stands to reason that said 'demons' are also at fault for causing cancer, diabetes, etc.?!? Sorry, but I'd hardly classify homosexuality as any type of "sickness" If there's any sickness I see, it is from people like YOU- those who aren't able to accept that every single living thing on this planet is different, special and unique from one another. And that there are consistent aberrations within EVERY species of life from plankton to humans. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that each living thing is different in its own unique way. Some people are left handed rather than right. Some people have one bum leg. Or don't even HAVE legs. And so on...likewise, some people aren't born interested in the opposite sex and are instead attracted to their OWN sex. And of course while it is ideal for humans to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to procreate, because that is simply the order of things- well gosh, sometimes things just don't work out that way, such is LIFE. But again, it is fully NORMAL, not to mention REASONABLE to expect deviations within how humans are formed- sexually and otherwise. DUH. !!!

Eh- just like you, Rlarson- my words will no doubt not make any sense to anyone who refuses to use intellect or reason and would prefer to ignore their own brain and rather defer to the ignorance of that which they don't even themselves fully understand, like the christian bible- or, even worse, some doofus who talks in a video, or church, or wherever ABOUT the bible and what it "means".

All I can say in closing is that I applaud you for at least trying to make your points and for being honest, and comfortable with yourself. And that's all that matters. If someone else is actually uncomfortable with you, or anyone else- well, such people probably are too afraid to look in the mirror and accept their own faults, so instead they're trying to find fault with others. Much love and light to you for loving yourself- let's only hope that those who are so quick to fault you will eventually love themselves to the same degree.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
I guarantee you becoming born again won't change my sexual orientation. As a teenager I became a a born again Christian and became heavily involved in the church afterwards. I even went on to major in religion in college.
The born again experience may not change your desire immediately; but, through faith, you can receive a miracle of bringing your desires to normal; and, you have to will for this to be done through the faith in Jesus' blood. If you have interest in learning more about God's real faith for miracles, DM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.