Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 10:03 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times

Advertisements

The Melchizedek Priesthood

This is the requirement to enter into the most holy place. Only Christ can enter there. Also no one takes this honor upon himself (being a priest). My point is that there are a lot of people running around trying to be priests of God when they have not been called to that. They parrot what the heard a man say on T.V. or at church. Not everyone is called to be a true priest of God. The only way to enter the most holy place (which is a real place in every person) is by Christ's authority. This explains why there is so much fake Christianity going on in the world -- because people go who were not sent or think they are doing God's work when they were not called. I can support this with scripture. Read up in Hebrews and also on the Melchizedek Priesthood if you doubt what I'm saying. This is also in keeping with the scriptures about God's absolute sovereignty over things in heaven and earth, and in keeping with the scriptures that clearly state that no one can come to Jesus Christ unless the Holy Spirit draws them and no one can confess Jesus as Lord without the Holy Spirit. This is not just about moving your tongue or saying the words either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
The most holy place that Christ entered is before The Throne of Heaven in New Jerusalem.
Christ went there to make Heavenly Jerusalem (New).
Heavenly Jerusalem is The Father's House of many mansions.

Where John saw a Lamb as though it was slain
before the Throne of God where the Altar is.
In heaven New Jerusalem is where God is worshiped as Holy by those there.
This is the holy of holies.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:22 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
The Priesthood being changed by Christ? - Heb.7:12

We may now as a royal Priesthood offer-up spiritual sacrifices
acceptable to God Through Jesus Christ. - 1Pet.2

Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The Melchizedek Priesthood

This is the requirement to enter into the most holy place. Only Christ can enter there. Also no one takes this honor upon himself (being a priest). My point is that there are a lot of people running around trying to be priests of God when they have not been called to that. They parrot what the heard a man say on T.V. or at church. Not everyone is called to be a true priest of God. The only way to enter the most holy place (which is a real place in every person) is by Christ's authority. This explains why there is so much fake Christianity going on in the world -- because people go who were not sent or think they are doing God's work when they were not called. I can support this with scripture. Read up in Hebrews and also on the Melchizedek Priesthood if you doubt what I'm saying. This is also in keeping with the scriptures about God's absolute sovereignty over things in heaven and earth, and in keeping with the scriptures that clearly state that no one can come to Jesus Christ unless the Holy Spirit draws them and no one can confess Jesus as Lord without the Holy Spirit. This is not just about moving your tongue or saying the words either.
You are confusing the universal priesthood of the church-age believer with the spiritual gift of pastor/teacher.

In the dispensation of the church every believer is appointed by God as a royal priest who represents himself before God.

1 Peter 2:5 'you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.'

1 Peter 2:9 'But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Revelation 1:6 'and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father-- to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.'

Revelation 5:10 "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

What you were trying to say is that not everyone has the spiritual gift of pastor/teacher.

God the Holy Spirit gives that gift to certain men as He sovereignly chooses.

The most holy place is not 'in every person' as you erroniously think. The Holy of Holies is the third heaven (2 Cor 12:2) - The throneroom of God.

In the Old Testament the tabernacle, had three compartments. 1.) The outer court, 2.) The Holy Place, 3.) The Holy of Holies. The Holy of Holies in the tabernacle represented the true Holy of Holies which is heaven.

The Holy of Holies contained the Ark of the Covenant which represented Christ. The Holy of Holies was separated from the other areas of the tabernacle by a veil. Without going into details of the sacrificial procedures, only the High Priest was allowed into the Holy of Holies. Anyone else who tried to enter it was slain by God. Even the High Priest was allowed into the Holy of Holies only on the Day of Atonement (Heb 9:7).

Later, the tabernacle was replaced by the temple, and there came a time when the Ark of the Covenant vanished.

When Christ was crucified, at the moment of His death, the veil in the temple was torn top to bottom by God Himself which signified that entrance into the third heaven was open to those who believe on Christ. Prior to the cross believers who died went to the Paradise side of Hades. Since the cross, Paradise is now in the third heaven (2 Cor 12:4).

The veil in the tabernacle and later the temple represented the barrier which separated man from God. To enter into the Holy of Holies was to enter into the very presence of God.

When Christ died, the tearing of the veil by God Himself signified that heaven itself was now open for those who believe on Christ.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25] nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.
26] Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20] by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21] and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22] let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Because of the cross, the Holy of Holies - the third heaven is open to everyone who has believed on Christ for eternal salvation.

As for the drawing of the Holy Spirit, that occurs at gospel hearing when the Holy Spirit convicts the unbeliever of the sin of unbelief, of righteousness, and of judgment (John 16:8-11). The drawing of the Holy Spirit can be resisted (Acts 7:51).

You are giving misinformation, doing the very thing you with this post accuse others of doing. And yes, as this forum shows, there is a lot of garbage being taught. Garbage such as Universalism, Legalism, Lordship salvation, denial of the pretribulational rapture of the church, denial of man's volitional responsibility to believe on Christ in order to be saved, etc...

And no, I am not a pastor/teacher. But I do know what I am talking about because I have learned from doctrinally oriented pastor/teachers.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
And no, I am not a pastor/teacher. But I do know what I am talking about because I have learned from doctrinally oriented pastor/teachers.

Hi many doctrinally oriented teachers and pastors may differ on this. This should be an interesting study. Thanks for the thread. God bless.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2012 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
The 'King-of-Righteousness' priesthood always makes for interesting study.

This 'King-of-Righteousness' priest seems to have came from nowhere [we are not given his background or ancestry], he teaches Abraham and from that point Abraham is clearly changed.

The 'King-of-Righteousness' priest appears to have been a very significant person.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

One thing people should realize is this statement doesn't mean someone knows what they are talking about.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2012 at 10:39 AM..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 PM

299 posts, read 263,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
The Priesthood being changed by Christ? - Heb.7:12

We may now as a royal Priesthood offer-up spiritual sacrifices
acceptable to God Through Jesus Christ. - 1Pet.2
God himself made the change of the priesthood and also made an addition to the law.
Members of the royal priesthood testify about the addition. Mt. 13:52
For it is they who are ambassadors of Christ and state accurately what his has crucifixion accomplished for God's set purpose.
Greetings.

Last edited by cxjonz; 01-02-2012 at 01:20 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
One thing people should realize is this statement doesn't mean someone knows what they are talking about.
There are those who believe themselves to be the bride of Christ, as righteous kings and priests of peace.
Personally, I have found them to be self-righteous war mongers, endorsing the teachings of others as their own.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:28 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Melchizedek was a priest in the days of Abraham were He payed tithes to this priest ...... Then Moses came and his brother Aaron of Levi became the New priest after they came out of Egypt.... and all the sons of Levi line were the priest for the Lord for some 15 hundred years , until Jesus came and became to priest for all believers .. See there are some witness that say the Jesus sit of the right hand of the Lord Father .....Were the priests of Levi would go into the Temple in the wilderness and the Temple of Solomon and go to the ark of the covenant and stand at the right side of this table were God presences would be ..... Then came Jesus as our High Priest were the author of the Book of Hebrews rejected the line of Priest from Aaron through to John the baptist Father Zachaias from Luke 1, and all other priest after Zachaias, to devalue the Pharisees and the scribe's authority leadership of Herod's Temple , and go back before this line of priest to a man who had a lot of faith Abraham and His priest Melchizedek of Old Salem or Jerusalem today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity