Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times

Advertisements

And what's more Jesus has defeated you. Go away in Jesus name.
God's word makes you out as liar Satan, not Jesus.

Did God really say NEED....
"Do I need to be saved from 'eternal damnation' ? " ..No because _____therefore IMO

"Do I need to be saved from God's judgment of my sin?" .. No because _____therefore IMO

Heck... Jesus might be only a mythical figure. You may not even need Jesus at all
Clever Satan ....very clever. Certianly seems you feel embolden here, but we got one litte word that sends you away...

J E S U S !!!!!

Yes ...we need Jesus to be saved from my sins
Yes .. we need Jesus to be saved from God's wrathful judgement
Yes .. we need faith in Jesus neccessary
Yes ... we need Jesus to be the actual Godman

Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

"Do I need to be saved from 'eternal damnation' ? " ..No because _____therefore IMO

"Do I need to be saved from God's judgment of my sin?" .. No because _____therefore IMO

Heck... Jesus might be only a mythical figure. You may not even need Jesus at all
Clever Satan ....very clever. Certianly seems you feel embolden here, but we got one litte word that sends you away...

J E S U S !!!!!

Since you are directly quoting my post* from another thread, I assume I am satan in your view. It is interesting (in a sad way) to me that you want me to be defeated and to go away, Twin, and that you find it objectionable that I would intuitively trust God/Love and not be afraid even as I struggle with trying to understand God intellectually.

I am grateful for those Christians here who are charitable to me and have helped me along the way rather than desire my defeat. They have done more to draw me to Christ than a post like yours ever could.

* http://www.city-data.com/forum/19788206-post60.html

Last edited by Pleroo; 06-30-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,947,097 times
Satan knows He is loss and will ultimately be defeated, I sometimes wonder about others on the forum who think they are saved and aren't

Old 06-30-2011, 01:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

J E S U S !!!!!

I'm so glad that Jesus came and was anointed of God to

to proclaim good news to the poor.
to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
to recover the sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. Luke 4

I'm also glad that He did not come to steal,kill and destroy, but to give us His own life and the God life more abundantly.

I'm also glad that the last will be first and the first will be last that those who are threatened with hell fire will enter into the joy of the Lord before those who are threatening them with eternal damnation.

"I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Since you are directly quoting my post* from another thread, I assume I am satan in your view. It is interesting (in a sad way) to me that you want me to be defeated and to go away, Twin, and that you find it objectionable that I would intuitively trust God/Love and not be afraid even as I struggle with trying to understand God intellectually.

I am grateful for those Christians here who are charitable to me and have helped me along the way rather than desire my defeat. They have done more to draw me to Christ than a post like yours ever could.

* http://www.city-data.com/forum/19788206-post60.html

No ... you are totally incorrect that you are Satan. Nor is this an attempt to make you go away.

I don't desire your defeat...just a desire for you to stop listening to the lies.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:50 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Thankfully, Jesus will save even the lunatics in this insane asylum!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

"I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
Coincidentally, I was just thinking about that scripture last night and thought about starting a thread asking why Jesus said that prostitutes were entering the kingdom of God

According to the scriptures, he did say that.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm so glad that Jesus came and was anointed of God to

to proclaim good news to the poor.
to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
to recover the sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. Luke 4

I'm also glad that He did not come to steal,kill and destroy, but to give us His own life and the God life more abundantly.

I'm also glad that the last will be first and the first will be last that those who are threatened with hell fire will enter into the joy of the Lord before those who are threatening them with eternal damnation.

God said:
"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." 1 Peter 4:11

Paul, I know you better than this, you can stop "circle the wagons" ....

You can't possibly approve "not needing to be saved from sin." ... that is not the very words from God. May might as well say that if one doesn't need to be saved from sin, there is no need of a savior.

You can't possibly approve a mythical Jesus theory and not consider the ultimate source of such.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,897,673 times
If Jesus did defeat Satan, it just means a new evel power will come along to replace him.

For example, we defeated Japan and Germany in WW II, but then we found ourself confronting the Communists. We took care of them, but then the Islamic terrorists began giving us fits. After we defeat them, I'm sure someone else will come along to cause problems for us.

Now that Satan has been defeated, what evil force will replace him?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
I'm surprised you even mentioned Satan. After all, what is the point in his existence if everyone is saved? Nothing. He is in Hell with many other souls and he is prowling the Earth trying to get others as well. For the Bible says

1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.