Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 09:07 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times

Advertisements

Galatians 5:14. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 02:07 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Galatians 5:14. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself".
Amen!!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Quote:
.....In Matthew 22:37-40....The Gospel which Jesus said and Paul quotes say` You will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all you mind....then love your neighbor as your self..on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets ``.....Jesus asked a lawyer in Luke 10: 27..``What is written in the law? read it,,,,, and the lawyer said ``you will Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with your strength and with all your mind and your neighbor as your self`...............This scripture with the lawyer to Jesus is also in Mark 12:33......... Also in Leviticus 19: 18..``you will not avenge, or bear any grudge against the children of your people , but you will love your neighbor and yourself I am the Lord ``.........See there is quotes of the Lord God and the Son of God Jesus Christ that Paul also used in the continue teaching from Jesus Spirit even for us today........ So what happens when we brake these command...? Well then the devil and antichrist and his spirit of religion of strife and contention will have authority and overrule Jesus and His control in the spirit and the earth.....were wars and hatred and murder and covetness and divisions and even the martyr doctrines can grow were iniquity will grow , BUT the heart of the Lord is to Love and show love even were no love will be received ....

Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 PM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
I disagree and go with the Lord not Paul the deceiver.

Matthew 22:36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" 37 And he (Jesus) said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."

Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Now if only most Christians practiced said law. Unfortunately they don't, especially if their neighbor doesn't believe exactly as they do.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:28 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
See Apostle Paul was a teacher for Jesus Christ as Jesus went on to be with his Father and became the Saviour of all Men for the Lord and sit on the right side of the Father ...... Jesus saved Apostle Paul and all the other Christians to go and teach people to find Holy Spirit and go and preach the Gospel, as Jesus could not preach the Gospel with His earthly body in the earth ,, So Jesus uses His Children of Christ to preach the gospel for Him and teach people how to find Holy Spirit ..... See no one is saved thorough Paul or Holy Spirit or any body who may be a Christian, but that does not say the these Christians do not have Jesus in their spirit .... See Apostle Paul was a Child of God and Jesus said about His children in Matthew 18: 4-5...``Whosoever will humble himself as a little child the same if the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.... and who so will RECEIVE SUCH LITTLE CHILD IN MY NAME RECEIVES ME ``.... So is we reject a person who has Jesus spirit and is cleaned by Jesus then we dishonor Jesus and reject a part of Jesus and will lose all the blessing that come from Paul's ministries...

Old 09-25-2011, 06:49 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
This is the Law that truly separates the wannabes from the True Christians. It's simple, but brothers, not easy!! I sterive for it everyday, and usually fall short of the mark.

But I'm working on it, slwly but surely. I just pray that Jesus has the patience with me that I hope he does.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
This is the Law that truly separates the wannabes from the True Christians. It's simple, but brothers, not easy!! I sterive for it everyday, and usually fall short of the mark.

But I'm working on it, slwly but surely. I just pray that Jesus has the patience with me that I hope he does.
Just take one step at a time toward the light that dispels the darkness until you truly feel Christ' all encompassing love.

In my experience...that's when I realized that his spirit has always been with me on my journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity