Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 AM

249 posts, read 473,710 times

Advertisements

I am finding it very difficult to find real christian men to date. It has gotten pretty scary one Christian guy was talking about himself in the third personal and then told me he was a Pedofile... What is going on in the world... Can some one tell me what has happened to real christian men, where did we go wrong as a society? Is it when we took god off our lips or pray out of school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 06:55 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleecya View Post
I am finding it very difficult to find real christian men to date. It has gotten pretty scary one Christian guy was talking about himself in the third personal and then told me he was a Pedofile... What is going on in the world... Can some one tell me what has happened to real christian men, where did we go wrong as a society? Is it when we took god off our lips or pray out of school

There are good men out there and I won't pretend to think that they are easy to find, but many of those good men will never use a label or attach a word to themselves to define who they are.

One problem is thinking a person saying they are a Christian means anything, even if you say you are one, ultimatly it doesn't mean anything, no offense intended.

It is a persons character and actions that matter, not what group of people you imply you are a part of by a label.

Perhaps that is your point, that you can't actually trust that someone who calls themselves a Christian can be trusted to be what the word may imply.

With that said, I'd take a very hard look at where you are looking to find men to date, for some guy to go on a date with you and admit he is a pedo is pretty bizzare. But people can be crazy and true, the word Christian really means very little, if it actually ever did.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
I thought the post was about dating as in setting dates which is clearly something we are not to do. I'll just say if someone is transforming themselves in the image of Christ as defined in the scriptures, there's nothing more beautiful in this existence.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
[quote=aleecya;20998511]I am finding it very difficult to find real christian men to date. It has gotten pretty scary one Christian guy was talking about himself in the third personal and then told me he was a Pedofile... [/quoteI

and...I find it very difficult to believe that one can admit to being a Pedophile while also claiming to be a Christian !

My advice to you is not to look for the label of Christianity on a man but to look for actions of Christianity in a man.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-23-2011 at 01:41 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 10:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
I don't know if "christian dating" got scary or not....but if you find it has..... you might try just dating.....you are catagorizing that part of your life, and could loose out on something good because of it.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
If a person is presenting themselves as "christian" then they are hiding something.

Not slamming them for being christian, but the fact they feel the need to present that aspect sets off all kinds of warning bells, be it neighbor, co-worker, business person, or a date........... they are hiding their flaws (minor to extreme) behind that cloak of their religion.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:53 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Don't look for labels. Look for a person.

PS. While flipping channels last night, I caught a segment on CNN about a church in Indiana (Fairhaven Baptist). What goes on there is beyond disgusting, and it would be easy to qualify them as pedophiles/child abusers. And they take pride in it, backed up with scriptures from the Bible. Would these be Christians?

Old 09-23-2011, 03:07 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
Quote:
Yes, it's very scary to date, Christian or non-Christian these days. That's why I don't do it. But my question to you is.....did you report the pedophile? Please tell me that you at least filed a complaint. Allow friends and family to set you up if you're not already doing that. It's the safest way.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If a person is presenting themselves as "christian" then they are hiding something.

Not slamming them for being christian, but the fact they feel the need to present that aspect sets off all kinds of warning bells, be it neighbor, co-worker, business person, or a date........... they are hiding their flaws (minor to extreme) behind that cloak of their religion.
I tend to agree with this somewhat, but if she is using a Christian dating website then that's one of her prerequisites. But that doesn't mean they are flashing "Christian" around like it's some kind of badge of honor, she just desires another Christian like herself and there's nothing wrong with that.

We all have flaws AN, Christian or not. It's the set of beliefs that need to line up. I couldn't ever date you simply because you're an atheist and you could never date me simply because I'm a Christian.....better to get those kinds of things out of the way quickly.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I tend to agree with this somewhat, but if she is using a Christian dating website then that's one of her prerequisites. But that doesn't mean they are flashing "Christian" around like it's some kind of badge of honor, she just desires another Christian like herself and there's nothing wrong with that.

We all have flaws AN, Christian or not. It's the set of beliefs that need to line up. I couldn't ever date you simply because you're an atheist and you could never date me simply because I'm a Christian.....better to get those kinds of things out of the way quickly.
Sad you choose to judge a person based solely on one aspect of the person, how theistic of you.... but that points another major difference between theists and atheists. I don't make such biased and judgmental assumptions based solely on what you believe or don't.

You come across as an intelligent caring person, and quite moderate (at least in comparison to many here) in your religious views. There is so much more that makes up a person than their belief in a god or not. Intelligence, humor, compassion, a sense of self, a sense of worth, etc. are so much more important......... unless these qualities are missing or seriously flawed then religion is often used to disguise. The nice thing about interacting with an atheist is we don't have that card to play when the questions get hard.

Primarily through business deals I learned quickly that when the religion card is played, that most of the time it is used as a decoy or diversion to hide something. The same is true in personal interactions with individuals, and has proven to be the case the majority of the time.

Case in point, the OP's experience with a sicko trolling for a date on a christian dating site........... Was he interested only in women with small children, something that often sends single men running for the hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity