Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I've never met one of those people. Always the people i've talked to who believe the promise that God will be all in ALL have great joy in that knowledge, and reverence God for his all-encompassing love, compassion, power, and for Christ's victory over sin and death in their lives and in the lives of all people.
Same here, Plerroo. Thanks for answering. I'm still busy picking out the eggshells and haven't got time to really think about another topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Same here, Plerroo. Thanks for answering. I'm still busy picking out the eggshells and haven't got time to really think about another topic.
Somebody is throwing eggs at you in another thread?! What'd you do to deserve that? Don't tell me you're spouting off about God's love again? Tsk.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:15 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times
Webster's Dictionary

Revere: Latin revereri, from re- + vereri to fear, respect
Synonym discussion of Revere:
revere, reverence, venerate, worship, adore mean to honor and admire profoundly and respectfully.

Fear:
3. to have a reverential awe of <fear God>

Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
Quote:
Where Is God's Reverence In This Modern Day?
It is where the Good Book said it would be come the modern age.

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;" (2 Thess:2:3)

Last edited by june 7th; 11-12-2011 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Please refrain from using 'red' as it is used for mod cuts and other moderator actions. Any other color is okay. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2011, 03:47 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
saved33, I do really appreciate your insight, discernment and understanding. You must have been baptized...lol. Yes, reverence does mean those things and I'd like to add, "to have profound respect, or stand in awe of.

Theophane, ...oops, never mind. nice words though...lol

and friend, who showed all the worshippers - I thought about that before I posted this thread, and I respect that, but my Master won't let me leave His side. I have much more respect for the Lamb. Isaiah 53

Old 11-08-2011, 03:50 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
So maybe the rise of secularity and the decline of godliness in people is something that needs to happen.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Also do not confuse someones reverence for God to mean they must do so to another persons or organizations satisfaction. Many people revere God and may appear to be secular.

I know many people that seek out what true love is and they have been so Jaded by their experiences in religion that they simply do not want their lives to be associated with that. I know for a fact they would be called secular when they really are far from it.

Remember, Jesus today would likely be accused of secularism as well. The religious folk of the day accused Jesus of being a sinner, no reason to think it wouldn't be the same today.

There are a lot on this forum that talk the talk, but would probably call Jesus a heretic. LOL

Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Also do not confuse someones reverence for God to mean they must do so to another persons or organizations satisfaction. Many people revere God and may appear to be secular.

I know many people that seek out what true love is and they have been so Jaded by their experiences in religion that they simply do not want their lives to be associated with that. I know for a fact they would be called secular when they really are far from it.

Remember, Jesus today would likely be accused of secularism as well. The religious folk of the day accused Jesus of being a sinner, no reason to think it wouldn't be the same today.

There are a lot on this forum that talk the talk, but would probably call Jesus a heretic. LOL
False. Yahushua was perfectly heavenly minded so that he could do some earthly good, and he was all about calling sinners to repentance. Every word he spoke was spiritual and would always turn a worldly conversation over to the words of life. They looked at him wrong because he spent time with sinners. But what was happening to those sinners? He told them what? to go and sin no more, and they listened - obeyed. He told the pharisees that tax collecters and prostitutes heard the message and obeyed, while they didn't. If you see him as fellowshipping with darkness you have never read His teachings, and of course, chosing to believe whatever it is you want to believe... why... because you yourself probably want to keep on sinning. hypothetical, not really personal. but that is the truth.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
False. Yahushua was perfectly heavenly minded so that he could do some earthly good, and he was all about calling sinners to repentance. Every word he spoke was spiritual and would always turn a worldly conversation over to the words of life. They looked at him wrong because he spent time with sinners. But what was happening to those sinners? He told them what? to go and sin no more, and they listened - obeyed. He told the pharisees that tax collecters and prostitutes heard the message and obeyed, while they didn't. If you see him as fellowshipping with darkness you have never read His teachings, and of course, chosing to believe whatever it is you want to believe... why... because you yourself probably want to keep on sinning. hypothetical, not really personal. but that is the truth.

None of what you said has anything to do with what I am talking about. Sure Jesus told people to go and sin no more, but the pharasees didn;t care about that. The pharasees wanted everyone else to conform to their way of doing things.

That is all that is going on now, religious pharasees wanting everyone else to be like them.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
None of what you said has anything to do with what I am talking about. Sure Jesus told people to go and sin no more, but the pharasees didn;t care about that. The pharasees wanted everyone else to conform to their way of doing things.

That is all that is going on now, religious pharasees wanting everyone else to be like them.
Well, I believe if he were here today, as well as john the baptist, people - especially christians - would say, "hey man, you need a little balance in your life"... or... "hey man, too much of anything is not good" You definitely wouldn't find alot of people hanging out with those two, that's for sure, now that modern medicine has progressed so much. But you put those two in a small village of poor hungry people and you'd probably find some fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity