Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times

Advertisements

just read Revelation. That says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Also do not confuse someones reverence for God to mean they must do so to another persons or organizations satisfaction. Many people revere God and may appear to be secular.

I know many people that seek out what true love is and they have been so Jaded by their experiences in religion that they simply do not want their lives to be associated with that. I know for a fact they would be called secular when they really are far from it.

Remember, Jesus today would likely be accused of secularism as well. The religious folk of the day accused Jesus of being a sinner, no reason to think it wouldn't be the same today.

There are a lot on this forum that talk the talk, but would probably call Jesus a heretic. LOL
I've said it before and I'll say it again...RELIGION is a scourge upon humanity and needs to be replaced by SPIRITUALITY...which is individual, personal and does not follow any man made prescribed rituals or notions. I am thankful that I was freed from the grip of religion...and now have a REAL relationship with God that is all my own. As long as one holds onto the herd mentality and continues to follow and be a part of the herd...one will never have a REAL personal relationship with God...it's impossible.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Well, I believe if he were here today, as well as john the baptist, people - especially christians - would say, "hey man, you need a little balance in your life"... or... "hey man, too much of anything is not good" You definitely wouldn't find alot of people hanging out with those two, that's for sure, now that modern medicine has progressed so much. But you put those two in a small village of poor hungry people and you'd probably find some fans.
What you'd find is people wanting FOOD to ease the hunger in their bellies. I'd have more respect for Christians when they do mission work...if they'd just BE the hands and feet of Jesus instead of trying to convert and indoctrinate people to their way of thinking...Mother Theresa is a fine example of what we ALL should be and how we ALL should be acting.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again...RELIGION is a scourge upon humanity and needs to be replaced by SPIRITUALITY...which is individual, personal and does not follow any man made prescribed rituals or notions. I am thankful that I was freed from the grip of religion...and now have a REAL relationship with God that is all my own. As long as one holds onto the herd mentality and continues to follow and be a part of the herd...one will never have a REAL personal relationship with God...it's impossible.
Would you say that you have absolutely no fear of God?

Question 2 - Do you think it not important to read, listen, and obey the Messiah's teachings... in the four gospels and the book of Revelation?

3 - S God promises to send us the Messiah (and says we must listen to Him), for thousands of years we wait, and then all of the sudden listening and obeying isn't important, and we can believe whatever we want to believe as long as our 'heart' says it's true?

4 - Your heart tells you this?

Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Well, I believe if he were here today, as well as john the baptist, people - especially christians - would say, "hey man, you need a little balance in your life"... or... "hey man, too much of anything is not good" You definitely wouldn't find alot of people hanging out with those two, that's for sure, now that modern medicine has progressed so much. But you put those two in a small village of poor hungry people and you'd probably find some fans.

Modern medicine hasn't progressed much if you really put into perspective. There are still incurable diseases and certainly still blind and lame people that modern medicine can't fix.

I have to differ with you about a modern day Jesus, you probably wouldn't have a lot of people who go to traditional church hangin out with Jesus, they be in their buildings complaining that he was leading multitudes to hell.

The multitudes that followed Jesus in the bible were not the religious leaders or their followers of the day. They were people seeking the face of what Jesus stands for. LOVE

Old 11-08-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Would you say that you have absolutely no fear of God?

Question 2 - Do you think it not important to read, listen, and obey the Messiah's teachings... in the four gospels and the book of Revelation?

3 - S God promises to send us the Messiah (and says we must listen to Him), for thousands of years we wait, and then all of the sudden listening and obeying isn't important, and we can believe whatever we want to believe as long as our 'heart' says it's true?

4 - Your heart tells you this?
God is PURE UNCONDITIONAL AGAPE LOVE...Gods PERFECT love should cast out any and all fear anyone could possibly have. I have absolutely NO FEAR at all of God. If you are still fearful of God...that is something you truly need to go WITHIN and examine for this is not of God.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:45 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Reverance does still exist, but I suppose it's so rare as to have the Time of His Patience about to close. As a whole, this world is about as rebellious, piggish, with most folks happy to oink at the Pleasure Trough, and so much hate! Oh, hate comes in many degrees, from resentments to grudges to...well, you get my point.

We are the lukewarm era, at best? yet we do exist that are truly Reverant, at times. I know it can't be just me, by far, me with my many faults and very fallible self, weakling that I am, a times, and so lost in thought! I personally believe that to be lost in thought is to be "out of" the Presence of God.

Well, I ramble, so sorry but Reverance is not quite extinct. I'm most undeserving but I do experience a stillness that is silence within, not just the stilling of my body, and a quiet awesomeness at times does "visit me" that is true Reverance and in those times I know He is God, and that I'm the sorry thing that's very thankful for salvation, when I've lived a life that deserves just the opposite.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:44 PM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
Yes it is always time to fear the Lord. Very good. Keep learning. Maybe you will find His name.The OT is full of wisdom. Maybe you will find out what those who fear the Lord say to each other.

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple8 The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true all of them just.

The Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his holy ones, for nothing is lacking to those who fear Him. The great grow poor and hungry but those who seek the Lord want for no good thing.

The fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked are brief.

Those who walk uprightly fear the Lord.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.

Those in the west shall fear the name of the Lord, and those in the east, his glory;

Anyone who drinks the water I give him will never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

Last edited by Princely; 11-08-2011 at 06:57 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 06:55 PM

Princely, in the book of Exodus Elohim says to Moses that His name is Yahua for all eternity... quote 'that is my eternal name'.

As far as Yahushua, I'll keep using that name until I find out His new one, which I know isn't Jesus, since that comes from the Greek and is supposed to be a translation of Yahushua. From Hebrew to English, the correct transliterated name that rose dead people is... Yahushua. I use that name and it's definitely powerfull... still today. I personally know this as a fact. As a matter of fact, I'm about to use that name on you to maybe show you the truth. Seriously.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM

You need to understand some things Princely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity