Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
what if i am standing on top of a 10storey building about to make the final step.. in that case i can surely tell you the day and hour of my death..
A mere calculation on your part with no guarantee that you will be successful.
Perhaps, it should be qualified by saying, the exact moment?
Of course, you may be a physics major, desiring to know the exact time of impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Call it whatever you want. I am sure they both understood that there is a possiblility the rapture does not come during their lifetimes. When a prayer is not in line with God's plan, then the prayer is answered with a "no".

You can pray to win the lottery every week, and then accuse God for not making it so, but God's answer to such prayers is a simple "no".
If you believe they both "understood" that there was a possibility the rapture would not come in their lifetimes, then you never read any of Ms. Agee's books or followed her website.

I did. "Religiously".

I first read "Exit 2007" in 1997 when it was a bestseller, and started following her website, Bible Prophecy Corner, and I can tell you that there wasn't the slightest doubt in her mind that 1) the rapture would come 1998-2007 and 2) that she and Ed would be taken together in the rapture. To have been that fervent in wanting to serve God; to "hear" her pray for people so unselfishly and devotedly; to watch her literally give away a fortune in publishing rights for the opportunity to get the word out on what she perceived was a "sure bet" that the rapture was coming in a few years is to know that this was no ordinary woman, but someone incredibly devoted to God and doing His work. All I can say is something is terribly wrong with the Christian faith when the Holy Spirit can just string such a selfless woman along like that for 65 years without "talking to her spirit" and letting her know that her prayers were going to be in vain. Some God! It makes a complete mockery of the three verses I quoted in post #3.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
what if i am standing on top of a 10storey building about to make the final step.. in that case i can surely tell you the day and hour of my death..
Not with absolute certainty. People have survived falls from greater heights. You may end up permanently paralyzed, but still alive.

Trivia on fall survivors HERE

Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If you believe they both "understood" that there was a possibility the rapture would not come in their lifetimes, then you never read any of Ms. Agee's books or followed her website.

I did. "Religiously".

I first read "Exit 2007" in 1997 when it was a bestseller, and started following her website, Bible Prophecy Corner, and I can tell you that there wasn't the slightest doubt in her mind that 1) the rapture would come 1998-2007 and 2) that she and Ed would be taken together in the rapture. To have been that fervent in wanting to serve God; to "hear" her pray for people so unselfishly and devotedly; to watch her literally give away a fortune in publishing rights for the opportunity to get the word out on what she perceived was a "sure bet" that the rapture was coming in a few years is to know that this was no ordinary woman, but someone incredibly devoted to God and doing His work. All I can say is something is terribly wrong with the Christian faith when the Holy Spirit can just string such a selfless woman along like that for 65 years without "talking to her spirit" and letting her know that her prayers were going to be in vain. Some God! It makes a complete mockery of the three verses I quoted in post #3.
Again, when a prayer is not in line with God's plan, then the prayer is answered with a "no".

Old 01-03-2012, 01:54 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It is too bad that all too often followers of Christ have been religiously influenced to always answer to the negative.

I would say that based upon the character of GOD that it will be obvious to him when He's raptured, if the rapture is true.
ok, back to the Rapture...

soemone calls the Rapture garbage, laughs it off BUT should it happen they DO expect to be taken

now, that's what you are saying...

Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
to those who don't know yet..a way of escape - to escape from the Sudden Destruction and its aftermath - is prepared for the Bride of Christ.. This is called the Rapture... if watching for it is not worth your time, perhaps because you find it ridiculous, you can know for sure, you'll be on earth during the great tribulation..

in my mind's eye I see weeping and gnashing of teeth already...

He is coming, whether you like it or not..!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:05 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
ok, back to the Rapture...

soemone calls the Rapture garbage, laughs it off BUT should it happen they DO expect to be taken

now, that's what you are saying...

I was making a point, I think you missed it.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
to those who don't know yet..a way of escape - to escape from the Sudden Destruction and its aftermath - is prepared for the Bride of Christ.. This is called the Rapture... if watching for it is not worth your time, perhaps because you find it ridiculous, you can know for sure, you'll be on earth during the great tribulation..

in my mind's eye I see weeping and gnashing of teeth already...

He is coming, whether you like it or not..!

For those who aren't so inclined to see everything negative, many of us are already watching, but not for the boogie man.

We are watching life, seeing God manifest within people, paying attention to his coming now, for the kingdom is now, you can't know when you will see someone blossom in his kingdom, but for those watching it is great.

For those waiting for the coming doom for others besides yourself, I know elderly people now who have supposedly been waiting 80 -90 years, waiting for the boogie man and their spirit shows their wearyness. For they have taken on a thick yoke and a heavy burden. Living life hoping for something that never comes. Sad that infection is still present.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again, when a prayer is not in line with God's plan, then the prayer is answered with a "no".
So when Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" what He really means is "maybe it will be yours".

Actually, I get where you're coming from, Finn. My problem is I've never had to ask God for anything. He's always provided abundance for me without my ever having prayed for it. It just happened. He's bailed me out of some horrible situations when I didn't know enough to ask Him to do it. I've found that God has provided for me every step of the way without my ever having prayed for Him to do so, so I just leave everything in His capable Hands and give Him thanks every morning and night for the blessings He has showered on me. I cannot fathom why He would have been so good to a person as sinful and evil as myself. Just another example of His unfathomable love for His children.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So when Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" what He really means is "maybe it will be yours".

Actually, I get where you're coming from, Finn. My problem is I've never had to ask God for anything. He's always provided abundance for me without my ever having prayed for it. It just happened. He's bailed me out of some horrible situations when I didn't know enough to ask Him to do it. I've found that God has provided for me every step of the way without my ever having prayed for Him to do so, so I just leave everything in His capable Hands and give Him thanks every morning and night for the blessings He has showered on me. I cannot fathom why He would have been so good to a person as sinful and evil as myself. Just another example of His unfathomable love for His children.
True faith comes only by understanding the will of God. A transformed heart will more and more be able to decern what to pray for so that he will receive it.

Your testamony is spot on because God does for us far above what we can ask or think. I enjoyed your honesty to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity