Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

So what is it called when the "Christian" right discriminates against another religion?
If your white and discriminate against blacks you are a racist.
If your a "Christian" and you discriminate against another white who happens to have a different religious point of view that you have then what are you called?
Is there a Christian word for being two faced?
This is the "Christian" forum so I know the people here who are all good Christians would not discriminate against anybody because of religious beliefs so what's up with the Rev. Grahams son?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Consider the source. What else would you expect from the mouth of a "Professional Christian". The man also advised President Obama to listen to Donald Trump!
Franklin Graham: Obama Should Listen to Trump

Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
So what is it called when the "Christian" right discriminates against another religion?
If your a "Christian" and you discriminate against another white who happens to have a different religious point of view that you have then what are you called?
This is the "Christian" forum so I know the people here who are all good Christians would not discriminate against anybody because of religious beliefs so what's up with the Rev. Grahams son?
According to this article, Franklin Graham is fine with Romney. I don't know where you heard that he is not. Not that I care what Franklin Graham thinks:
Christian Pastor Calls Rev. Franlkin Graham to Repent Over Mormon Comments | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
A "religious bigot."
Quote:
Try "hypocrite."

Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
A christian, one well versed in the concept of hating anyone and everyone that dare to have a different view of the world.

OBTW, racism is also a hatred taught by religion.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Some people are bigots and that likely is his deal.

I have to admit though I don't like Romney much either. It's not a Mormon thing as, the more I see him, the more I kind of like Huntsman. And Huntsman's Mormon too.

Romney just didn't impress me in 2008 and I don't see that he's done anything since then to change my mind. He was a one-term governor who did some things okay, but doesn't strike me as being unusually remarkable as a governor. His other qualities I can think of are: He's really rich, he's athletic, and he hasn't ever been divorced. And largely I'd say that's about it. Did the Republicans have no two-term Governor who's acceptable and halfway interesting? They're forced to force GOP voters to accept a salesman they didn't really want last time?

So to me I'd mostly say his Mormonism is irrelevant, but I'll concede it does matter to many Evangelical-Protestants and a few Catholics too. Many Evangelicals see Mormonism as a cult. Us Catholics will work with Mormons, but the Church considers their baptism invalid and so I think the Church's position is Mormons are not Christian. You might be like, "huh then why did you just say Catholics work with them?" Well I think some Catholics might not agree with the Church on this, but another matter is Catholics can and do work with non-Christians on a variety of things. Anyway Catholics and "Liberal Protestants" tend to be less likely to object to a Mormon, any Mormon, being President. So the "I won't vote for a Mormon" thing is likely significant for Romney, even now, as his numbers among non-Evangelicals tend to be better.

Still, as mentioned, I don't much care for him.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Can you post a link to your source so that I can be informed before responding?

Old 01-11-2012, 09:18 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD
Quote:
Can you post a link to your source so that I can be informed before responding?
According to this source, Graham is ok with it: Franklin Graham on Voting for a Mormon - Politics - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com :

Quote:
Thomas: The Washington Republican establishment appears that they are gunning for Mitt Romney. Can a Christian vote for a Mormon as president?

Graham: Yes, the fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon doesn’t bother me. I think when we are voting for president we need to get the person who is absolutely the most qualified. You can have the nicest guy and he can be a Christian and just wonderful but have absolutely no clue as to how to run a country, you don’t want that. You want somebody who understands Washington, who understands government, who understands how to bring people together so that we can move this country forward. Mitt Romney is a very capable fellow, I know him; I know Newt Gingrich, another very capable person; Michelle Bachman, a very capable lady; Rick Santorum, I like a lot, very gifted guy, a very sharp and so there are some good candidates out there.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:56 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
If you want to get the real picture on the Graham family read the book "Billy Graham and friends - a hidden agenda?" by Dr. Cathy Burns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity