Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times

Advertisements

Praise God!
Just reflecting now on a verse in James about how mercy will triumph over judgment:

"..mercy [full of glad confidence] exults victoriously over judgment." Jas. 2.13 -Amplified

Does it offend you that God might show mercy over sinners, rather than judge them like you want Him to?

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Praise God!
Just reflecting now on a verse in James about how mercy will triumph over judgment:

"..mercy [full of glad confidence] exults victoriously over judgment." Jas. 2.13 -Amplified

Does it offend you that God might show mercy over sinners, rather than judge them like you want Him to?

Blessings,
brian
If God has merczy on sinners, let it be! it doesn't offend me at all. He is God, He knows what to do.. it is not my business to tell him who he should judge or in what way he should judge sinners..

Old 04-09-2012, 04:42 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
God gives good gifts like life when he judges , it is when a nation turns away from God and rejects His dwelling place that God will remove His hand as a wrath of God allowing the devil to bring in his death cycle to the nation , ...Which should encourage people to turn back to God , but the error of atheism make self man as God denying the wrath of God, removing His hand off and accepting the wrath of God as natural .....

Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
On Judgment Day, God will indeed show mercy to sinners, who believed and died in faith, but not to the unbelieving. I explained it like this in my sermon yesterday. Supposed I gave you a check for a million dollars. Now I am just your average guy, but the check is good, I actually do have the million in the bank. However you don't believe I have the money to cover the check, you figure the check is no good, so you throw it away. So you just threw away a million dollars. That how simple the Gospel is. Jesus has achieved and offers to each and every person eternal salvation to all who believe. But it takes faith to do this anyone any good. If we believe and put our trust in HIm, we have that salvation and we will be saved, Jesus will forgive our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. But for those who do not believe, they just threw away eternal salvation and forgiveness for their sins.

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
Jn 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Ro 4:5 However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.
Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—Eph 2:9 not by works, so that no one can boast

Old 04-09-2012, 05:55 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
On Judgment Day, God will indeed show mercy to sinners, who believed and died in faith, but not to the unbelieving. I explained it like this in my sermon yesterday. Supposed I gave you a check for a million dollars. Now I am just your average guy, but the check is good, I actually do have the million in the bank. However you don't believe I have the money to cover the check, you figure the check is no good, so you throw it away. So you just threw away a million dollars. That how simple the Gospel is. Jesus has achieved and offers to each and every person eternal salvation to all who believe. But it takes faith to do this anyone any good. If we believe and put our trust in HIm, we have that salvation and we will be saved, Jesus will forgive our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. But for those who do not believe, they just threw away eternal salvation and forgiveness for their sins.

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
Jn 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Ro 4:5 However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.
Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—Eph 2:9 not by works, so that no one can boast
Amen! it must have been an interesting sermon.. this is true!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 AM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
Man misunderstands scripture and the power of God because He is wicked but the son of man stands in the counsel of the Lord to see and hear His words. The son of man heeds the word of the Lord and keeps it though the wicked will not stand in judgment nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Praise God!

Blessings,
brian
It shouldn't offend us Brian if God wants to go above and beyond what we could imagine and think about His Goodness and Mercy, I know this has been my experience of Him, even at my worst His mercy and goodness fails not.
Maybe we all should begin to imagine and think beyond our limited resources of goodness and mercy.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Praise God!

Blessings,
brian
Offend? No, if God did not show mercy, not one soul on earth would be saved. None of us deserve it, but He is willing to extend it to us anyway.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:11 PM

120 posts, read 119,360 times
does it offend anyone that the concept of god may jsut be a concept? what if this is jsut a story that some people chose to believe and some people dont chose, so judgement is non existant becuase it is only in our minds as a belief... what is right for you may not be right for me.. life goes on whether we beleive it will or not.. we breath without trying. we simple ARE.

If we are allowed to be who we are ..all different, but the same undeath all beliefs, then we eliminate all judgements and hatred and separation.

once we are simply aware of the life within us.. we will see that there is nothing that stops us from this moment to be present and Alive right now, not even the concept that there is a god or not can divide us..

Awareness brings the light.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
To condemn the man for having lost his way, is to punish the already punished .

Neville Goddard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity