Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 09:15 AM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times

Advertisements

I can rarely admire a beautiful woman without lust in my heart. Whats a sinner to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2023, 09:21 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,342,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I can rarely admire a beautiful woman without lust in my heart. Whats a sinner to do?
What do you mean by " admire "?

Old 08-04-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
What do you mean by " admire "?
Look, and imagine her potential for offspring. And desire the attractive

Old 08-04-2023, 09:43 AM

11,502 posts, read 6,016,021 times
Quote:
Among my worst sins, for sure. A least most frequent.

For example I am goofing on youtube and out of nowhere comes a video with women in thongs at the beach. Not a rare video type at all on youtube. And at first it's "these girls are fit and pretty", and then it doesn't take long to send me over the falls into the lake of lust, even though I wasn't looking to go there when I did my search for vacation destinations. It is not like I am thinking, "that is an attractive bikini". It is the uncovered part that sucks me in.

I have heard it said that the most common sins of men are lust related, while the most common sins of women are pride related.

I really wish Christ had not said that adultry=lusting in your heart thingie.

Pretty women are one of the great joys of this wretched and often tumultuous life. It is a shame that lust is a sin, but it is what it is. I kind of get it and I kind of don't. I mean, if you lust but don't covet, is that a half sin, or?

Obviously, not every time I see a pretty girl I lust, but all too often if I wish I were her guy or I am jealous of who she is with, or I wish I had the ability to possess her, I think that qualifies.

Yep, just add this to the list. It is a killer.

FWIW, there are rare times I see a wholesome and gorgeous woman and I have no lust, but just admiration for her good fortune and hard work to be so beautiful. And lust doesn't raise its ugly head. But those are the exceptions that prove the rule. Usually, I wish...

Old 08-04-2023, 09:45 AM

3,830 posts, read 1,385,293 times
Quote:
Pursue purity.
You'll need all the other 6 virtues for the journey.
Jesus will lend a hand along the way - you won't make it without his help!

Old 08-04-2023, 09:51 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
You aren’t doing anything that other men, and women, do. It’s normal.

The trick is to remain respectful.

Old 08-04-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Pursue purity.
You'll need all the other 6 virtues for the journey.
Jesus will lend a hand along the way - you won't make it without his help!
Yep. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:08 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
My understanding is that lust is one of the big ones that most Christian men (and increasingly women) struggle with. Doesn't excuse it, but it is what it is.

Mortify the sin. Don't give it a chance. If you find yourself lusting at particular times, avoid those circumstances. If you see a beautiful woman wearing clothing that encourages it, look away. Turn away.

Old 08-04-2023, 11:03 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,342,635 times
Quote:
Look, and imagine her potential for offspring. And desire the attractive
Lust is an enigma. And for men is usually associated with images. Both 2 and 3 dimensional. Not to mention memories ot dreams of images.

That's usually where it starts, and where it can end.

If you want to.

Victory requires discipline and time.

Old 08-04-2023, 11:07 AM

1,001 posts, read 788,193 times
Quote:
Are you Married?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity