Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 04:24 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
The Sabbath is no where mentioned in the following Scripture as to which commandments follow after salvation in Christ and to be kept in the Spirit.
MT 19:16-21 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have Eternal Life? And he said unto him, Why do you call Me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into Life, keep the commandments. He said unto Him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honour your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbour as yourself. The young man said unto Him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If you will be perfect, go and sell what you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven: and come and follow me." To follow Christ is to keep the first commandment to love God but he would not. We have Eternal life by following Christ/by faith and the proof of it is if we keep these commandments. "By their fruit you shall know them."

Love interprets the law. The spiritual commandments had to do with loving God and our fellow man which has never changed and in the Grace of God we keep them.
Wrong! You are leaving out the other Commandments that involve loving God which Christ said were the greatest of the 2 Great Commandments!

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ listed the commandments in Matthew 19 to show the set of commandments He was referring to the Ten Commandments. The ones He listed only involved the second great commandment to love thy neighbor as thyself. But clearly in Matthew 22 He listed the Great Commandment concerning loving God. As Christ expounded on the Commandment of loving your neighbor as being magnified into the last 6 of the Ten Commandments in Matthew 19, then by implication the First and Great Commandment is magnified by the First four Commandments in the Ten Commandments He spoke of in Matthew 22.

------------------------------------------------------------------
MAGNIFICATION OF THE FIRST GREAT COMMANDMENT TO LOVE GOD
1st Commandment -- Love to God
2nd Commandment -- Love to God
3rd Commandment -- Love to God
4th Commandment -- Love to God

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAGNIFICATION OF THE SECOND GREAT COMMANDMENT TO LOVE NEIGHBOR
5th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
6th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
7th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
8th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
9th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
10th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor

The Sabbath Commandment (4th Commandment) is the test Commandment. It actually identifies who are the people of the true God, both natural born Israelites and those who have been grafted into God's true Church spiritually by receiving God's Holy Spirit.

Sunday worship, Christmas, Easter make up the dreaded Mark of the Beast (Roman Empire) and it identifies the people of the god of this world who actually is Satan the Devil. It was/will be branded on one by force in the past and in the soon coming years ahead. One will not be able to buy or sell unless they have this mark.

I hope this explanation clears up and exposes this false teaching by others who are trying to do away with God's Holy Sabbath which was sanctified and set apart as holy time, not at Mt Sinai, but on the Seventh Day of Creation.

It's time this nation woke up and rejected these false teachers who are helping to destroy this nation because of Sabbath-breaking!

Last edited by tthttf; 11-24-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 03:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wrong! You are leaving out the other Commandments that involve loving God which Christ said were the greatest of the 2 Great Commandments!

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ listed the commandments in Matthew 19 to show the set of commandments He was referring to the Ten Commandments. The ones He listed only involved the second great commandment to love thy neighbor as thyself. But clearly in Matthew 22 He listed the Great Commandment concerning loving God. As Christ expounded on the Commandment of loving your neighbor as being magnified into the last 6 of the Ten Commandments in Matthew 19, then by implication the First and Great Commandment is magnified by the First four Commandments in the Ten Commandments He spoke of in Matthew 22.

MAGNIFICATION OF THE FIRST GREAT COMMANDMENT TO LOVE GOD
1st Commandment -- Love to God
2nd Commandment -- Love to God
3rd Commandment -- Love to God
4th Commandment -- Love to God

MAGNIFICATION OF THE SECOND GREAT COMMANDMENT TO LOVE NEIGHBOR
5th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
6th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
7th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
8th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
9th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor
10th Commandment -- Love to Neighbor

The Sabbath Commandment (4th Commandment) is the test Commandment. It actually identifies who are the people of the true God, both natural born Israelites and those who have been grafted into God's true Church spiritually by receiving God's Holy Spirit.

Sunday worship, Christmas, Easter make up the dreaded Mark of the Beast (Roman Empire) and it identifies the people of the god of this world who actually is Satan the Devil. It was/will be branded on one by force in the past and in the soon coming years ahead. One will not be able to buy or sell unless they have this mark.

I hope this explanation clears up and exposes this false teaching by others who are trying to do away with God's Holy Sabbath which was sanctified and set apart as holy time, not at Mt Sinai, but on the Seventh Day of Creation.

It's time this nation woke up and rejected these false teachers who are helping to destroy this nation because of Sabbath-breaking!
While I do not agree with your theological stance, I do agree with you here...If one loves HaShem, then one will follow His Commandments, all that He Commanded, which is Torah, which Yeshua Himself said that He did not come to destroy nor would it pass away until Heaven and Earth pass away...And if you love your neighbor as yourself, you will not do anything that will hurt them...The Torah instruction, which HaShem gave, is not a burden but to those who want to follow their own way...If one is adhereing to the 2 Commandents Yeshua stressed upon, leading a halakic life should be a joy not a burden...If you notice, Yeshua was asked not what the greatest Commandment is in the Ten, but in the Torah...For if you notice, loving your neighbor as yourself is not found in the Ten, but it is contained within Torah...So, when Yashua answered them He was referencing Torah, which contains the Ten also...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times
Quote:

I spelled out what the two great commandments are and it is perfectly clear they are to love God and our fellow man. Either you can not read or you have a comprehension problem. It seems you like to turn out packaged statements without even trying comprehend what others are saying.

Today under the New Covenant the test is whether you love God, the greatest of the commandments, by believing in The Christ whom God sent as the only way to know who God is and then to follow The Christ. He is the "Way, the Truth and the Life", not the law. The laws fullfilment which is spiritual in nature is found only in Christ not the letter nor trying to follow it's dictates without the mind Christ, as to what the commandments really mean. The summation of all the law is the the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ not the letter nor the temporary ordinances. If a man is in Christ he will fullfil the law of love. If you want to trust in the letter of the law and not Christ then keep it all. If you knew what that meant you would not preach what you do.

The Sabbath was but a day of physical rest for the body which hardly equates with the spiritual laws of love. No harm in keeping it but it will not justfy you from sin nor make you Holy. Holiness is a state of being in Christ, not of doing but rather a free gift given upon being justified through faith in the finished work of Christ. Works of righteousness do follow but by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit not by self efforts of the flesh that only boast in how righteous one is and how sinful others are even though they may be. Love is able to save without judgeing and condemning.

Last edited by garya123; 11-25-2012 at 09:05 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 PM

889 posts, read 825,302 times
Quote:
Exodus 20:
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God's Seventh Day begins at from sunset at the end of the sixth day and ends at sunset at the end of the seventh day. It is holy time. If you steal God's holy time for your own personal use you are sinning! It is made for you but you are not the Lord of the Sabbath, Christ is! And Christ kept God's Commandments, all Ten of the Ten Commandments.

True Christians are those who have come out of this world and do not take part in this world's governments, sports, entertainment, etc. They work and pay taxes and that is about it. A true Christian is set apart just like the seventh-day Sabbath. If you are part of this wicked world then you are not set apart, you are not sanctified and you will see no difference in God's Holy Sabbath. You will think it is a common day just like the other six and like you who has not been set apart from the rest of the world you cannot discern the holy from the profane! God has to call you to repentance before you can truly see the difference!

So, you, the ones who cannot see the difference, then I say take it on faith and obey God and pray that this nation will be spared the horrendous horrors that are going to result for our Sabbath-breaking and idol worship and all of our other sins!

Wake Up, America! It's time we turned to the true God and the true Christ! Christ kept the weekly Sabbath and the annual Sabbaths and true Christians will be doing the same! Again, Wake Up!
Jeez, don't you have another hook to hang your hat on. This one is broken.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Today under the New Covenant the test is whether you love God, the greatest of the commandments, by believing in The Christ whom God sent as the only way to know who God is and then to follow The Christ. He is the "Way, the Truth and the Life", not the law. The laws fullfilment which is spiritual in nature is found only in Christ not the letter nor trying to follow it's dictates without the mind Christ, as to what the commandments really mean. The summation of all the law is the the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ not the letter nor the temporary ordinances. If a man is in Christ he will fullfil the law of love. If you want to trust in the letter of the law and not Christ then keep it all. If you knew what that meant you would not preach what you do..
If we are to have the mind of Yeshua, and Yeshua had the mind of the Father and He preached Torah and led a halackic life, and we are to have the mind of Yeshua and follow His example...What was His mind and what was His example?...

Quote:
The Sabbath was but a day of physical rest for the body which hardly equates with the spiritual laws of love. No harm in keeping it but it will not justfy you from sin nor make you Holy. Holiness is a state of being in Christ, not of doing but rather a free gift given upon being justified through faith in the finished work of Christ. Works of righteousness do follow but by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit not by self efforts of the flesh that only boast in how righteous one is and how sinful others are even though they may be. Love is able to save without judgeing and condemning.
I can agree here to a point...

Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,747 times
Quote:
I spelled out what the two great commandments are and it is perfectly clear they are to love God and our fellow man. Either you can not read or you have a comprehension problem. It seems you like to turn out packaged statements without even trying comprehend what others are saying.

Today under the New Covenant the test is whether you love God, the greatest of the commandments, by believing in The Christ whom God sent as the only way to know who God is and then to follow The Christ. He is the "Way, the Truth and the Life", not the law. The laws fullfilment which is spiritual in nature is found only in Christ not the letter nor trying to follow it's dictates without the mind Christ, as to what the commandments really mean. The summation of all the law is the the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ not the letter nor the temporary ordinances. If a man is in Christ he will fullfil the law of love. If you want to trust in the letter of the law and not Christ then keep it all. If you knew what that meant you would not preach what you do.

No!

If one has the love that actually comes from God, one would keep His Sabbaths holy and show respect and love to God! You call His Feast days, just common ordinary days where one takes physical rest as if God's sanctification and making holy a day of the week amounts to nothing. That's getting close to blasphemy don't you think?

Contrary to what you claim -- "The Sabbath was but a day of physical rest for the body which hardly equates with the spiritual laws of love" -- God's Sabbaths are called Feasts of God.

Leviticus 23:
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings...

Isaiah 56:
1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come [the time setting "near to come" is just before return of Jesus Christ], and my righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me [I can't emphasize it enough -- keeping the Sabbath shows honors, respect and love towards God and is a sign that identifies (Exodus 31) the people of God both physically and spiritually], and take hold of my covenant [New Covenant -- in verse 1 it states "my salvation is "NEAR TO COME"];
5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant [again, New Covenant -- in verse 1 it states "my salvation is "NEAR TO COME"];
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain [time setting is after Christ's Return Isaiah 2 (see below), Micah 4], and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people [not just physical Israelites, but even physical born Gentiles who have been grafted into Israel -- see Romans 11]...

Isaiah 2:
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

God's Holy Spirit will correct one who keeps His Sabbaths today. Your heart will smite you when you try to profane God's Holy Sabbath if you truly have received the love of God through God's Holy Spirit.

I Samuel 24:
5 And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.

Romans 5: [NKJV]
5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

This nation is morally and spiritually bankrupt. It actually hates God and profanes His Sabbath because of the lack of the true Love of God that comes when one receives God's Holy Spirit.

Wake Up, America! We need to keep God's weekly and annual Sabbaths and show love to our Creator and not worship this false god and false christ that has been set up by the church of the Beast (the Roman Empire)!

Again, I say, Wake Up!!!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 PM

398 posts, read 545,442 times
Yeah, this really sucks..... I got this Mark of the Beast....
tried Clorox....ultra-violet light treaments...even that LAZER stuff they use on tattoos..nothing works.

Sux2bme.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM

167 posts, read 179,781 times
Wait a minute. God commands us or God commanded the ancient Israelite?

Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,136,209 times
-Since some like to point out the Rome Empire and Constantine of 300AD's as to why the Sabbath was changed which is not in the bible, I will go out the bible as well and show some of the 1rst century writing and will point out what the 1rst century believers and leaders were actually doing.

Ignatius of Antioch, A.D. 110

If those who have been brought up in the ancient order of things [i.e., converted Jews] have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath but living in observance of the Lord's day, on which also our life has sprung up again by him and his death … how shall we [i.e., Gentile converts] be able to live apart from him, when even the prophets themselves—also his disciples— waited for him in the Spirit as their Teacher? (Letter to the Magnesians 9)It is absurd to profess Christ and to Judaize. For Christianity did not believe into Judaism, but Judaism into Christianity. (Letter to the Magnesians 10)

Pseudo-Barnabas, A.D. 120 - 130
"He rested on the seventh day." This means that when his Son comes again, he shall destroy the wicked man, judge the ungodly, and change the sun, moon, and stars, and then he will truly rest on the seventh day.
In addition, he says, "You shall sanctify it with pure hands and a pure heart." If, therefore, anyone can now sanctify the day which God has sanctified except by being pure in heart in all things, then we are deceived. Behold, therefore, it is certain that we properly rest and sanctify it when we are able to work righteousness because we have received the promise and wickedness no longer exists because all things have been made new by the Lord. Then we shall be able to sanctify it because we are first sanctified ourselves.
Further, he says to them, "Your new moons and Sabbaths I cannot endure." You understand what he's saying. Your present Sabbaths are not acceptable to me, but the Sabbath I have made is. When I give rest to all things, I shall make a beginning of the eighth day; that is, a beginning of another world. Therefore we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose from the dead. (Letter of Barnabas 15)
Letter to Diognetus, A.D. 80 - 200
But as to their meticulousness concerning foods, their superstition regarding the Sabbaths, their boasting about circumcision, and their fancies about fasting and the new moons--which are utterly ridiculous and unworthy of notice--I do not think you need to learn anything from me. For … to speak falsely of God, as if He forbad us to do what is good on the Sabbath days, how is not this impious? … And as to their observing months and days—as if waiting upon the stars and the moon—and their distributing according to their own tendencies the appointments of God and the vicissitudes of the seasons, some for festivities and others for mourning; who would deem this a part of divine worship and not much rather a manifestation of folly? (ch. 4)

Justin Martyr, c. A.D. 150
And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together in one place … Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world. On the same day, Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead. (First Apology 67)
Is there any other matter, my friends, in which we [Christians] are blamed [by the Jews] than this: that we do not live according to the Law, are not circumcised in the flesh as your forefathers were, and do not observe Sabbaths as you do? (Dialogue with Trypho, a Jew 10)
[Trypho, the Jew, speaking] This is what are most at a loss about. You [Christians], professing yourselves to be godly and supposing yourselves better than others, are not separated from them. You do not alter your way of living from that of the nations in that you observe no festivals or Sabbaths and do not have the right of circumcision. (Dialogue with Trypho, a Jew 10)
The new law requires you to keep perpetual Sabbath, and you [Jews], because you are idle for one day, suppose you are godly, not understanding why this command was given to you. if you eat unleavened bread, you say the will of God has been fulfilled. The Lord our God does not take pleasure in such observances. If there is any perjured person or thief among you, let him cease to be so. If any adulterer, let him repent. Then he has kept the sweet and true Sabbaths of God. (Dialogue with Trypho, a Jew 12)
Theophilus, c. A.D. 170
The philosophers, writers, and poets … [spoke] concerning the seventh day, which all men acknowledge , but most do not know that what among the Hebrews is called the Sabbath is translated into Greek the "seventh." It is a name adopted by every nation, although they do not know the reason for the name. (To Autolycus III:12)
Irenaeus, A.D. 183 - 186
We learn from Scripture itself that God gave circumcision … as a sign. … Ezekiel the prophet says the same concerning the Sabbaths: "I gave them my Sabbaths to be a sign between me and them … " … These things, then, were given as a sign, but the signs were not lacking symbolism … since they were given by a wise Artist; the circumcision of the flesh typified that which was of the Spirit. … But the Sabbaths taught that we should continue day by day in God's service. … In addition, the Sabbath of God—that is, the kingdom—was indicated by created things. In this kingdom the man who has persevered in serving God shall, in a state of rest, partake of God's table. (Against Heresies IV:16:1)
Clement of Alexandria, c. A.D. 190
Plato prophetically speaks of the Lord's day in the tenth book of the Republic, in these words: "And when seven days have passed to each of them in the meadow, on the eighth they are to set out and arrive in four days." (Miscellanies V:14; I include this quote because it implies the Lord's day is the eighth day, or Sunday, rather than Saturday or the Sabbath.)
He … according to the Gospel, keeps the Lord’s day when he abandons an evil disposition and assumes that of the Gnostic [Clement believed that Christians were the true gnostics], glorifying the Lord’s resurrection in himself. (Miscellanies VII:12)
Tertullian, c. A.D. 200
We count fasting or kneeling in worship on the Lord's day to be unlawful. (De Corona 3)
The Holy Spirit upbraids the Jews with their holy days. "Your Sabbaths, new moons, and feasts," says he, "my soul hates" [Is. 1:14]. We—to whom Sabbaths are strange, and the new moons and festivals are formerly beloved by God—frequent the Saturnalia, New Year's, and Midwinter's festivals and Matronilia. (On Idolatry 14; This is a complaint about Christians, who wouldn't celebrate Jewish holidays, attending pagan celebrations.)
Others … suppose that the sun is the God of the Christians because it is a well-known fact that we pray towards the east or because we make Sunday a day of festivity. (Ad Nationes 13)
We understand that God's law was before even Moses … subsequently reformed for the patriarchs [i.e., Israel's twelve sons] and so again for the Jews at definite periods. So we are not to give heed to Moses' Law as though it were the primitive Law, but as to a later, which at a definite time God set forth to the Gentiles, too, and—after repeatedly promising to do so through the prophets—has reformed for the better. …
Let us not annul the power God has to reform the Law's precepts in response to the circumstances of the time, with a view to men's salvation. To be specific, let him who contends that the Sabbath is still to be observed as a balm of salvation … teach us that in the past righteous men kept the Sabbath or practiced circumcision and were thus rendered friends of God.
… Since God originated Adam uncircumcised and inobservant of the Sabbath, therefore his offspring, Abel, was commended by [God] when he offered sacrifices both uncircumcised and inobservant of the Sabbath. … Noah also—uncircumcised and, yes, inobservant of the Sabbath—God freed from the deluge. Enoch, too, that most righteous man, while uncircumcised and inobservant of the Sabbath, [God] translated from this world. [Enoch] did not first taste death so that, being a candidate for eternal life, he might in our era show us that we may, without the burden of the Law of Moses, please God. (An Answer to the Jews 2)
The Jews say that from the beginning God sanctified the seventh day by resting on it from all the works which he had made. … From this we Christians understand that we even more ought to observe a Sabbath from all servile work always, and not only every seventh day, but through all time. And through this the question arises for us, what Sabbath did God want us to keep? For the Scriptures point to a Sabbath eternal and a Sabbath temporal. For Isaiah the prophet says, "Your Sabbaths my soul hates" [Is. 1:14] and in another place he says, "My Sabbaths you have profaned" [Ezek. 22:8]. From this we discern that the temporal Sabbath is human, and the eternal Sabbath is considered Divine.
Concerning this he predicts through Isaiah, "'And there shall be,' he says, 'month after month, day after day, and Sabbath after Sabbath, and all flesh shall come to adore in Jerusalem,' says the Lord" [Is. 66:23, LXX]. We understand this to have been fulfilled in the times of Christ when all flesh—that is, every nation—came to adore, in Jerusalem, God the Father through Jesus Christ his Son. … Thus, therefore, before this temporal Sabbath there was an eternal Sabbath foreshown and foretold. (An Answer to the Jews 4)
-As you can see people the early church leaders were worshiping on Sundays long before 300AD and this is written proof. Sabbatarians always point to Constantine but never actually research the entire story to show that all Constantine did was make legal what believers were already been doing for hundreds of years already and not just one day say, worship on Sundays with with Sun God like me.

As for the Council of Nicea, the only decision they made about Sunday was that Passover would be celebrated on the Sunday nearest Nisan 14, rather than on Nisan 14 itself since the big debate was over what day to celebrate it and not over a Saturday cs Sunday issue. The idea that Constantine and the Council of Nicea changed the Sabbath to Sunday from Saturday is simply a myth.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
Wait a minute. God commands us or God commanded the ancient Israelite?
Gentiles are grafted into the Faith of Israel....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity