Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,what can a homosexual do if they aren't attracted to members of the opposite sex?
If I'm not attracted to men,does that mean I force myself to like them and marry one,or just stay single and turn off any lusts I have?
The last thing you want to do is marry someone of the opposite sex when you aren't attracted to them just to be socially acceptable. Biblically, one is to stay single and battle lust just as a straight person would. God doesn't require a heterosexual relationship, but he does forbid sex outside of the confines of one man, one woman in the marriage bed. It's a hard pill to swallow and yes it is a lonely life but part of following Christ is to deny yourself and your sinful desires. Also, according to Kinsey, a psychologist highly respected in the gay community, 80% of the population is bisexual to some degree with 10% being exclusively attracted to the same sex and 10% being exclusively attracted to the opposite sex, so while serving Christ, he may bring that one person of the opposite sex into your life you will be attracted to. This happened to a good friend of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
In a former incarnation, I started this thread. Add another "monkey wrench" into the seemingly black and white equation.

The hermaphrodite - God's creation?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Biblically, one is to stay single and battle lust just as a straight person would.
The Bible doesn't say that. Paul says most humans were not given the gift of celibacy. Prove to me, it says God gave that gift to all gay people on Earth.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral(fornicators) nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ro 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Lev 18:22 “ ‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

The Bible condemns all sexual activity outside the bonds of marriage. I can never figure out what homosexuals take such offense, as divorce, adultery, prostitution and all heterosexual fornication are equally condemned. God's plan was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Trying to argue that God has no problem with homosexuality cannot be based on the Bible. If someone uses their rational mind to decide its OK, then fine. Just don't be surprised if that doesn't work out for you on judgment day.
You guys just can't help yourselves pulling those verses out of context and original language can you? You quote Romans 1:26, but ignore the discussion of pagan worship, and Romans 2 which tells you you do the exact same things. Are you gay Prairie? Paul says you are in Romans 2, if Romans 1 is condemning homosexuality.

You quote Leviticus, yet ignore the context and the wording. A man can't lie with a man as with a woman. Physically impossible. That verse also takes an abrupt context change from the surrounding verses, because the original scripture had no page or verse numbers. It's an entirely separate discussion, and deals with pagan rituals in the temple of Molech. And why do you quote the Old Law. Exodus 35 says you should be executed for working on friday night or Saturday. Do you follow that law?

Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 AM

398 posts, read 545,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You guys just can't help yourselves pulling those verses out of context and original language can you? You quote Romans 1:26, but ignore the discussion of pagan worship, and Romans 2 which tells you you do the exact same things. Are you gay Prairie? Paul says you are in Romans 2, if Romans 1 is condemning homosexuality.

You quote Leviticus, yet ignore the context and the wording. A man can't lie with a man as with a woman. Physically impossible. That verse also takes an abrupt context change from the surrounding verses, because the original scripture had no page or verse numbers. It's an entirely separate discussion, and deals with pagan rituals in the temple of Molech. And why do you quote the Old Law. Exodus 35 says you should be executed for working on friday night or Saturday. Do you follow that law?
I'll go a step farther than that, F....

I don't follow the teachings of Paul, or Timothy....in fact I get a little impatient with all those 600 rules the ancient tribes of Israel needed to keep organization in their community. If I was going to follow the teachings of Paul... I guess I would be a "Paulian" or a "Paulist". Paul didn't walk the countryside of Israel spreading a different way to look at the World....and get executed for it. AFAIK Paul was never resurrected. There is a lot of lovely poetry in the writings that came after Jesus and it makes for a great story, no doubt. But its people talking about THEIR TAKE on what Jesus meant. I don't need someone to interpret Jesus for me...its pretty plain what it means to follow the teachings of Jesus.

Sometimes I feel like I am listening to a lot of Monday Morning Quarterbacking when I have already watched the game.

FWIW.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
I'll go a step farther than that, F....

I don't follow the teachings of Paul, or Timothy....in fact I get a little impatient with all those 600 rules the ancient tribes of Israel needed to keep organization in their community. If I was going to follow the teachings of Paul... I guess I would be a "Paulian" or a "Paulist". Paul didn't walk the countryside of Israel spreading a different way to look at the World....and get executed for it. AFAIK Paul was never resurrected. There is a lot of lovely poetry in the writings that came after Jesus and it makes for a great story, no doubt. But its people talking about THEIR TAKE on what Jesus meant. I don't need someone to interpret Jesus for me...its pretty plain what it means to follow the teachings of Jesus.

Sometimes I feel like I am listening to a lot of Monday Morning Quarterbacking when I have already watched the game.

FWIW.
Pter (who walked with Jesus) said Paul's writings were gospel.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:41 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,893 times
I have been reading the posts and I will soon give my opinion but it will take me a while to write it and I am busy right now. But to give a quick summary, homosexuality is not a choice it has been proven. Some here acknowledge it but still believe it is wrong. I dont agree that God made "mistakes" on purpose, so I will abound more on this later.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
I have been reading the posts and I will soon give my opinion but it will take me a while to write it and I am busy right now. But to give a quick summary, homosexuality is not a choice it has been proven. Some here acknowledge it but still believe it is wrong. I dont agree that God made "mistakes" on purpose, so I will abound more on this later.
The Conservative "Christian" crowd frankly doesn't care. They are content with gays being miserable, alone, and depressed through no fault of their own. They are content exalting that supposed "sin" higher than all their sins, and they are perfectly fine with butchering the Bible and living in ignorance to make that point get across.

You cannot reason with these people.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:31 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Fiyero, You may get other people to agree with you. However, the Bible is very clear and consistent. Sex outside the bonds of a marriage between a man and a woman is condemned. Incest, adultery, fornication, and homosexuality are all condemned. Rebelling against God's word is to rebel against HIM, and puts anyone who rebels in a very bad position as an enemy of God. Don't think I'll join you.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Fiyero, You may get other people to agree with you. However, the Bible is very clear and consistent. Sex outside the bonds of a marriage between a man and a woman is condemned. Incest, adultery, fornication, and homosexuality are all condemned. Rebelling against God's word is to rebel against HIM, and puts anyone who rebels in a very bad position as an enemy of God. Don't think I'll join you.
Same applies to hypocrites, liars, gossipers, cheaters (all forms) and JUDGERS.

I am pretty sure a lot of Christians will be in the first row to hell, well ahead of homosexuals- that is, if the latter indeed go to hell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity