Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times

Advertisements

[1] Sadly, it will not be the last time.

Take every gun away and what still remains is that sin exists, evil exists, Satan exists and that there are bloodthirsty men (humans) who hate righteous and the Righteousness of God.
Exodus 1:22
Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every boy that is born you must throw into the Nile," (boy's that were born to Israel slave women)

Matthew 2:16
When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.
Satan exists and his intentions are evil:
Job 1:7
The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”

1 Peter 5:8
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Satan dares God that righteous people will curse God if evil gets their way.
Job 2:4-9
“Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

His wife (Job's) said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
---------------------------------------------------------------
[2] Despite the question "where was God" ..... God never went anywhere, Jesus said:
Matthew 28:20
" And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
had control
Luke 6:19
and the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him.....

2 Chronicles 20:6
“O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.
and allowed this to occur

Psalm 135:6
The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[3] God can also use events like this for several reasons:
A) Tragic events forces people to turn to God
Psalm 50:15
" call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
B) Newtown is one the wealthiest county's in the wealthiest nation in the world.
Maybe the adults got too out of wack about their priorities. As Jesus spoke about what God does about people's false priorities
Luke 12:19-21
And I’ll say to myself, “ ' You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ’

“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

“This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-17-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
[1] Sadly, it will not be the last time.

Take every gun away and what still remains is that sin exists, evil exists, Satan exists and that there are bloodthirsty men (humans) who hate righteous and the Righteousness of God.
Exodus 1:22
Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every boy that is born you must throw into the Nile," (boy's that were born to Israel slave women)

Matthew 2:16
When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.
Satan exists and his intentions are evil:
Job 1:7
The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”

1 Peter 5:8
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Satan dares God that righteous people will curse God if evil gets their way.
Job 2:4-9
“Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

His wife (Job's) said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
---------------------------------------------------------------
[2] Despite the question "where was God" ..... God never went anywhere, Jesus said:
Matthew 28:20
" And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
had control
Luke 6:19
and the people all tried to touch him,because power was coming from him.....

2 Chronicles 20:6
“O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations.Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.
and allowed this to occur
Psalm 135:6
The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[3] God can also use events like this for several reasons:
A) Tragic events forces people to turn to God
Psalm 50:15
" call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
B) Newtown is one the wealthiest county's in the wealthiest nation in the world.
Maybe the adults got too out of wack about their priorities. As Jesus spoke about what God does about people's false priorities
Luke 12:19-21
And I’ll say to myself, “ ' You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ’

“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

“This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”
A. NO one wants to takes all guns away. Isn't lying considered a sin?

B. Your blaming the parents

"""Newtown is one the wealthiest county's in the wealthiest nation in the world.
Maybe the adults got too out of wack about their priorities. As Jesus spoke about what God does about people's false priorities"""

is sick and disgusting and if your "god" does things like this he and his followers must be equal scum.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A. NO one wants to takes all guns away. Isn't lying considered a sin?

Headlines:
Conn. school shooting reopens debate over gun laws
Connecticut gun ownership ranks low nationally. As of 2007, according to USACarry.com, 16.7 percent of the state’s population owned a gun. That ranks Connecticut 47 out of 50 states and the District of Columbia.

A visibly emotional President Obama seemed willing to renew debate, calling for "meaningful action" to prevent similar shootings.
-------------------------------------------------

And removing the balance of 16% who own a gun legally in Conn is going to stop evil people from obtaining one illegally?

Has the liberals reminded their savior about "fast and furious" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
B. Your blaming the parents

"""Newtown is one the wealthiest county's in the wealthiest nation in the world.
Maybe the adults got too out of wack about their priorities. As Jesus spoke about what God does about people's false priorities"""

is sick and disgusting and if your "god" does things like this he and his followers must be equal scum.
Did you wake up today thinking that you may not see sunset?
Did you wake up today thinking that your neighbor's son\daughter would not live to see 12 noon?
Did you wake up knowing God has the right to end life... anybody's life ... when and how He chooses?
Did you wake up thinking that today might be your "judgement day" ?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Headlines:
Conn. school shooting reopens debate over gun laws
Connecticut gun ownership ranks low nationally. As of 2007, according to USACarry.com, 16.7 percent of the state’s population owned a gun. That ranks Connecticut 47 out of 50 states and the District of Columbia.

A visibly emotional President Obama seemed willing to renew debate, calling for "meaningful action" to prevent similar shootings.
-------------------------------------------------

And removing the balance of 16% who own a gun legally in Conn is going to stop evil people from obtaining one illegally?

Has the liberals reminded their savior about "fast and furious" ?

Did you wake up today thinking that you may not see sunset?
Did you wake up today thinking that your neighbor's son\daughter would not live to see 12 noon?
Did you wake up knowing God has the right to end life... anybody's life ... when and how He chooses?
Did you wake up thinking that today might be your "judgement day" ?
You have shown no proof whatsoever that anyone wants to take away all the guns.

The rest of your post is incoherent rambling and avoidance of the "inconvenient" part of my post.

""""B. Your blaming the parents

Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
We are all shocked, saddened and even confused by the senseless death of children and their teachers this past Friday. This is not the forum to discuss the politics of gun control.

This one has to be closed..God Bless the children, the first responders and the Nation in mourning..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity