Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 AM

113 posts, read 150,937 times

Advertisements

Being a child of God and being called a Christian qualifies a person to be a worshipper, whether you have a sweet voice or a horsey voice, whether you can dance or you have CRD (Caucasian Rhythm Disorder) in God’s books you qualify as a worshipper.

The name of a person reveals their character and the quality of worship reveals the character of a worshipper. Just like the names of God reveal his character and a worshipper is known his or her character.

Characteristics of a Worshipper

• Brokenness and Humility

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise” Psalms 51:17

“The LORD is nigh (near) unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit” Psalms 34:18

“Because your heart was tender, and thou didst humble thyself before God, when thou heard his words against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, and humbled thyself before me, and didst rend thy clothes, and weep before me; I have even heard thee also, saith the LORD”. 2 Chronicles 34:27

What God is looking for is a broken heart, a worshipper whose heart and spirit is broken shattered and only looks to Jesus to be mended. It’s the minds and hearts of people whose spirit and heart desires and will have been surrendered totally to God.

• Holiness:
“O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth and Isaiah 35:8

“And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it” Isaiah 35:8

God has called us to walk on the highway of holiness because the only way to meet the father is for us to go up to his platform. To be Holy as he is Holy and to leave our lives in a state of purity and sanctity, God spoke it Be holy for I’m Holy. He wasn’t making it hard on us, he was creating a common ground for you and me to stand in his place. If we are not in a good place we find ourselves saying Woe is me for I’m undone.

• Attitude
“When I worship I would rather let my heart be without words than my words be without a heart”, Matt Redman.

You can sing your heart out or play your heart out, if your attitude is wrong then you were going through the paces of worship. Your attitude should complement the worship proceeding from your heart and expression to your God making an offering to God.

There is saying which says “your attitude determines your altitude” and it’s so true with God as well.

• Reverence
“Let us worship with reverence and awe for our God is a consuming fire”. Hebrews 12:29

It is that deep sense of respect and honour of the one whom you worship. Reverence is basically submission to another who is superior to you and it is when we submit and avail our lives from glory that we start to see God moving in our lives more and more. You know from whence you receive from.

These attributes allow God a platform and place in our lives for him to move and speak to us. These are not things we just pray about and forget but these are qualities we have to work on ourselves with the help of the Holy Spirit. What we are looking for is not just audience with the King but we are chasing after Him and His presence

It’s not just one aspect of your life that causes you to worship God it’s that merge of these different qualities that causes you to bring acceptable worship. It’s just like how a cake is mixed from different ingredients so is a worshipper made before his master.

“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; Worship The LORD In The Beauty Of Holiness”, Psalms 29:2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,575,577 times
Read the sermon on the mount. All of the characteristics are there.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Read the sermon on the mount. All of the characteristics are there.
See also 1 Cor 13.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
See also 1 Cor 13.

As well as Galatians re: the fruit of the Spirit...

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control

Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Thank you for sharing, ArkofWorship. God bless.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM

113 posts, read 150,937 times
thanks to you all that wrote....

Character makes all the difference in life, and as a worshipper it determines how far you go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity