Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 AM

113 posts, read 151,135 times

Advertisements

Worship in the bible started as an attitude of sacrifice and obedience and with time it became an integral part in Israel with the tabernacle and sacrifices evolving into worship and music. Now we are having so many worship wars in the church over the small little things and we haven’t searched the scriptures to know what the word says, all we know has been passed down from the generation before us.

One of the things we have been told is that worship is a matter of the heart. In the process of time man has detached his heart from his life, it easy for man to worship God with his heart but his mind and body are somewhere else. You hear people say God only looks at the heart and only considers the heart.

True that worship starts in the heart and God is more blessed with worship that comes from the heart but what moves Him or the worship that attracts his attention comes from a broken heart. “For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise”. Psalms 51:16-17

God is blessed more by broken hearts offering their worship to Him. David wrote this verse though he is well known for offering sacrifices to God in quantities.

“And it came to pass, when the King Jehoram heard the words of the woman, that he rent his clothes; and he passed by upon the wall, and the people looked, and, behold, he had sackcloth within upon his flesh”. 2 Kings 6:30.

The king was dressed in his kingly robes on as he rode on the wall but was wearing sack cloth inside his robe I believe this should be what our lives be lived as such, though we look good on the outside let our hearts be rent and broken on the inside.

A married couple who are in love with each other and love each other very much will always express their love through many ways. A natural relationship doesn’t just recognize love in the heart but it desires to see that love expressed.

When you love someone you just don’t tell them that you love them but you buy gifts, hold their hands, look into their eyes and do small things like breakfast in bed this is to show you love the person. Some of the Greek and Hebrew meanings of the word worship show that worship is seen in bowing, lying prostrate, thanksgiving, service, sacrifice.

“When I worship I would rather let my heart be without words than my words be without a heart” Matt Redman

“Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me…”. Isaiah 29:13 Actions without a heart they are just plain, the bible calls it vain worship. Words without a heart are just lip service, bowing before the Lord without a heart is just exercise, sacrifice without a heart isn’t different from an afternoon braai.

God just doesn’t want a part of you; God wants all of you and all about you. If it’s not enough to give your spouse your heart alone but also you give him or her your whole life, why do we treat God differently? The worship that moves God comes from a broken heart and out of fullness of our hearts we express it seemingly.

Worship is based in the spirit, emanating from a broken heart which out of its fullness expresses itself before God. When I worship I would rather my heart be without any expression than my expressions be without a heart.

“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; Worship The LORD In The Beauty Of Holiness”, Psalms 29:2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 08:02 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
As Christ said; "Whatever your heart is full of that's what your mouth will speak."

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."

"Genuine worshipers will worship the Lord in spirit and in truth"

The Lord says; "Anyone who offers praise as a sacrifice glorifies me and to him who goes the right way I will show the salvation of God."

"Offer just sacrifice and trust in the Lord."

"Seek the Lord so you will live."

Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
As Christ said; "Whatever your heart is full of that's what your mouth will speak."

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."

"Genuine worshipers will worship the Lord in spirit and in truth"

The Lord says; "Anyone who offers praise as a sacrifice glorifies me and to him who goes the right way I will show the salvation of God."

"Offer just sacrifice and trust in the Lord."

"Seek the Lord so you will live."
Amen.... thank you, Peacegiver for a wonderful and encouraging post !!
May His people continue always without ceasing worship the Lord Jesus with all our hearts, singing praises, giving Him all the glory for He is so worthy... to be called Lord of all, amen \0/ !!

May the blessings of the presence of our Lord Jesus be in His fullness.... prayed for you today !!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:24 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
As Believer In Christ can have a real hard time in the care of the World , and the mind could be off on a tangent but the heart and the spirit God put in His believers would be right on target , as the fruit of the spirit is not completely connected, to the mind ..... Then there can be deceiving dark spirit who should be discerned and put out as these can send the mind off ...Which can attract sin which can harden a heart which can ignore the Worship of the Lord , as if sin is allowed to stay then faith can be compromised ....See the Lord will encourage His believers to be rid of sin as the sin can remove peace which Holy Spirit must have peace, to abide Jesus In Believers .... As believers get rid of these dark spirits which can pollute the mind , they will be free to Worship the Lord , and the very removal of dark spirits is resisting them which is itself a Worship of Honor of Gods Word , which God will Honor .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity