Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I think it may well be. God is letting the people of America have their way. They've hardened their hearts and turned from him.
I'm completely hardened to evangelical fundamental Christianity and the accepting of Jesus as your Savior or personal Savior, which scripture does not refer to either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 06:34 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm completely hardened to evangelical fundamental Christianity and the accepting of Jesus as your Savior or personal Savior, which scripture does not refer to either.
The only reason the word personal is used is because it is a personal decision. One must accept Jesus as their Savior, trusting in His death as the payment for their sins and His resurrection as their guarantee of eternal life (John 3:16)

Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Sadly most have, and it's only going to worse till Jesus comes back.
Yep, it is what it is....the sign of the times. The tireless attacks on followers of Christ aka the church (as seen in this thread) is another sign. It will only get worse.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The only reason the word personal is used is because it is a personal decision. One must accept Jesus as their Savior, trusting in His death as the payment for their sins and His resurrection as their guarantee of eternal life (John 3:16)
John 3:16 does not come close to saying that.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep, it is what it is....the sign of the times. The tireless attacks on followers of Christ aka the church (as seen in this thread) is another sign. It will only get worse.
If you are a follower of Christ,what is the hallmark that you are ?.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 PM

472 posts, read 570,640 times
On the eve of the year 1000, a lot of people thought it was the end of the world, and gave away everything they owned in order to get a place in heaven (not kidding).

There have been many, many ends of the world since then. What makes yours so special?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
On the eve of the year 1000, a lot of people thought it was the end of the world, and gave away everything they owned in order to get a place in heaven (not kidding).

There have been many, many ends of the world since then. What makes yours so special?
We believe in the bible ?..

Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 PM

472 posts, read 570,640 times
I am talking about many times that bible-believing Christians have thought it was the end of the world. They did over 1000 years ago, too.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...l-fascinations

Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
John 3:16 does not come close to saying that.
16-18 “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

Sounds like a personal decision to me.

Acts 26

28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

29 Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”

Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
16-18 “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person’s failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

Sounds like a personal decision to me.

Acts 26

28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

29 Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”
Doesn't to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity