Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,033,730 times

Advertisements

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Many people just gloss over this verse but it is really important to understand it. It is showing that God, by His Word, is able to separate the pneuma (spirit) from the psuche (soul).

What this means is that God is saying that by His Word, He can take the evil nature of someone and remove it. So for example, if someone is a hater and murderer, He is saying that He can remove that nature of hate from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 11:19 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,938 times
Yes, God can do that. God also says that He will cast some people into hell. SOME people just "gloss over" verses like the following, too. And it's really important to understand it. Some people's eternity's depend on it.

Quote:
“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

“Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Yes, God can do that. God also says that He will cast some people into hell. SOME people just "gloss over" verses like the following, too. And it's really important to understand it. Some people's eternity's depend on it.
Here we go again, condemning people using verses that they themselves don't understand.

If hell is soooo important and soooo dangerous, then WHY didn't the early church preach about it????? It's NOT in the book of Acts, and PAUL didn't write about it.

So WHY??????

Perhaps it's because of something Jesus said a bit earlier: "I have many things to tell you, but you cannot hear them now."

SECONDLY,

WHY do so many Christians DOUBT the POWER of GOD? Do you REALLY think it's anything difficult for the CREATOR of ALL things, including all men, to change their hearts? Do you?? Really??

Peace.
brian

Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
You are so right...many are being deceived by the "new age" teachings of "I'm ok,you're ok and we are ALL going to make heaven" and unfortunately will pay dearly and I believe they will have the blood on their hands of those they help deceive.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:06 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You are so right...many are being deceived by the "new age" teachings of "I'm ok,you're ok and we are ALL going to make heaven" and unfortunately will pay dearly and I believe they will have the blood on their hands of those they help deceive.
^^^ That's not very scriptural, however.

Peace.
brian

Old 08-22-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
^^^ That's not very scriptural, however.

Peace.
brian
Lol.. I've yet to see your scriptural backup for most things you believe..so you and I will have to agree to disagree on a LOT of things...which is fine.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Are you saying that what God said in Hebrews is not correct?

Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Are you saying that what God said in Hebrews is not correct?
I think you should clarify your question...are you speaking of GOD doing this as you live in this world or are you meaning prior to judgment or what?are you talking about after someone has excepted Christ?or is in GOD's will?

It sounds to me as if you are shooting for a twisting of scripture and trying to back universalism..is that the game?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think you should clarify your question...are you speaking of GOD doing this as you live in this world or are you meaning prior to judgment or what?are you talking about after someone has excepted Christ?or is in GOD's will?

It sounds to me as if you are shooting for a twisting of scripture and trying to back universalism..is that the game?
My question was to plain and simple.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
My question was to plain and simple.
No,actually it wasn't....so,are you talking now as you go through this life or after death?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity