Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Adam & Eve, Abraham, and Noad Observe the Sabbath Day
YES, but it was not recorded in scriptures 6 25.00%
NO, there was no command to do so until Moses 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:54 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Then Christians should be inline with Muslims who have no day a rest. A few hours used towards prayer and off to work you go 24/7/365.
Interesting the way they pick and choose what commandments of HaShem are relevant, isn't it?...I mean, for Christians, then, adultery is ok, murder is ok, worshipping another god is ok, stealing is ok, lying about someone is ok...Because, after all, the Ten Commandments were given to the Jews...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 12:01 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Christ's righteousness is greater than Moses'.

(understatement)

Such carnal behavior is simply an absence of the Spirit, Who cleans us from such desires.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Christ's righteousness is greater than Moses'.

(understatement)

Such carnal behavior is simply an absence of the Spirit, Who cleans us from such desires.
Uh-huh...

Old 08-11-2015, 01:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And the people of G-d are the Chosen Ones...
From all nations so not under the old Law.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
That is not what G-d says...Read what G-d says of those Gentiles who join themselves to Him through...What?...

Old 08-12-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
That is not what G-d says...Read what G-d says of those Gentiles who join themselves to Him through...What?...
Israel refused Him, so salvation was made to all - as Jesus said in the parable, "Go out into the highways and byways..."

Old 08-12-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Israel refused Him, so salvation was made to all - as Jesus said in the parable, "Go out into the highways and byways..."
No...Israel did not refuse G-d...Where in the world do you get this from?...

Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
He didn't command us He commanded the Jews.
Keep telling yourself that...

Isaiah 56:

1.So says the Lord, "Keep justice and practice righteousness, for My salvation is near to come, and My benevolence to be revealed."

2.Fortunate is the man who will do this and the person who will hold fast to it, he who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it and guards his hand from doing any evil.

3.Now let not the foreigner who joined the Lord, say, "The Lord will surely separate me from His people," and let not the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."

4.For so says the Lord to the eunuchs who will keep My Sabbaths and will choose what I desire and hold fast to My covenant,

5."I will give them in My house and in My walls a place and a name, better than sons and daughters; an everlasting name I will give him, which will not be discontinued.

6.And the foreigners who join with the Lord to serve Him and to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants, everyone who observes the Sabbath from profaning it and who holds fast to My covenant.

7.I will bring them to My holy mount, and I will cause them to rejoice in My house of prayer, their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon My altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

8.So says the Lord God, Who gathers in the dispersed of Israel, I will yet gather others to him, together with his gathered ones.

9.All the beasts of the field, come to devour all the beasts in the forest.

10.His lookouts are all blind, they do not know, dumb dogs who cannot bark; they lie slumbering, loving to slumber.

11.And the dogs are of greedy disposition, they know not satiety; and they are shepherds who know not to understand; they all turned to their way, each one to his gain, every last one.

12."Come, I will take wine, and let us guzzle old wine, and tomorrow shall be like this, [but] greater [and] much more."

Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
What is the difference between the old law and the new law?...

Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
No...Israel did not refuse G-d...Where in the world do you get this from?...
Um, from the Bible.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.

John 1:11 He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.

Psalm 118:22 The Stone that the builders rejected is become the cornerstone. (repeated several times in the NT)

But John goes on to say in verse 12: But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.

Personally, if I were a Jew, the parable of the wicked tenants would give me the willies. (Mat 21, Mark 12, Luke 20)

Last edited by little elmer; 08-13-2015 at 06:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity