Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:41 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
They just need to get the registration number from the hull and have them look it up
Date the animal poop.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM

668 posts, read 690,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
My talk at a Bible conference in California on the viability of Noah's Ark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZsCtkFw0PA
Give us a transcript. I don't watch videos on my computer and I don't have speakers connected.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
My talk at a Bible conference in California on the viability of Noah's Ark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZsCtkFw0PA

Are you relared to the fellow who owned Nungesser's Jewellry store in Allentown, pa back in tbe 70s?...

Old 01-07-2014, 03:53 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Yes. Also, note when the video was shot. 1994. If it was Noah's Ark, guess what, it would have been bigger news in 20 years!

Do you also believe every living creature fit on that thing? You do know there are millions upon millions of different species? No chance.

Again, grow up, you're an adult!
Science has classified one million different species of animals. With seven of every clean and two of every other kind, it would seem we need space for at least 2,500,000 animals on the ark. …. BUT, the ark was no ‘toy boat!’ It was a gigantic barge with a volume of 1,396,000 cubic feet (assuming one cubit equals 17.5 inches).

The ark had a carrying capacity equal to that of 522 standard stock cars. (1) Regarding the multitude of animals: most of the list of a million are worms, insects, one-cell animals and sea creatures who would have no need to be on the ark. In fact, "there was need for no more than 35,000 individual vertebrate animals on the ark." (2) Chipmunk to elephant, let us assume the average size of an animal on the ark to be a sheep. Currently the railroad can fit 120 sheep on a stock car. Doing some fast figuring, the ark needed only to carry 292 stock cars worth of animals. Plenty of room for Noah, his family and extra hay.

Today God provides room for all men to find salvation at the cross. There is plenty of spare room for those who ‘could’ but, sadly, will not, make it. Are you doing your part to help fill the 'Christ Ark?'

Last edited by jghorton; 01-07-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I haven't watched the entire video yet, but it seems legit to me. Unfortunately, we can't go look for ourselves because of how unstable the Middle East is. However, they did set up a tourist building. The liberal media won't touch this one. See for yourself and I would love to hear what Christians think.

Noah

The video is towards the bottom in the comments section. It's two hours long. It's also an interesting read on what archeologists have found to be the ark on Mt. Ararat in Turkey.

Wow, this is a blast from the past. It's always fun to bring up these oldies but goodies.

Quote:
Abstract

A natural rock structure near Dogubayazit, Turkey, has been misidentified as Noah's Ark. Microscopic studies of a supposed iron bracket show that it is derived from weathered volcanic minerals. Supposed metal-braced walls are natural concentrations of limonite and magnetite in steeply inclined sedimentary layers in the limbs of a doubly plunging syncline. Supposed fossilized gopherwood bark is crinkled metamorphosed peridotite. Fossiliferous limestone, interpreted as cross cutting the syncline, preclude the structure from being Noah's Ark because these supposed "Flood" deposits are younger than the "Ark." Anchor stones at Kazan (Arzap) are derived from local andesite and not from Mesopotamia.
Creation Science 1 of 9

It is fascinating that it is still used as a actual claim of the Ark. Did you just come across this claim?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Science has classified one million different species of animals. With seven of every clean and two of every other kind, it would seem we need space for at least 2,500,000 animals on the ark. …. BUT, the ark was no ‘toy boat!’ It was a gigantic barge with a volume of 1,396,000 cubic feet (assuming one cubit equals 17.5 inches).

The ark had a carrying capacity equal to that of 522 standard stock cars. (1) Regarding the multitude of animals: most of the list of a million are worms, insects, one-cell animals and sea creatures who would have no need to be on the ark. In fact, "there was need for no more than 35,000 individual vertebrate animals on the ark." (2) Chipmunk to elephant, let us assume the average size of an animal on the ark to be a sheep. Currently the railroad can fit 120 sheep on a stock car. Doing some fast figuring, the ark needed only to carry 292 stock cars worth of animals. Plenty of room for Noah, his family and extra hay.

Today God provides room for all men to find salvation at the cross. There is plenty of spare room for those who ‘could’ but, sadly, will not, make it. Are you doing your part to help fill the 'Christ Ark?'
If I had to pay CD to read this sort of thing, I would, cheerfully.

Funny, funny stuff.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Are you relared to the fellow who owned Nungesser's Jewellry store in Allentown, pa back in tbe 70s?...
I don't know if I was relared to him or related to him. There aren't that many Nungessers in the USA so we might be related. Why? Did he leave a lot of money behind for me? In that case, I'm definitely related!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:24 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

People are used to seeing a little toy boat, pointed at both ends with a few "cute" animals hanging out. No wonder they have no idea, beyond what those who believe it could not handle the cargo, want to claim.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
I don't think the Bible says the ark was a rectangle shape.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Good heavens. Is this the NAMI thing? Hasn't that been pretty much shown up to be a fraud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity