Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:35 AM

441 posts, read 392,508 times

Advertisements

Rev. 7:9-17. (Revised Text.) After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, out of every nation, and [of all] tribes, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm-branches in their bands; and they cry with a great voice, saying, The salvation [be ascribed] to our God who sitteth on the throne, and to the Lamb. And all the angels were standing around the throne, and the elders, and the four living ones, and they fell before the throne on their faces and worshipped God, saying, Amen, the blessing, and the glory, and the wisdom, and the thanksgiving, and the honour, and the power, and the might, be to our God unto the ages of the ages. Amen.

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, These that are arrayed in the white robes, who are they? and whence came they? And I said unto him, My lord, thou knowest. And he said (to me), These are they that come out of the tribulation, the great [one]; and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. On this account they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple; and he that sitteth on the throne [Codex Sinaiticus: knows them] shall tabernacle over them. They shall not hunger any more, nor yet thirst any more; neither shall the sunlight on them, no, nor any scorching heat: because the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne is their shepherd, and shall lead them to fountains of waters of life, and God shall wipe away every tear out of their eyes.

Indeed, who are these people?

Last edited by Croref; 02-19-2014 at 04:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Rev. 7:9-17. (Revised Text.) After these things I saw, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, out of every nation, and [of all] tribes, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm-branches in their bands; and they cry with a great voice, saying, The salvation [be ascribed] to our God who sitteth on the throne, and to the Lamb. And all the angels were standing around the throne, and the elders, and the four living ones, and they fell before the throne on their faces and worshipped God, saying, Amen, the blessing, and the glory, and the wisdom, and the thanksgiving, and the honour, and the power, and the might, be to our God unto the ages of the ages. Amen.

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, These that are arrayed in the white robes, who are they? and whence came they? And I said unto him, My lord, thou knowest. And he said (to me), These are they that come out of the tribulation, the great [one]; and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. On this account they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple; and he that sitteth on the throne [Codex Sinaiticus: knows them] shall tabernacle over them. They shall not hunger any more, nor yet thirst any more; neither shall the sunlight on them, no, nor any scorching heat: because the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne is their shepherd, and shall lead them to fountains of waters of life, and God shall wipe away every tear out of their eyes.

Dear ref,
These are those who repented and survived the Tribulation. Who did you think they were?

Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear ref,
These are those who repented and survived the Tribulation. Who did you think they were?
Well, my understanding agrees with you. They can't be the Body of Christ. For sure John would have recognized them as such and not asked the question. And also, if the woman is the church visible and the man child the church invisible, the multi-membered Body of Christ __"caught away", the remnant of her seed not caught away with whom Satan "makes war", satisfies my thinking on the matter.

in this does the parable of the 10 virgins come easily to mind.

Last edited by Croref; 02-19-2014 at 06:02 AM..

Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:

[SIZE=2]
From the Concordant Commentary:
"9 Palm branches were used in celebrating the feast of tabernacles (Lev 23:40). It was a sign that they
had come into the land. Here it is the assurance of entrance into the kingdom. The 144,000 are the first fruits (14:4).
These correspond to the feast of ingathering after the full harvest (Lev 23:39). The fact
that they come out of every nation and all tribes and peoples and languages does not forbid their being
Israelites, for Jews are scattered among all the peoples of the earth. The fact that they keep this feast
is sufficient evidence that they, like the 144,000, are out of the sons of Israel. These are those of the
dispersion who conquer through the blood of the Lambkin (7:14, 12:11) and do not love their souls until
death. They are the martyrs needed to complete those slain before the great affliction (6:11) seen under
the altar under the fifth seal" [/SIZE]

Old 02-19-2014, 06:22 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Its very simple. These are the true believers, those who have lived in faith in the world and died with true faith in God. The great tribulation is the world, where God's people are persecuted, where Satan keeps spitting out lies, temptation and evil in the world, where most of the worlds people live in hate toward one another, the world where false religions and false teaching abound. The world is full of temptation and trouble, much of it with the goal of destroying us and our faith in God. These are the ones who have endured and remained faithful.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Its very simple. These are the true believers, those who have lived in faith in the world and died with true faith in God. The great tribulation is the world, where God's people are persecuted, where Satan keeps spitting out lies, temptation and evil in the world, where most of the worlds people live in hate toward one another, the world where false religions and false teaching abound. The world is full of temptation and trouble, much of it with the goal of destroying us and our faith in God. These are the ones who have endured and remained faithful.
Then, who is the man child in your estimation?

Old 02-19-2014, 07:04 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Amen !

Quote:
Then, who is the man child in your estimation?
The Child is Christ .

Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen !

The Child is Christ .
Given His thirty three years of life on Earth, how do you figger?

Old 02-19-2014, 07:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Given His thirty three years of life on Earth, how do you figger?
Why do you ask who the child is ?
And what does His age have too do with whether the child is Christ or not ?

Old 02-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Why do you ask who the child is ?
And what does His age have too do with whether the child is Christ or not ?
That matter is the man-child is caught away as soon as he is born. That's pretty plain. How come you don't see it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity