Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 12:15 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

People on here were questioning why Jesus said this. If you read Psalm 22, that will give you the answer. Those are the first words and it does not mean something bad, Psalm 22 has a lot of good in it about God rescuing and helping us.

It's the prayer of an innocent person and the last sentence is---

"The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought."

Beautiful isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 04:14 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
He sowed a seed of faith of His soul on to death , and nothing God could do but accept this seed

Old 04-13-2014, 04:16 AM

441 posts, read 392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
People on here were questioning why Jesus said this. If you read Psalm 22, that will give you the answer. Those are the first words and it does not mean something bad, Psalm 22 has a lot of good in it about God rescuing and helping us.

"The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought."

Beautiful isn't it?
If you think about it, that is what temptation is all about. Jesus' first experience was when he was "abandoned" in the wilderness to prove His heart and allegiance to His Father. With His victory came the angels to minister to Him. Likewise, in His victory on the cross came the fulfillment of: "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God" Romans 14:11,12 (KJV)

Old 04-13-2014, 08:27 AM

691 posts, read 641,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
He sowed a seed of faith of His soul on to death, and nothing God could do but accept this seed
Since the scriptures appear to represent that for this reason was he sent, to get crucified then seems to me that he would have said something like "True and Righteous is the Word of the LORD", or "Hey Pops, tell Mom I be home in a few days."

Yet I was always more interested in why Romans soldiers were at his baptism in Jordan, seems that question about the Baptism was raised in Matthew 21:25 Mark 11:30 Luke 20:4

Old 04-13-2014, 11:32 AM

889 posts, read 825,586 times
This is a bit off topic, but I wish they wouldn't hijack the Palm Sunday mass with what really is Good Friday. To solve this issue, the Catholic Church should make Good Friday (service) a holy day of obligation and then Palm Sunday can be a much happier day as it should be. In fact, make Holy Thursday a holy day of obligation, too.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:44 AM

368 posts, read 391,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
This is a bit off topic, but I wish they wouldn't hijack the Palm Sunday mass with what really is Good Friday. To solve this issue, the Catholic Church should make Good Friday (service) a holy day of obligation and then Palm Sunday can be a much happier day as it should be. In fact, make Holy Thursday a holy day of obligation, too.
Actually, we used to hear the Passion read not only on Palm Sunday, but also on the previous Sunday, which used to be called "Passion Sunday". I find it bizarre that any Catholic would find hearing a reading of the Passion at a Mass (which is the unbloody re-presentation of the sacrifice of Calvary) to be a "hijacking"!! Just what do you think is going on at the altar during the consecration, anyway? I will also point out to you that Good Friday is the one day of the year when the Eucharist is not celebrated, which makes it impossible for it to be a holy day of obligation -- that is, a day when all the faithful are obliged to participate in a celebration of the Eucharist.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:53 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Beautiful isn't it?
Of course, but many would rather perceive him as being forsaken by God?
Yet, the Spirit never abandons any of us, nor will we be left to rot in the grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity