Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 05:38 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times

Advertisements

These are about some Football player, at a school in Florida (Currently, he's in trouble for stealing seafood. Before that, he was in trouble for an alleged rape.)
http://i.imgur.com/J8bEBXT.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1972.../ku-medium.jpg

As a Jew, I find these images deeply offensive. I, and most of my coreligionists would shun, permanently, anyone who so blatantly and publicly mocked Christianity. If I were a Christian, I would disown a child who did something so vile as hold up that pink poster. (the two girls holding that poster seem to have had a good bit of work done - rhinoplasty at the minimum - so I'm guessing they're not Christians - not that that makes what they're doing OK)

Does anyone know who is behind those images? Do they (or their families) consider themselves Christians? Are there people out there who don't know that this is sacrilege?

Can anyone at FSU spell 'sacrilege'?

I'd be interested to hear about this, from Christian perspectives.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:47 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
These are about some Football player, at a school in Florida (Currently, he's in trouble for stealing seafood. Before that, he was in trouble for an alleged rape.)

As a Jew, I find these images deeply offensive. I, and most of my coreligionists would shun, permanently, anyone who so blatantly and publicly mocked Christianity. If I were a Christian, I would disown a child who did something so vile as hold up that pink poster. (the two girls holding that poster seem to have had a good bit of work done - rhinoplasty at the minimum - so I'm guessing they're not Christians - not that that makes what they're doing OK)

Does anyone know who is behind those images? Do they (or their families) consider themselves Christians? Are there people out there who don't know that this is sacrilege?

Yea that is the Quarterback for Florida State, he got off on an alleged rape charge, if he had been convicted last season would not have been able to play for the National Championshipo, subsequently he won the Heisman trophy as a freshman.

Yea I would call it sacrilege considering someone is making him out to be a God which is ludicrous, he has pretty poor eyesight and hindsight if he did this present crime.

Last edited by perry335654; 05-03-2014 at 05:59 PM..

Old 05-03-2014, 07:01 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
The posters are dumb.

But to be honest, I'm more disturbed at what you wrote here:

Quote:
(the two girls holding that poster seem to have had a good bit of work done - rhinoplasty at the minimum - so I'm guessing they're not Christians - not that that makes what they're doing OK)

and this too:

"If I were a Christian, I would disown a child who did something so vile as hold up that pink poster."

Come on now. Surely, you would not actually "disown"? do you realize how harsh that actually is... to "disown" a child? Or were you just saying that? Sometimes I don't know if someone is serious or if they are exaggerating.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 05-03-2014 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: clarification.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:48 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Kids

Old 05-03-2014, 09:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Kids
One of my daughters ex-boyfriends had so many piercing's?
I wanted to take him fishing?
He was actually, a nice kid!

Old 05-03-2014, 10:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Did you use him for bait ?.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:16 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:

It's mildly annoying, but I've seen televangelists commit worse blasphemy, and those images are certainly less egregious to the Lord and His image in the world than what the Westboro Baptist Church has been were doing.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:17 PM

334 posts, read 438,558 times
Childish images

Old 05-04-2014, 02:11 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
My husband always forbade piercings for our daughters except for earlobes. He just laid down the law (especially with our 2nd daughter) that she was not going to look like a freak with a load of "hardware" or tattoos. I was glad he dealt with that. So glad they are all grown!

Old 05-04-2014, 02:13 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
I just find it stupid and immature. I was afraid to click on the link thinking it would be something super offensive. I do not feel offended by the posters, but kind of embarrassed for the parents of those kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity