Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:35 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I watch The View and to say she criticized the card is not a fair statement.

I do think its inappropriate for the president to send OFFICIAL christmas cards that have a bible quote on them.

Anyone remember all that about seperation of church and state. You either have that seperation or you don't, you can't demand it when it works for you and then ignore it when you don't.

I don't think it was a politically sensetive thing for him to do.
That simply makes no sense at all.

I bet if Barack or Hillary did this no one would say "boo" about it. They'd be falling all over themselves because they got acknowledged at all by the leader of the free world. Baba Wawa is just pissed b/c she got a card from George W. Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 09:08 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
That simply makes no sense at all.

I bet if Barack or Hillary did this no one would say "boo" about it. They'd be falling all over themselves because they got acknowledged at all by the leader of the free world. Baba Wawa is just pissed b/c she got a card from George W. Bush.
Let me repeat, I watch The View daily and Barbara Walters is no more or less likely to say something against one party or the other. Thats just not a factual statement.

President Bush counts her as a friend and she is often invited to The White house. Why on earth would she be pissed, she has gotten one from the President every year I have watched The View.

Even when someone does something that is generally thought of inappropriate by EVERYONE, she takes a neutral position on it, AS A NEWS PERSON SHOULD. The rest of the panel of course has certain opinions but Barbara is always careful to report what she has seen (unless told in confidence) and let everyone else say how they feel about it.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:46 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
I watch The View and to say she criticized the card is not a fair statement.

I do think its inappropriate for the president to send OFFICIAL christmas cards that have a bible quote on them.

Anyone remember all that about seperation of church and state. You either have that seperation or you don't, you can't demand it when it works for you and then ignore it when you don't.

I don't think it was a politically sensetive thing for him to do.
What separation of Church and State? Nothing in my constitution about it.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Barbara Walters recently criticized a Christmas card she received from the White House this year for featuring a seven-line scripture from the Bible.

http://blews.blogspot.com/2007/12/ba...residents.html
I have never thought of Barbara Walters as bright. I think she only got into the business because of who she knew and not what she knew.

She has said alot of dumb things in the past. You probably could get a dumb quote from her every 10 minutes on television. So, these comments of hers do not supprise me.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-21-2007, 03:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
What separation of Church and State? Nothing in my constitution about it.
No one said anything about it being in the constitution, its the churches that are singing about it ALL the time but only when its to their benefit.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:52 PM

479 posts, read 1,455,952 times
Quote:
If he was sending out christmas cards just as himself and his wife then fine, send out what he wants but when the card comes from the white house and has the presidential seal on it, I feel it should be MORE neutral.

They have every right to send out cards in their own name but not in the name of the country.

Personally if I was sending a card to someone I knew was Jewish (which Barbara Walter is) I would have sent her one that celebrates her religion. But then again, I think I am more sensetive then George is.

Well, maybe the next President will just take her off the card list. I don't even care for GWB, but it was a CHRISTmas card he sent and it is (or used to be anyway) a religious celebration. I think it was inappropriate for her to publicly criticize something given to her. That's just rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity