Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:44 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times

Advertisements

Silly boy. God talks to each of us all the time. Why are you concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Silly boy. God talks to each of us all the time. Why are you concerned?
Sad question, but it reflects what SO many seem to teach. For me the question is not whether God hears and loves, but what my response to that is.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:32 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TySky View Post
Im just going to admit it, and this is the person that I am. I was raised in a religion to be taught peace but pretty much degrade other religions as well as other religons who claim to be Christianity and that was my child hood religion.

Now Ive become enlightened

To be honest I dont consider myself a religious person anymore but Im on team God then religion.

Im not the traditional religious followers of Christianity! I believe in equality for ll people. I have enlightened and educated myself. I guess I am a liberal Christian

So if I had to place myself in the group my belief would consist of Christianity, Buddhism and Wiccan!

If you want to call me a liberal Christian Im fine with that I really like God and believe in him

But How can I be worthy of God and to have him taken me seriously when I pray?
To expand on what augiedogie stated .... God hears the prayers of his children, those who believe His words, trust in His promises and seek to walk in his ways.

So how would you expect God to take you seriously when you admit:
  • I dont consider myself a religious person anymore but Im on team God
but then to say
  • if I had to place myself in the group my belief would consist of Christianity, Buddhism and Wiccan!
this is what Jesus says about such thinking, he says it's one or the other:
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
and no this doesn't just apply to money, for Jesus says:
Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

Buddhism and Wiccan is not with Jesus, they are voices that scatter.
As Jesus had John write his Word to the Church in Sardis about being worthy:
Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent.
If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.
Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.

The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 AM

Like that^

Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Sad question, but it reflects what SO many seem to teach. For me the question is not whether God hears and loves, but what my response to that is.
I take solace in that eventually we humans respond to God's neverending inspiration and move in the right direction, Hence the Reformation, the Enlightenment, the rise of science (which believe it or not , really is a Good Thing), modern medicine, and now the means to do so much more good in the world than has ever been possible before.

What saddens me is how easily we squander what has been made possible for us to accomplish.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM

550 posts, read 516,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
For God to care about you does not require that you be worthy, but that you be human.
Wrong

2 Timothy 2:15

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be
ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

Old 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Wrong

2 Timothy 2:15

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be
ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

"Care" and "approval" are two different things.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:54 PM

33,223 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Im just going to admit it, and this is the person that I am. I was raised in a religion to be taught peace but pretty much degrade other religions as well as other religons who claim to be Christianity and that was my child hood religion.

Now Ive become enlightened

To be honest I dont consider myself a religious person anymore but Im on team God then religion.

Im not the traditional religious followers of Christianity! I believe in equality for ll people. I have enlightened and educated myself. I guess I am a liberal Christian

So if I had to place myself in the group my belief would consist of Christianity, Buddhism and Wiccan!

If you want to call me a liberal Christian Im fine with that I really like God and believe in him

But How can I be worthy of God and to have him taken me seriously when I pray?
Not to be rude, but you have not become enlightened. Both Buddhism and Wiccan are at odds with Christianity. And being involved with Wiccan at least, is idolatry which God does not look favorably upon.

Concerning Buddhism;
Is the Buddhist concept of Zen compatible with the Christian faith?

Concerning Wiccan;
What is Wicca? Is Wicca witchcraft?

What God and Goddess Do Pagans Worship?
Excerpt:
So, how does this apply to your question? Well, someone who is a Wiccan might tell you they honor the Goddess and the God – these may be two nameless deities, or they might be specific ones. A Celtic Pagan may pay tribute to Brighid and Lugh – or to Cernunnos and the Morrigan. They might even worship just one primary deity – or ten. A Roman Pagan might have a shrine to his household gods, the lares, as well as to the gods of the land around him, and one to another deity at his place of business.

You must decide if you are going to worship the One true God of which the Bible speaks, or be involved in idolatry.

You say you believe in God, but do you believe in Jesus Christ who is Himself God? He is the Second Person of the Trinity - One God in three Persons. Do you believe the gospel message that He died for your sins and that He rose again?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:59 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
God only hears the prayers of people repenting and people who have repented and continue to repent , as God is Spirit so people praying through the spirit , and the Holy Spirit knows who is under His authority and those who have faith and expectation .................. If you pray to wicca or the spirits of Buddha then you will not have the ear to the living God through Lord Jesus Christ , pray through wicca you will attract demons spirit of the world which are alien to Jesus Christ ...........If you pray to Buddha , the Holy Spirit of Jesus will not have any power as your prayers will be dry to the Lord Jesus ...............Many people in the church of Lord Jesus has Lord Jesus Christ spirit on their daily lives and if you reject people with Jesus then you reject Lord Jesus , as these are rules which come from the wisdom of Christ

Old 07-11-2014, 05:51 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
How can I be worthy of God and to have him taken me seriously when I pray?
I'm just curious as to why you think you're not worthy of having God take you seriously? What do you think the criteria are for Him to take someone seriously and care about his happiness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity