Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 04:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Is this really typical of the Catholic church?

One visit here and ain't no child going to tell on any priest..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 06:34 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Wow, that is pretty creepy. I saw many Catholic churches when I visited Rome including the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican. They have some pretty impressive stuff. Some of it is beautiful in an artistic sense. And then you have the creepy factor as well. The Catholic Church gives me a sort of "vampire" feel - like I expect Count Dracula to jump out from somewhere.

The strangest funeral I ever attended was a Catholic funeral. I was 13 years old. I'd never seen anything like it before or since. I did not understand what was going on.

I am grateful that I was not born into a Catholic family because I'm sure the indoctrination is probably harder to shake off than Protestantism. Most Catholics I've known still describe themselves as "inactive" or "non-practicing" Catholics ... like they are afraid to say, "I used to be Catholic, but no longer." I have no problem saying I am no longer a member of the Protestant Faith.

Last edited by RainMusic; 11-27-2016 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-27-2016, 06:39 PM

This to be POST-NUCLEAR JESUS ascending to heaven with the dead...WOW...

Old 11-27-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This to be POST-NUCLEAR JESUS ascending to heaven with the dead...WOW...
Are you making that up, or did you read somewhere that that was what it represented. It would be nice when you post photos to have some facts about the photos next to them... when was the photo taken, which pope is it - I can't even tell because he's small and I don't have my glasses on.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:25 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times
I'm Catholic and have no issues with it. That said, I have no idea what that picture is.,I can't make it out. Looks like Jesus with an alligator head on him in a weird tree full of alligator heads..

Old 11-28-2016, 03:01 AM

Just assumed most church folks were aware of this art work..

This phot is current as that is Francis in the middle..

by Zen Gardner

You be the judge..but I don’t think hell could be much different than this depiction. One of the most disgusting images I have ever seen…reeks of evil, not resurrection.
Yet it’s a Papal auditorium backdrop!
Believe it or not it’s supposed to be Jesus rising out of a nuclear bomb crater !!!..bringing the dead with him!! Take that and smoke it!
Someone trying to tell us something?
Here’s where this abomination is:
The Paul VI Audience Hall is a building in Italy mostly in Romebut partially in vatican City but the Italian part of the building is an exterritorial area of theHoly See used by the Pope as an alternative to Saint Peter’s Square for conducting his Wednesday morning General Audience.The building, with a seating capacity of 6,300, was designed in reinforced concrete by the Italian architect Pier Luigi Nervi and completed in 1971.
One of the more arresting features of the hall is the twenty-meter-wide brass and bronze sculpture La Resurrezione (“The Resurrection”)

by Pericle Fazzini.Source

More pix here...

Old 11-28-2016, 03:35 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Strange as Vatican now has throne for lucifer which this picture is called..... ``Vatican%2BREPTILIAN.png``.............were the words of the old prophet Malachy which calls the last pope Peter the Roman , which Pope Frances took the place as He came from the Jesuits order and speaks Italian like the Roman ..................... So it is pretty disappointing if this pope does worship the image of the beast in the Vatican , as it is a grave error to be sure

Old 11-28-2016, 04:49 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times
Not a good look. RCs have some lurid sculptures but this is just weird. Supposed to be Christ rising from a nuke crater in the garden of Gethsemane taking the dead up with him.
BTW, that's Ratzinger, not Francis in those pics. The piece was commissioned by Paul VI in the 60s.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:03 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times

bizarre.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Not a good look. RCs have some lurid sculptures but this is just weird. Supposed to be Christ rising from a nuke crater in the garden of Gethsemane taking the dead up with him.
BTW, that's Ratzinger, not Francis in those pics. The piece was commissioned by Paul VI in the 60s.
I am relieved to know it is Ratzinger and not Francis. They are miles apart from my personal perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity