Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Here is Jesus healing people of their sickness:

Luk 5:15 But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities.

You see Christians get healed of their sickness.
Do you also believe that Cinderella's coach turned into a pumpkin at midnight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 08:41 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
From Paul:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Paul was glad because he knew if he had a sickness or persecution that God would rescue him from it. He didn't need to be anxious about it for he had a savior that would save him from these things.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:47 AM

I know some of you have made statement that I haven't replied back to. If your statement was contentious then I may not have responded back to you. But others I just may have missed your comment.

I think the important message here is that those that are giving up hope because they are sick need not to. They need to realize that they can affix their hope in Christ. They can regain a momentum of life if they realize that God is involved in every part of their Life. God can save us from every sickness, not just sin.

If you minister is teaching you that God can't or wont save you from your cancer then that is in direct conflict with the nature of God.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:51 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
...snip...
If you minister is teaching you that God can't or wont save you from your cancer then that is in direct conflict with the nature of God.
And your "theory" is in conflict with reality. Further, belief in it can, and has, cost people their lives - especially helpless children.

Try to put on your Big Boy pants and deal with life as it is, not as your fantasies would have it be.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care.

Matthew 10:29

"Christians" are not immune in the eyes of God..

Old 11-06-2014, 09:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
I know some of you have made statement that I haven't replied back to. If your statement was contentious then I may not have responded back to you. But others I just may have missed your comment.

I think the important message here is that those that are giving up hope because they are sick need not to. They need to realize that they can affix their hope in Christ. They can regain a momentum of life if they realize that God is involved in every part of their Life. God can save us from every sickness, not just sin.

And if one is saved or cured and another is not? Does god love one more than the other?

When Benny HAHA Hinn strolls through a hospital and heals the sick, I will say that god is active and has his favorites.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:45 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And your "theory" is in conflict with reality. Further, belief in it can, and has, cost people their lives - especially helpless children.
This is a great, and very valid point.

People that are so devout, they rely on faith to heal, yet die? How is God working there?

I'd prefer to put my faith in the science and skills of doctors.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care.

Matthew 10:29

"Christians" are not immune in the eyes of God..
That verse is supporting my point. The sparrows don't fall to the ground without the Father. In other words everyone's sickness and fate is in God's hands. There is no "chance" here. These things are all purposed, forseen, and expected.

This is what so many "Christians" don't understand. Many of them deny that God is implicated in every little detail in their lives.

If someone is sick they are told to call the elders:

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

It doesn't say the sick are supposed to say it is absurd to think that God would save them from their sickness. It says here they are to call the elders - WHY? - obviously because God will heal them.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:14 PM

903 posts, read 583,535 times
Quote:
1.) Do you think God knew in advanced that your friend had cancer?
Yes, the Bible is clear that God is outside of time and all knowing

Quote:
2.) Do you think God can stop your friend from having cancer?
Yes, God can choose to heal and not to heal.

Quote:
3.) Why do you believe God has not stopped your friend from having cancer?
I have no idea, but what I do know: Rom 8:28 (ESV) - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Jesus promised us persecution, pain, etc for being a Christian. It is only in Heaven where those things disappear. Any of the original disciples still alive today? We all die, Christian or not. The question is, who is sitting with us at the judgement table.

Why the fixation with cancer? Sorry if you already answered that. This thread grow quite large.
cd :O)

Old 11-06-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Yes, the Bible is clear that God is outside of time and all knowing

Yes, God can choose to heal and not to heal.

I have no idea, but what I do know: Rom 8:28 (ESV) - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Jesus promised us persecution, pain, etc for being a Christian. It is only in Heaven where those things disappear. Any of the original disciples still alive today? We all die, Christian or not. The question is, who is sitting with us at the judgement table.

Why the fixation with cancer? Sorry if you already answered that. This thread grow quite large.
cd :O)
Yes Jesus said if THEY persecuted Him THEY shall surely persecute you when referring to His followers. But THEY is not the same thing as cancer. I have stated several times I believe a Christian can still get cancer but a True Christian that is in their repentance is not going to DIE from that cancer. I'm willing to reconsider that position but BASED ON WHAT?

I heard many contentious spirits come into this thread and give their 2 cents but my ears is as far as their message goes. God gave me a mind to think with rationally and logically and I need some biblical scriptural support because I got plenty that says that God heals the believer.

I only picked cancer as a sample.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity