Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:06 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,250 times

Advertisements

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Even when you have been blinded by a church's errant teachings or even the world's.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So it would not hurt to go before that throne of grace and trust the Lord Jesus Christ now to intervene on your behalf to have you ready to go to the Marriage Supper before the Bridegroom comes.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:09 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
God gave everyone the key to finding truth--At Jesus baptism, God spoke from heaven and said--- This is my son, the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM--

Learning all of Jesus' truths and applying all of Jesus' truths( not pick and choose) proves ones love for Jesus. It points one to his real teachers as well.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:04 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God.

If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:55 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,980,515 times
Who helped the Ethiopian official of Acts chapter 8 vs 30-35 to find religious truth but the evangelizer Philip.
We find God through prayer [ Luke 11 v 13 B ] and Scripture [ 2nd Timothy 3 vs 16,17] and through the preaching by God's people - Matthew 24 v 14

Old 12-13-2014, 02:44 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,033,758 times
Best to get the baptism of Holy Spirit that Jesus gives to people , but these people need to lean toward humilities and be lead by the Spirit of God , and resist legalism judging others and their doctrines , and stay under the authority of the believer by the blood of Jesus , as there are many deceptive spirits which must be resisted , Also people need to read the bible , then Holy Spirit will remind you of the truths which are there ...... If you reject this you may not even in the program of whole thinking of truth

Old 12-13-2014, 03:20 PM

125 posts, read 103,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Who helped the Ethiopian official of Acts chapter 8 vs 30-35 to find religious truth but the evangelizer Philip.
We find God through prayer [ Luke 11 v 13 B ] and Scripture [ 2nd Timothy 3 vs 16,17] and through the preaching by God's people - Matthew 24 v 14
We find God by faith in Jesus Christ(Rom 10:9-13). We fellowship with God through prayer and scripture.

(Rom 10:17)So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Last edited by WayTruthandLife; 12-13-2014 at 03:29 PM..

Old 12-13-2014, 03:28 PM

125 posts, read 103,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Even when you have been blinded by a church's errant teachings or even the world's.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So it would not hurt to go before that throne of grace and trust the Lord Jesus Christ now to intervene on your behalf to have you ready to go to the Marriage Supper before the Bridegroom comes.
Nice opening post Im reminded through scripture how the Lord offered up a gift to king Solomon. Solomon could have within reason chosen almost anything and the Lord would have granted the request, yet king Solomon chose wisdom.

king Solomon is the wisest man (excl Jesus) to have ever walked the Earth. (Thats no coincidence).

Last edited by WayTruthandLife; 12-13-2014 at 04:27 PM..

Old 12-13-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
For the individual seeker, they can confirm this with the Lord Jesus Christ for any questions that arises concerning the truth of a matter, but the evangelizer and even the apostle does have a place, but the focus is on the Lord Jesus Christ to be able to receive and to understand the answers they seek.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Best to get the baptism of Holy Spirit that Jesus gives to people , but these people need to lean toward humilities and be lead by the Spirit of God , and resist legalism judging others and their doctrines , and stay under the authority of the believer by the blood of Jesus , as there are many deceptive spirits which must be resisted , Also people need to read the bible , then Holy Spirit will remind you of the truths which are there ...... If you reject this you may not even in the program of whole thinking of truth
Any profess believer can trust Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to guide them through the Holy Spirit in them to the truth in His words and even to discern the lies that are turning them away from the truth.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity