Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 03:52 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why December 25? | Catholic Answers

"While these explanations of how December 25 came to be the date of Christmas are all plausible, we know one thing for sure: The evidence that this day held a special significance to Christians predates the proof of a supposed celebration of Sol Invictus or other pagan deities on that day."
Very interesting article. Christmas has nothing to do with Pagan celebrations.
If it has nothing to do with pagan celebrations, then how does the unscriptural word Christmas connect to Christ Jesus ?
How did the apostles of Christ Jesus celebrate Jesus birthday? Since they did Not celebrate birthdays, they didn't.
The book the Lore of Birthdays helps people see how birthday customs are connected to non-biblical peoples.
Biblical Jews linked birthday celebrations with idol worship as a day set apart to honor a human. - Romans 1:25
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Show us a birth certificate.
Jesus died at age 33 1/2 on the Jewish Spring month of Nisan the 14th day.
If Jesus had not died, Jesus would have turned 34 in the Autumn of the year.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:02 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
When Christians first celebrated Christmas they were a forbidden cult in the eyes of their Roman occupiers, where it was illegal for Christians to be even married in those early days , so while the Romans celebrated the Saturn day the Christians celebrated Christmas in hiding and the Romans could not do anything or they were just ignorant of the activities of Christians .......So even to day Christians celebrate the birth of the Saviour on the traditional day , the world celebrated The seasons greetings with Santa in these western nations Not a lot has changed except the persecution against Christian has been less today than in these Ancient Roman days

Old 12-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Awfully elaborate and convoluted way to explain that you really don't know. And, truly, besides the point.
Isn't the point that Jesus himself gave us only one calender date to remember him at Luke 22:19 ?
Jesus said we are to remember the day of his: death. [ Ecclesiastes 7:1 B ]
Since the Jews used a Lunar calender Jesus' date of death [ Nisan 14th ] is connected to when the Spring moon would be full in Jerusalem thus being very close to modern-day Passover memorials, or what is often termed by Christendom today as ' Good Friday '. However, just as an anniversary date does Not always come on a Friday, then the memorial of Jesus' death would also Not be on a Friday each year.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
When Christians first celebrated Christmas they were a forbidden cult in the eyes of their Roman occupiers, where it was illegal for Christians to be even married in those early days , so while the Romans celebrated the Saturn day the Christians celebrated Christmas in hiding and the Romans could not do anything or they were just ignorant of the activities of Christians .......So even to day Christians celebrate the birth of the Saviour on the traditional day , the world celebrated The seasons greetings with Santa in these western nations Not a lot has changed except the persecution against Christian has been less today than in these Ancient Roman days
Since the apostles did Not celebrate Jesus' birthday, then 1st-century Christians would Not have been celebrating.
They believed the ' day of death ' to be more important - Please see Ecclesiastes 7 v 1 B; Luke 22 v 19
Especially when the Jews mixed with the Greeks they began fusing their theories and philosophies with Scripture.
That is why today we see similar overlapping religious customs and traditions in the world's stage.
Jesus warned us against non-biblical traditions or customs - Mark 7 vs 1-7,13; Matthew 15 v 9; Matthew chapter 23

Old 12-12-2014, 04:21 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus died at age 33 1/2 on the Jewish Spring month of Nisan the 14th day.
If Jesus had not died, Jesus would have turned 34 in the Autumn of the year.
We know about his death. That is well-documented. His birth is not, despite what you think.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know as well as any person who practices Messianic Judaism, I could bring people from MJ in here all day long which will tell you the same fact as I am stating.

Jesus had no choice but to be born on the first day of Booths, He is Lord of the Booths and born in a Booth, and he HAD to be circumcised on the day appointed for him to be circumcised.

But I can only speak of what I know and practice just as the rest of the MJs.

We know what we worship and practice the feast days of Christ.

I have an opinion of what I know because I studied the feast days of Christ.

Tell us what takes place on the 8 days of Sukkot.

I can give you an elaborate true depiction on what is said and done on the 8 days of Sukkot, and so I actually have an opinion. but countless of people will come in here and give opinions of what they do not know, and what they do not want to know.

I have a good opinion why Jesus had to die on Nissan 14, and I can show the prayers spoken, the events taking place, the traditions and rituals that all teach of Jesus having to die and it's traditions of burying the afikomen to show his burial and resurrection because everything done from Pesach to Shavuot is teaching Christ's death, resurrection and the giving of the spirit when you practice their traditions and rituals.

I have an opinion on Feast of firstfruits, and of unleavened bread, and Yom Kippur, and Sukkot and Shemini Atzereth because these are the appointed days of Christ to fulfill.

I have an opinion, do you actually know what is done on the appointed days of Christ to have an opinion?

Or will you give me your opinion on how Jesus is the Messiah of Babylon and show me Babylonian feast days and holy days that teach of searching for fertility God's and ordaining tress with precious metals to stand them up so that they will not fall?

Is that the Christi you teach?

A Babylonian Christ, or are you even able to have an opinion on the 7 feast days?

Can you tell us all the prayers spoken on Sukkot?

Can you show us all it's traditions and the comings and goings of the Temple on these days and exactly what the priests are doing that show the birth of Christ?

Have you ever seen the Two bowls, or heard the willows of Sukkot?

What are the 3 processions of priests doing at the water ceremony?

What do all the traditions, rituals and prayers teaching at Sukkot every year?

They teach of Christ birth, but have you ever looked into the Holy feast days of Christ in order to have an opinion?

Or will you say that Christ was born according to the Pagan festivals adopted by gentile Christians to save their life?
The average Christian who celebrates Christmas on December 25th has no NEED to know the beliefs of Messianic Judaism and so would be unable to answer that list of questions. If that religion works for you.... excellent. Go for it.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-12-2014 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-12-2014, 05:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
So you know the truth?
About Christmas, Yes.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:03 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
Quote:
If it has nothing to do with pagan celebrations, then how does the unscriptural word Christmas connect to Christ Jesus ?
How did the apostles of Christ Jesus celebrate Jesus birthday? Since they did Not celebrate birthdays, they didn't.
The book the Lore of Birthdays helps people see how birthday customs are connected to non-biblical peoples.
Biblical Jews linked birthday celebrations with idol worship as a day set apart to honor a human. - Romans 1:25
Sola Scriptura is too limiting. I see nothing wrong with the celebration of birthdays. In particular, the birth of the baby Jesus is celebrated by ALL Christians in the world.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:09 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Plus every birthday celebration in scripture is pagan (Maybe one isn't, maybe) and ALL had a death, one of which was John the Baptizer, Kinda hints at how God feels about them, that all are bad and lead to death.

But hey it is fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity