Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times

Advertisements

Hi Ella, Thank you for letting me know you found something interesting/of value in my ramblings. I love sharing perspectives and I must tell you that I've enjoyed reading your posts (here and on other threads).

peace to you my fellow traveler,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:53 AM

874 posts, read 636,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi Ella, Thank you for letting me know you found something interesting/of value in my ramblings. I love sharing perspectives and I must tell you that I've enjoyed reading your posts (here and on other threads).

peace to you my fellow traveler,
sparrow
Hey Sparrow,

I started us our own thread so we don't irritate the OP or bring the mods down on us. It is called "refining fire and continuous life". I just cut and pasted the other posts, in case we needed them or someone wanted to follow the thread.

I'll answer your post tomorrow as soon as I can get to it.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 452 times
Since time doesn't exist in the heavenly realm, why would it (reincarnation) have to "stop"? God is infinite, His love and mercy are infinite, couldn't His patience also be infinite? God isn't willing that any should be lost. If there are ones who end up being annihilated, then Gods will isn't perfect.
My thoughts are that we are actually in Hell. Now. Weeping, groaning, gnashing of teeth, fear, etc. are here on earth. Gods love FAR supersedes that of a human parent for their children, and what loving parent would throw their child into a fire to burn forever just because they made wrong choices? What loving parent would deny their child their basic needs while they are being disciplined? Even a child being disciplined is allowed some niceties (good things, beautiful things).
The bible speaks of refining silver with fire over and over. Does this speak to reincarnation? I think so. If we are being sent to Hell (earth) over and over, it's only to teach us what we need to know, until we are able to be purified. The sacrifice of Jesus does that. We are *saved* from Hell (further reincarnations) when we accept Him and follow His examples. We stop rebelling against God, and accept Him as the ultimate Authority. We put others before ourselves. Those who reject Him are sent back again and again until they finally learn to love God, and selflessly love others. I also think it's to put us through what we did to others...live by the sword, die by the sword. It would make God a liar if a person who murders someone will get away with it if they are never punished in this life.
Maybe after the thousand year reign, those who still rebel will be sent to another, less pleasant, planet until they learn to bow to the One True God? Get kicked out of the Garden, if you will.

But that's just my thought on the matter

Old 09-20-2017, 05:26 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1275 View Post
Since time doesn't exist in the heavenly realm, why would it (reincarnation) have to "stop"? God is infinite, His love and mercy are infinite, couldn't His patience also be infinite? God isn't willing that any should be lost. If there are ones who end up being annihilated, then Gods will isn't perfect.
My thoughts are that we are actually in Hell. Now. Weeping, groaning, gnashing of teeth, fear, etc. are here on earth. Gods love FAR supersedes that of a human parent for their children, and what loving parent would throw their child into a fire to burn forever just because they made wrong choices? What loving parent would deny their child their basic needs while they are being disciplined? Even a child being disciplined is allowed some niceties (good things, beautiful things).
The bible speaks of refining silver with fire over and over. Does this speak to reincarnation? I think so. If we are being sent to Hell (earth) over and over, it's only to teach us what we need to know, until we are able to be purified. The sacrifice of Jesus does that. We are *saved* from Hell (further reincarnations) when we accept Him and follow His examples. We stop rebelling against God, and accept Him as the ultimate Authority. We put others before ourselves. Those who reject Him are sent back again and again until they finally learn to love God, and selflessly love others. I also think it's to put us through what we did to others...live by the sword, die by the sword. It would make God a liar if a person who murders someone will get away with it if they are never punished in this life.
Maybe after the thousand year reign, those who still rebel will be sent to another, less pleasant, planet until they learn to bow to the One True God? Get kicked out of the Garden, if you will.

But that's just my thought on the matter
I just don't see how the refinement process can happen without reincarnation. Jesus was pretty clear when He said John the Baptist was indeed Elijah returned. I also agree with you about the karma aspect. There are many who indeed lived by the sword but didn't die by it. What of them? Jesus was also very clear every single debt must be paid before one leaves the debtor prison.

Not a subject many christians will discuss, kind of taboo.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:35 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
[quote=Mike555;38441896] when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed-- for our testimony to you was believed. [/indent]
There are many who will never enter into a saving relationship with God and will therefore remain under condemnation and judgment forever in a place the Bible calls the lake of fire. A place of which we don't really know its nature. The word 'fire' is used in speaking of judgment and doesn't necessarily refer to literal fire. Just as the Bible speaks of degrees of reward for believers it also indicates that there will be degrees of punishment for unbelievers (Matt. 11:23-24).[/QUOTE" ]He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day" that is one beautiful statement and why he did all he has done . so that we can receive the glory the Father gave him can be received in us .. that is that saving relationship , with him being glorified "in" us and by Us his family. wow .. just wow. How the Father loves us by sending his Son for us .

Old 09-20-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In other words, "yes, punishment is for vengeance and not for correction as any loving God would do."
…18If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 On the contrary, “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head.”…

you keep telling God what your kind of " a LOVING GOD" will be like...... AND THAT IS NOT EXACTLY WHAT it looks like to Him. we learn from creation that loving has two sides, one is protection and neither is protecting EVIL>> or is it UNLOVING ... that day will come.
I am going to tell you a huge secret.. there is a Lord , who is a man , a son of a king , is is also seeking to retire his ears from listening to every sorry soul and Stop being everything to everyone who ever needs him . I am telling you he will retire to being a king .. and not having to be everything to everyone .. because everyone has been matured and chosen to be there of their own free will they submit .. and they willingly allow his spirit to bring them to all they need to be through their deaths or through their lives . or they are gone. and the souls of the weak and tired ( even him ) can then rest . It is called the Sabbath rest for a reason. 1000 years to finally rest from sins and just the militant trauma and drama of the fallen mind in rebellion to God and his leadership ..

Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
When you believe that perceptions recorded is "scripture" are direct from God you are stuck defending an illogical AND unloving position. Leave yourself open to revelation on this matter.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When you believe that perceptions recorded is "scripture" are direct from God you are stuck defending an illogical AND unloving position. Leave yourself open to revelation on this matter.
and you too, the simple fact that the reason the Father says
" come and sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool" is because The Father wants his son to have a break like 1000 year vacation. because he did all he was asked and brought in to the Father all he was asked to and more.. and that certainly doesn't have to mean everyone. maybe everyone living after the Father gets done making everything the Sons footstool. just stay out of the way and don't get froggy , which nate I am not so hopeful you can pull off...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity