Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 AM

709 posts, read 378,251 times

Advertisements

19. Now there was a certain rich man, and he was clothed in purple and fine linen, faring sumptuously every day: 20. and a certain beggar named Lazarus was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21. and desiring to be fed with the crumbs that fell from the rich man's table; yea, even the dogs come and licked his sores. 22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and that he was carried away by the angels into Abraham's bosom: and the rich man also died, and was buried. 23. And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am in anguish in this flame. 25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things: but now here he is comforted and thou art in anguish. 26. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, that they that would pass from hence to you may not be able, and that none may cross over from thence to us. 27. And he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house; 28. for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29. But Abraham saith, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one go to them from the dead, they will repent. 31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, if one rise from the dead. (Luke 16:19-31)

Remember to show mercy to those who are in weak position today.

I believe that here most of us are in that position of that rich man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 12:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
19. Now there was a certain rich man, and he was clothed in purple and fine linen, faring sumptuously every day: 20. and a certain beggar named Lazarus was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21. and desiring to be fed with the crumbs that fell from the rich man's table; yea, even the dogs come and licked his sores. 22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and that he was carried away by the angels into Abraham's bosom: and the rich man also died, and was buried. 23. And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am in anguish in this flame. 25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things: but now here he is comforted and thou art in anguish. 26. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, that they that would pass from hence to you may not be able, and that none may cross over from thence to us. 27. And he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house; 28. for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29. But Abraham saith, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one go to them from the dead, they will repent. 31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, if one rise from the dead. (Luke 16:19-31)

Really? I have always seen most Christians as being more like Lazarus..

Old 04-02-2015, 01:04 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
The rich man is he who has the word of God but does not share His gift with those who desire it. It is not a story of a physical need but spiritual.

"My food is doing the will of my heavenly Father and bringing His work to completion."

"You should not be seeking food that will perish but food that will last unto eternal life. Food which the son of man will give you for it is upon him that God has put His seal."

Unless you come to believe I am he you will surely die in your sin.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:33 PM

23,176 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post

The rich man and Lazarus are the same person. To say,'' Lazarus,'' is to say,'' The priesthood.''

The rich man chose money instead of choosing the priesthood and so the priesthood was neglected and riddled with sores and illness and the poor dogs{gentiles} were coming up licking the sores of a sick priesthood because they had no other place to go.

A sword was sent down and it had cut the man in half dividing him from soul and spirit because he was appointed the servant of the house to give the children of God meat in due season but he did not comply, and so he will be cut in half and his body buried but the angels will come and collect the son he was appointed to raise.

Luke 16 is showing a marriage that a single person is in.

Luke 16~~~~A man's choice~~~~ YOU have been given a property that belongs to another man in this body of death. But if you are going to take this life and this body to gain riches in order to live luxuriously, then why in the world would you think God is going to give you a very powerful incorruptible body to rule?

We are married to the word of God and we are to use this life and this corruptible worthless body as a test to see if God is going to give us an immortal incorruptible body of power and spirit, but if you prove that you are a worthless servant with this brief life, why would God give you an immortal, powerful body?

You{LOL, not you personally} have proved that you are not trustworthy with the marriage you are in with body, soul, and spirit.

Luke 16
10He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 11If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own? 13No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jesus doesn't just blurt out a random law of Moses like he is a crazy man speaking out of context, he is talking of the marriage that you are in all by yourself just as it is if you are betrothed to Christ and in a marriage with Christ, you are in a marriage inside you.

Luke 16~ Jesus keeps saying the same thing in different ways. If you put away your wife, and you choose money and power over the word of God and trying to be a priest, then you are committing adultery.

So Jesus blurts out this law of Marriage and goes right into speaking of the priesthood and the man who chose not to be a priest.

18Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-02-2015 at 01:46 PM..

Old 04-02-2015, 02:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The rich man and Lazarus are the same person. To say,'' Lazarus,'' is to say,'' The priesthood.''

The rich man chose money instead of choosing the priesthood and so the priesthood was neglected and riddled with sores and illness and the poor dogs{gentiles} were coming up licking the sores of a sick priesthood because they had no other place to go.

A sword was sent down and it had cut the man in half dividing him from soul and spirit because he was appointed the servant of the house to give the children of God meat in due season but he did not comply, and so he will be cut in half and his body buried but the angels will come and collect the son he was appointed to raise.

Luke 16 is showing a marriage that a single person is in.

Luke 16~~~~A man's choice~~~~ YOU have been given a property that belongs to another man in this body of death. But if you are going to take this life and this body to gain riches in order to live luxuriously, then why in the world would you think God is going to give you a very powerful incorruptible body to rule?

We are married to the word of God and we are to use this life and this corruptible worthless body as a test to see if God is going to give us an immortal incorruptible body of power and spirit, but if you prove that you are a worthless servant with this brief life, why would God give you an immortal, powerful body?

You{LOL, not you personally} have proved that you are not trustworthy with the marriage you are in with body, soul, and spirit.

Luke 16
10He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 11If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own? 13No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jesus doesn't just blurt out a random law of Moses like he is a crazy man speaking out of context, he is talking of the marriage that you are in all by yourself just as it is if you are betrothed to Christ and in a marriage with Christ, you are in a marriage inside you.

Luke 16~ Jesus keeps saying the same thing in different ways. If you put away your wife, and you choose money and power over the word of God and trying to be a priest, then you are committing adultery.

So Jesus blurts out this law of Marriage and goes right into speaking of the priesthood and the man who chose not to be a priest.

18Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Actaully the Rich Man represented the Priests and other teachers who withheld the knowledge from the people and Lazarus was the people who were only fed scraps by such priests. Which is of course why Jesus was so upset with the priests.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actaully the Rich Man represented the Priests and other teachers who withheld the knowledge from the people and Lazarus was the people who were only fed scraps by such priests. Which is of course why Jesus was so upset with the priests.

Lazarus is the name of the priesthood.

When Jesus resurrected Lazarus, it could be no other name because it is very specific to the priesthood and what it relays is that the priesthood was revived when Jesus revived Lazarus{after 4000 years}, and Lazarus in the rich man story IS THE PRIESTHOOD.

That name is not used lightly, it means what it means.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
Quote:

When Jesus resurrected Lazarus, it could be no other name because it is very specific to the priesthood and what it relays is that the priesthood was revived when Jesus revived Lazarus{after 4000 years}, and Lazarus in the rich man story IS THE PRIESTHOOD.

If that name was not used lightly then why did Lazarus have it when he was not a priest.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 AM

709 posts, read 378,251 times
Most of us have the good part here in this world, and there are lots of peoples's who do not have the same opportunity, like us.

But if we close our eye's from those people's today. aren't we like the rich man of that writing?

Let us remember to do selfless good. It is important that we give words of truth, but also it is important, like our dear John writes, "Do not love only by the words, but by the act's also.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:27 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:

Really? Scripture that suports this, not just an assumption to support a belief?

The name in Hebrew would be Eleazar and while several Levites were so named, so were men from other tribes, so no uniqueness to it as to the priesthood and it is NEVER used that way in scripture.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Really? Scripture that suports this, not just an assumption to support a belief?

The name in Hebrew would be Eleazar and while several Levites were so named, so were men from other tribes, so no uniqueness to it as to the priesthood and it is NEVER used that way in scripture.

Latinized form of Λαζαρος (Lazaros), a Greek form of ELEAZAR used in the New Testament. Lazarus was a man from Bethany, the brother of Mary and Martha, who was restored to life by Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity