Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 02:50 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,042,044 times

Advertisements

Real simple. All these questions require is just a yes or no. Feel free to discuss.

Do you believe Christ is the son of God?
Do you believe he came to this earth God in the flesh?
Do you believe Christ died for our sins?
Do you believe Christ resurrected on the 3rd day?
Do you believe Christ performed miracles including healing the sick, walking on water, and turning water to wine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 02:57 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,179,173 times
Jesus is the SON of God ~ God's "GIFT" to mankind.

Jesus came in the flesh.

Jesus died for all Sin ~ and if you "REPENT" ~ you will be forgiven.

Jesus did rise on the 3rd day.

Jesus did preform miracles.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,329,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Real simple. All these questions require is just a yes or no. Feel free to discuss.

Do you believe Christ is the son of God?
Do you believe he came to this earth God in the flesh?
Do you believe Christ died for our sins?
Do you believe Christ resurrected on the 3rd day?
Do you believe Christ performed miracles including healing the sick, walking on water, and turning water to wine?
No.
Nope.
No.
Nuh-uh.
No.

I believe he may have taught some good lessons, though.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:44 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,356,388 times
Jesus demonstrated LOVE, MERCY, and JUSTICE--aka GOD INCARNATE....via ACTION...

Within christianity there are TWO lessons to believe in--

LOVE GOD with all your essence

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR in the same manner.

It wasn't the NAILS that held Christ to the cross that day, it was LOVE...

Old 06-15-2015, 04:01 PM

45,904 posts, read 27,553,766 times
Yes to all.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:12 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,142,803 times
Christ means, "anointed one" and is not Jesus' last name.
The first Christians (Gnostics) seemed to believe in Christ as a spirit, not a body.
My guess is that their ideas merged with other sects ideas, and ultimately, the focus became the idol of Jesus.
Jesus did not asked to be worshipped, in fact, he warned against it.
Moses was inspired with many great laws (which is why he's honored in the US Capital) - and the first one is "thou shalt have no other gods."
This is so foundational - so important because the temptation is to seek God/love in all of the wrong places.

If you ask if I think Jesus is the son of God, I'd say, yes, as we all are children of God.
I believe there was someone (often misrepresented) named Jesus who was a great teacher and person.
I do not believe that Jesus died for our sins, and I consider that a form of disrespect toward God in believing he did. Why would God command "thou shalt not kill" then command Jesus to be killed as a human sacrifice scapegoat? If God created us imperfectly perfect works in progress, why would he demand us to be different than how we were created? Sin is basically incorrect thought and consequent e-motion and action, which causes us &/or others pain. We are punished by (the consequences), not for our sins. God (who is LOVE) would not kick us when we're already down.

I don't believe Jesus resurrected the 3rd day, though that story brings a lot of hope to many.
We're too attached to these bodies - we consider them us & many want to get their bodies back renewed through Jesus's resurrection, yet reincarnation is more probable (consciousness is energy & energy never zaps out of existence but changes form).
The "2nd coming/last days" is Heaven's Reward logical fallacy & is against what Jesus taught (that makes sense, not his twisted words)... When asked WHEN will the kingdom of God come, he said, "The kingdom (realm/experience) of God cometh not with observation, Neither shall they say, lo here or lo there, for behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17

I'd like to believe that Jesus and many others did, do & will do many healings and miraculous things.
I've experienced some miracles, and others have explained of their experiences.
There is enormous potential within us as human beings if we tap into the intellectual, spiritual and emotional energy that is within us.
The field of energetic healing may have some "quacks" but there is truth (real influence) - in Acupuncture/meridians/circadian clock etc., and the placebo effect (the power of belief!).

Old 06-15-2015, 04:34 PM

9,706 posts, read 10,091,718 times
Yes Jesus is the Son of God and sovereign King and believers who are one with Jesus are King Jesus kids and sovereign before the Lord .......Yes Jesus came to the earth as a man and He is the incarnation of God..........Yes God witnessed that Jesus poured out His soul unto death , and took the sin of all who ask and by this God gave Jesus His creation of power .....Yes Jesus did resurrected from the dead on the 3rd day and when Jesus brought to my life His Holy Spirit was My witness of the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ and God proved here ....... Yes Jesus had many miracles during His walk in the earth , and now still brings many miracles through His Children yesterday and today .........Christianity is also spiritual authority as the grace which God brings His life

Old 06-15-2015, 05:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,546,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes to all.
Yes x's two.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:25 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,042,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus demonstrated LOVE, MERCY, and JUSTICE--aka GOD INCARNATE....via ACTION...

Within christianity there are TWO lessons to believe in--

LOVE GOD with all your essence

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR in the same manner.

It wasn't the NAILS that held Christ to the cross that day, it was LOVE...
So your answer is no to all?

Okay, thank you for answering the questions.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:14 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,761,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
So your answer is no to all?

Okay, thank you for answering the questions.
Z-Man answered the only questions that matter to Jesus.

Your posturing of questions is for personal justification regarding your beliefs. Not one of them is valuable to helping your fellow man TODAY. It simply highlights your single brand of 30,000 different varieties of Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity