Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Correction - Sin won. Big score for team Satan.
And do not give the devil a foothold. Eph 4;27 That is one mighty foothold you are giving there., Where sin(MISSING THE MARK) abounds Grace abounds MUCH MORE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Comfort yourself with the knowledge you live in the great state of Texas -- where men are men, Christians are Christians and sheep are looking nervously over their shoulders.
Self comfort is not allowed. He will go blind or something.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:23 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Self comfort is not allowed. He will go blind or something.
SHYME upon ye!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:30 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Comfort yourself with the knowledge you live in the great state of Texas -- where men are men, Christians are Christians and sheep are looking nervously over their shoulders.
Well at least you didn't mention steers.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:45 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I wonder when they are going to start allowing a man to marry a female sheep.
Why, ewe got your eye on one?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:59 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I support the LGBT community, including same-sex marriage, because I watched fundamentalists desert their children during the AIDS crisis in the 80's. I saw the dark heart of fundamentalism. Watching fundamentalists disown their sons on their death beds was my own, personal wake-up call from God.

After that I knew the gay community was the object of religion-based scorn and hate. And I made a silent promise to the men I knew who died without their mothers holding their hands that I was going to stand against scorn and hate.... and for equality and love for ALL people. Not just the people the fundies approve of.
Ditto. Also, we do not desire to force people to follow our belief in Christ. While we are mortal, we live in a society where church and state must remain separate in order to keep our founding fathers ideals and the spirit of the Declaration of Independence to be true, that ALL are CREATED EQUAL and all deserve FREEDOM from tyranny. All deserve CIVIL RIGHTS and equal protection under the law. We do not live in a theocracy, nor do we desire one while in these mortal bodies, lest we wind up taking up arms against our brothers, be they Islamic, Atheist, Hindu, or even Fundamentalist Christian. Jesus never said to live that way. We should seek peace with all people and unless someone is violating your liberty, or there are acts upon un-consenting parties, sex is a private and personal decision that each person ought to be allowed to make for him or herself. I do not follow the bible - I follow Jesus Christ. Those who follow Christ do not make themselves busy bodies and peep into people's bedrooms. The Christian Right needs to repent and leave people alone.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Supporting equality among humans is simply the right thing to do.

Moral people understand that.
Of course! How is the allowance for marriage equality hurting any of the right wing extremists? Why do they want to force everyone to see God and the bible just like they do? I'm so tired of that. I wish they would go into seclusion and shut up or find something productive to do with their time. Sheesh!

Old 07-02-2015, 08:10 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Ditto. Also, we do not desire to force people to follow our belief in Christ. While we are mortal, we live in a society where church and state must remain separate in order to keep our founding fathers ideals and the spirit of the Declaration of Independence to be true, that ALL are CREATED EQUAL and all deserve FREEDOM from tyranny. All deserve CIVIL RIGHTS and equal protection under the law. We do not live in a theocracy, nor do we desire one while in these mortal bodies, lest we wind up taking up arms against our brothers, be they Islamic, Atheist, Hindu, or even Fundamentalist Christian. Jesus never said to live that way. We should seek peace with all people and unless someone is violating your liberty, or there are acts upon un-consenting parties, sex is a private and personal decision that each person ought to be allowed to make for him or herself.
I agree with you and am proud to say this is the stance my Southern Baptist church has taken. The problem I have with the recent Supremes decision is that we redefined a fundamental institution. Just like that...poof! That's a big pill to swallow, and I believe God is not pleased with this decision.

Quote:
I do not follow the bible - I follow Jesus Christ. Those who follow Christ do not make themselves busy bodies and peep into people's bedrooms. The Christian Right needs to repent and leave people alone.

How did you find out about Christ? How do you know what He said, without the Bible?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I agree with you and am proud to say this is the stance my Southern Baptist church has taken. The problem I have with the recent Supremes decision is that we redefined a fundamental institution. Just like that...poof! That's a big pill to swallow, and I believe God is not pleased with this decision.

How did you find out about Christ? How do you know what He said, without the Bible?
God planted Christ in me. He is the light that "lighteth" every man who comes into the world - even those who never have access to a bible.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:23 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
God planted Christ in me. He is the light that "lighteth" every man who comes into the world - even those who never have access to a bible.
So, when you quote Christ or speak of Him, does it come from a direct revelation or the Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity