Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back."
The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan's offer. One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?", asks the Irishman.
The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back. The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.
The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"
The Irishman replies, "Oh...I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 06:00 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Atheism Subforum has a joke thread... Why not here?
Because I for one have no sense of humor whatsoever. It was surgically removed when I was a baby.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:10 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back."
The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan's offer. One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?", asks the Irishman.
The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back. The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.
The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"
The Irishman replies, "Oh...I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first"
Why did God create alcohol?

So the Irish would not take over the world.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:16 PM

Little Johnny was walking down the street with a box of new born kittens saying...

Catholic kittens for sale, catholic kittens for sale.

A catholic priest saw him and thought Johnny was being cute.

Two weeks later the same catholic priest saw Johnny walking down the street with the same box of kittens saying...

Pentecostal kittens for sale, Pentecostal kittens for sale.

The catholic priest stop Johnny and said, Johnny two weeks ago I saw you trying to sell those kittens saying catholic kittens for sale, catholic kitten for sale, why is it today you say the same kittens are Pentecostal kittens?

Johnny replies because today their eye were open.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Jesus, Moses and an old man are playing golf. Moses steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap. Moses parts the water and chips onto the green.
Jesus steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the water trap but still lands in the water. Jesus just walks on the water and chips the ball onto the green.
The old man steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and heads for the water trap. But just before it lands in the water a fish jumps out of the water and catches the ball in his mouth, then an eagle swoops down and grabs the fish in its claws, then the eagle flies over the green and is hit by a sudden bolt lightning and the eagle drops the fish.
When the fish hits the ground, the ball pops out of his mouth and rolls in for a hole in one.
Jesus then turns to the old man and says, "Dad, if you don't stop fooling around we won't bring you next time!"

Old 07-10-2015, 07:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Top Ten Reasons That Beer Is Better Than Jesus:-
a) No one will kill you for not drinking beer.
b) Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
c) They don't force beer on minors who cannot think for themselves.
d) Beer has never caused a major war.
e) When you have a beer you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
f) Nobody has ever been burned at the stake, hanged or tortured over a beer.
g) You don't have to wait 2000 years for a second beer.
h) There are laws saying beer labels cannot lie to you.
I) You can prove you have a beer.
j) If you are devoted to beer then there are groups who can help you stop.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:14 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I've heard this one with "catholics" replaced with just about every other religion. It's a very versatile joke.
I read this one in Playboy Magazine in the 70's. The besty jokes have legs, as it were, and each new generation seems to appreciate it. I was Catholic at the time.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:10 PM

Late one night, a burglar broke into a house he thought was empty. He tiptoed through the living room but suddenly he froze in his tracks when he heard a loud voice say: "Jesus is watching you!"

Silence returned to the house, so the burglar crept forward again. "Jesus is watching you," the voice boomed again. The burglar stopped dead again. He was frightened. Frantically, he looked all around. In a dark corner, he spotted a bird cage and in the cage was a parrot. He asked the parrot:

"Was that you who said Jesus is watching me?" "Yes," said the parrot. The burglar breathed a sigh of relief and asked the parrot: "What's your name?" "Moses," said the bird.

"That's a dumb name for a parrot," sneered the burglar. "What idiot named you Moses?" The parrot said, "The same idiot who named the Rottweiler Jesus."

Old 07-10-2015, 10:22 PM

A Catholic boy and a Jewish boy were talking and the Catholic boy said, "My priest knows more than your rabbi." The Jewish boy said, "Of course he does, you tell him everything."

Old 07-11-2015, 05:50 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,814 times
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if in the writs of Christendom their are any humanly recognizable references to G()D displaying humor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity