Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 11:41 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

I can think of a number posters on here should take a look at this list as from the outside it certainly looks like it may apply to them.

Is your church free from cultic tendencies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 04:28 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
I think the Christians who believe in the 'you must be 'saved', or else' dogma, are in a very unpleasant cult.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
I think the Christians who believe in the 'you must be 'saved', or else' dogma, are in a very unpleasant cult.
Those who insist you must be saved "LIKE THIS" are even more unpleasant..

Old 10-18-2015, 04:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I can think of a number posters on here should take a look at this list as from the outside it certainly looks like it may apply to them.

" Such churches foster rigidity, discourage or forbid questioning, and make leaving painful. [See the online book,"
I have got to say that, on the basis of what I have read or watched (and that may not be representative, of course) that seems to apply to all Religious America.

"Yet an objective look at churches engaged in spiritual abuse reveals that unreasonable demands, inappropriate behavior, and increasingly strict policies are usually based on unsound doctrine, and/or on so-called 'private words from God.'"

I'm still seeing all Religious America.

"It doesn't help that many Christians do not have enough spiritual discernment to recognize unbiblical teachings and practices."

I'm still seeing it.

"In addition, many church members wrongly believe that they should not 'touch God's anointed' -- that it is not their place to question or judge the teachings and actions of their leaders. Countless false teaches have taught this in attempts to escape being held accountable for their words and deeds."

Still seeing it.

P.s I looked carefully to see whether the site was a "all those other churches are cults - we are the only True Church" site, but it seems the work of one person concerned with the harm done by all abusive religious cults.

Reading on, the actual checklist did remind me of some posts where Churches did not fall into the 'Cult' category. So maybe it isn't all Religious America.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-18-2015 at 05:05 AM..

Old 10-18-2015, 05:02 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
That's actually a pretty good list. A couple of questions should not be included. In the end, God, through the Holy Spirit, should be guiding a person to a certain group of believers.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:09 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's actually a pretty good list. A couple of questions should not be included. In the end, God, through the Holy Spirit, should be guiding a person to a certain group of believers.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Old 10-18-2015, 05:13 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Being proud of their church can lead to arrogance and control where leaders can invite the wrong spirit not of God into the church , then there is leader who preach indifference against other churches to the people week and week corrupting the people .................. or then leader ignore the Word of God and make up ideas for rules and moral that will attract demon spirit to take over , and God will allow it if the ministry is weak in Prayer ............... See the church belong to Jesus , so when you take Jesus out and ignore the lead in the spirit and never repent and turn back to the ways of Christ and His morals , then Jesus will sit back and allow the tolerances of the people to rule ............. but Jesus could try to spoon feed them back to His way which is never a cult and could take weeks or years

Old 10-18-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Interesting...you think God does that because they are the Only true Church or because God thinks it is the right one for Them? Think before you answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Possibly.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Being proud of their church can lead to arrogance and control where leaders can invite the wrong spirit not of God into the church , then there is leader who preach indifference against other churches to the people week and week corrupting the people .................. or then leader ignore the Word of God and make up ideas for rules and moral that will attract demon spirit to take over , and God will allow it if the ministry is weak in Prayer ............... See the church belong to Jesus , so when you take Jesus out and ignore the lead in the spirit and never repent and turn back to the ways of Christ and His morals , then Jesus will sit back and allow the tolerances of the people to rule ............. but Jesus could try to spoon feed them back to His way which is never a cult and could take weeks or years
Sorry...that was quite a good argument until you got to the reasons why JesusGod does nothing to bring them back to the right way they so recently left.

In my view, there is only one reason why nobody guides them back to the path approved by God.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:36 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

I did a check list on brain washing once. I found out I am brain washing my kids to be nice, share, and help out when you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity