Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 08:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
The Laws of Moses.

I do not know Hebrew or Greek well enough to read them alone. I utilize various english translations, though I will look up meanings to individual words when seeking more clarity on certain things. It is of limited use but has still been helpful.
Ok...What edition of the TaNaKh do you study?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 08:13 PM

335 posts, read 219,877 times
Also it means that I only observe those things specifically commanded in the Torah. While much insight can be gained by the Rabbinic literature, I only desire to be obedient to the Lord.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok...What edition of the TaNaKh do you study?...
Something translated from the Masoretic. Do you have a preference? Maybe you can teach me something

Old 10-20-2015, 08:25 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Satan does not exist...
Dear Richard,
The "serpent", as in the serpent that was in the Garden of Eden might be a better moniker for you than devil/Satan/dragon. (Rev 20:2) Or possibly what ever name was given to the "son of God" who presented himself before the lord, and who said Job would "curse thee to they face" if Job's bone and flesh were touched. (Job 2) Or possibly the name given to the "watchers" who took "daughters of men" (Gen 6:1-4).

“When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the divine beings saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and took wives from among those that pleased them. The LORD said, ‘My breath shall not abide in man forever, since he too is flesh; let the days allowed him be one hundred and twenty years.’ It was then, and later too, that the Nephilim appeared on earth – when the divine beings cohabited with the daughters of men, who bore them offspring. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown.” – Genesis 6:1-4

Old 10-21-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Richard,
The "serpent", as in the serpent that was in the Garden of Eden might be a better moniker for you than devil/Satan/dragon. (Rev 20:2) Or possibly what ever name was given to the "son of God" who presented himself before the lord, and who said Job would "curse thee to they face" if Job's bone and flesh were touched. (Job 2) Or possibly the name given to the "watchers" who took "daughters of men" (Gen 6:1-4).

“When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the divine beings saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and took wives from among those that pleased them. The LORD said, ‘My breath shall not abide in man forever, since he too is flesh; let the days allowed him be one hundred and twenty years.’ It was then, and later too, that the Nephilim appeared on earth – when the divine beings cohabited with the daughters of men, who bore them offspring. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown.” – Genesis 6:1-4
Satan works for G-d...He is not opposed to G-d...

Satan was not in Gan Eden, it was a beast of the field that beguiled Eve...

Old 10-21-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Something translated from the Masoretic. Do you have a preference?
Get a Stone Edition of the TaNaKh...It has the English the Hebrew and Rashi Commentary with many explanations of the Hebrew words and how they are used...

Quote:
Maybe you can teach me something
That smacks of sarcasm...

Old 10-21-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Also it means that I only observe those things specifically commanded in the Torah. While much insight can be gained by the Rabbinic literature, I only desire to be obedient to the Lord.
You are still dodging the question...What Mitzvot do you fulfill from the Torah?...And do you know what Torah means?...

Old 10-21-2015, 05:55 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Satan works for G-d...He is not opposed to G-d...

Satan was not in Gan Eden, it was a beast of the field that beguiled Eve...
Dear Richard,
"Beast of the field" or serpent. 6 or a half a dozen. Different names, same characters. This "beast of the field" existed in Adams time and he exist today. Satan may work in behalf of God in organizing the beasts of Daniel in chastising Judah, and ultimately Ephraim and the house of Judah, but this "beast of the field"/beast, has his strings pulled by a son of God, named Satan. The ultimate "beast of the field"/beast, whose authority comes from Satan, represented by the statue shown to Nebuchadnezzar, will be crushed with a "stone cut without hands" (Daniel 2). Then a different kingdom will be set up which "will never be destroyed". (Dan 2) Satan's kingdoms will be destroyed.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You are still dodging the question...What Mitzvot do you fulfill from the Torah?...And do you know what Torah means?...
Obviously nothing which pertains to the priesthood or sacrificial system, nothing commanded regarding the actual land of Israel such as not selling land in perpetuity. Nothing pertaining to the judicial system, although the intent of these commands still have relevance and give us insight. Mainly anything which is applicable to me as an individual as I continue to learn and practice what I learn. It is the Lord's instructions.

It is what Yeshua and the apostles taught including Paul. The Holy Spirit is given to lead us into all truth regarding the Lord's instructions, will and ways, writing them on their hearts.

I wasn't really being sarcastic, I would enjoy hearing your opinion on the various manuscripts and translations. I am unknowledgeable in that area

Old 10-21-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Richard,
"Beast of the field" or serpent. 6 or a half a dozen. Different names, same characters. This "beast of the field" existed in Adams time and he exist today. Satan may work in behalf of God in organizing the beasts of Daniel in chastising Judah, and ultimately Ephraim and the house of Judah, but this "beast of the field"/beast, has his strings pulled by a son of God, named Satan. The ultimate "beast of the field"/beast, whose authority comes from Satan, represented by the statue shown to Nebuchadnezzar, will be crushed with a "stone cut without hands" (Daniel 2). Then a different kingdom will be set up which "will never be destroyed". (Dan 2) Satan's kingdoms will be destroyed.
No...You are totally misunderstanding this...Satan has no kingdoms...Even in Job he is doing what G-d has told him to do...

And no, Satan did not possess the beast of the field...

This was the cleverest beast of the field out of all the beasts that G-d had created...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity