Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Deu 28:15 "But if you will not obey the voice of the LORD your God or be careful to do all his commandments and his statutes that I command you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
Deu 28:16 Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
Deu 28:17 Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
Deu 28:18 Cursed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock.
Deu 28:19 Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
Deu 28:20 "The LORD will send on you curses, confusion, and frustration in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken me.
Deu 28:21 The LORD will make the pestilence stick to you until he has consumed you off the land that you are entering to take possession of it.
Deu 28:22 The LORD will strike you with wasting disease and with fever, inflammation and fiery heat, and with drought and with blight and with mildew. They shall pursue you until you perish.
Deu 28:23 And the heavens over your head shall be bronze, and the earth under you shall be iron.
Deu 28:24 The LORD will make the rain of your land powder. From heaven dust shall come down on you until you are destroyed.
Deu 28:25 "The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You shall go out one way against them and flee seven ways before them. And you shall be a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.
Deu 28:26 And your dead body shall be food for all birds of the air and for the beasts of the earth, and there shall be no one to frighten them away.
Deu 28:27 The LORD will strike you with the boils of Egypt, and with tumors and scabs and itch, of which you cannot be healed.
Deu 28:28 The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of mind,
Deu 28:29 and you shall grope at noonday, as the blind grope in darkness, and you shall not prosper in your ways. And you shall be only oppressed and robbed continually, and there shall be no one to help you.

This continues to verse 68...........and it doesn't get any better
It not only gets better, it gets SO MUCH BETTER--

GO AND SIN NO MORE----

This day you will be with me in paradise----

I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS----

GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD----

Not only that, but the OLD TESTAMENT is total CRAP and 99% of it APPLIES ONLY to ISRAEL and NO ONE ELSE...

STOP THE FEAR

LIVE WITH LOVE

LIFE IS BETTER

WHEN WE LOVE

Best to start practicing LOVE now, since that is ALL we will be doing later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 10:16 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It not only gets better, it gets SO MUCH BETTER-
GO AND SIN NO MORE----
This day you will be with me in paradise----
I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS----
GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD----
Not only that, but the OLD TESTAMENT is total CRAP and 99% of it APPLIES ONLY to ISRAEL and NO ONE ELSE...
STOP THE FEAR
LIVE WITH LOVE
LIFE IS BETTER
WHEN WE LOVE
Best to start practicing LOVE now, since that is ALL we will be doing later...

Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus never said anything of the sought, and his Father said we should listen to what he's got to say.... not what Deuteronomy says.... Come unto me all of you who are suffering under the law and will give you rest for your soul..... for MY yoke is easy and MY burden is Light.
"Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light."

"The man who comes to me and hears my words puts them to use."

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

"The man who loves me keeps my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him."

"The man who does not keep my word does not love me."

I know Him and I keep His word.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:34 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
No, you just parrot a version of His words in whatever source you consider authoritative. Memorizing and parroting His words accomplishes nothing.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:50 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Deu 28:15 "But if you will not obey the voice of the LORD your God or be careful to do all his commandments and his statutes that I command you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
Deu 28:16 Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
Deu 28:17 Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
Deu 28:18 Cursed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock.
Deu 28:19 Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
Deu 28:20 "The LORD will send on you curses, confusion, and frustration in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken me.
Deu 28:21 The LORD will make the pestilence stick to you until he has consumed you off the land that you are entering to take possession of it.
Deu 28:22 The LORD will strike you with wasting disease and with fever, inflammation and fiery heat, and with drought and with blight and with mildew. They shall pursue you until you perish.
Deu 28:23 And the heavens over your head shall be bronze, and the earth under you shall be iron.
Deu 28:24 The LORD will make the rain of your land powder. From heaven dust shall come down on you until you are destroyed.
Deu 28:25 "The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You shall go out one way against them and flee seven ways before them. And you shall be a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth.
Deu 28:26 And your dead body shall be food for all birds of the air and for the beasts of the earth, and there shall be no one to frighten them away.
Deu 28:27 The LORD will strike you with the boils of Egypt, and with tumors and scabs and itch, of which you cannot be healed.
Deu 28:28 The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of mind,
Deu 28:29 and you shall grope at noonday, as the blind grope in darkness, and you shall not prosper in your ways. And you shall be only oppressed and robbed continually, and there shall be no one to help you.

This continues to verse 68...........and it doesn't get any better
The author of Deuteronomy, whoever that was, said all of those things. Meanwhile, God remains typically mum.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:49 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light."

"The man who comes to me and hears my words puts them to use."

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

"The man who loves me keeps my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him."

"The man who does not keep my word does not love me."

First, be not like the Pharisees who pray in public, for they have their rewards from men..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, you just parrot a version of His words in whatever source you consider authoritative. Memorizing and parroting His words accomplishes nothing.

His word is LOVE

His commandments are LOVE GOD and LOVE NEIGHBOR

Seems to me that LOVE is the sum of the law...

Old 10-28-2015, 03:35 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Christians are forever washing God's hands of any responsibility for things that go awry. That's why "free will" was invented--to reinforce the idea that if God fails to save it isn't his fault because we "chose" to follow the nature he instilled in us. Just a variation on the "God doesn't send you to hell--you send yourself to hell" nonsense.

Why is it God's fault, uh ? He gave us a mind to make choices, we are not made as robots. One should never worry about hell when we are seeking the Lord.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus never said anything of the sought, and his Father said we should listen to what he's got to say.... not what Deuteronomy says.... Come unto me all of you who are suffering under the law and will give you rest for your soul..... for MY yoke is easy and MY burden is Light.
That's not what it says...

Old 10-28-2015, 07:18 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That's not what it says...
The gospel according to pcamps.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:19 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The author of Deuteronomy, whoever that was, said all of those things. Meanwhile, God remains typically mum.
How do you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity