Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 08:19 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the point is that as a parent we protect our children from harm, and from harmful influences. that includes teaching our children to follow the law. most parents would not want their vulnerable children around those who encourage and condone and tell them to break the law, or to engage in dangerous harmful activities.
Are the children nice? Are they out of control? Are they bad students? Are they respectful?

I have looked for these qualities in my children's friends, the Jewish, the Muslim, the Catholic, the... you name it. I have never quizzed them on their parents behavior, or beliefs, nor was I concerned. I have never considered children harmful, and I would not compare them to shoplifters and liars, and law breakers.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:26 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Are the children nice? Are they out of control? Are they bad students? Are they respectful? I have looked for these qualities in my children's friends....
I'm stepping away from this now. The person who started this thread has succeeded in stirring the pot, generating strife, and ridiculing and mocking and belittling Jews, as was his intent from the get-go. tff was right, i need to not be in this forum.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
I'm stepping away from this now. You know what is best for your children and seek to impart the values you cherish and hold dear in terms of character development. Please respect that other parents also seek to impart values that are equally dear and important.

You have not mentioned any values, and harm these children have done to you that you shun them.
You have not pointed out the character flaws of these children, yet you shun them.

You seem to think they are liars, and shoplifters and criminals. All because they believe in Jesus.

I see the real travesty now.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
what many well-meaning Christians think is "great" is harmful to a Jew.
my point is only that what one person "loves" can cause harm to another, whether that is physical harm, emotional harm, intellectual harm, or spiritual harm.
My point is no child should be shunned. Jew. Catholic. Muslim. Black. Irish. Poles. The list of people who have been shunned because of religion and ideology is endless. Who pays the price for the beliefs of adults?

Innocent kids. Who will grow up to hate because that's what they know.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:00 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
I'm stepping away from this now. The person who started this thread has succeeded in stirring the pot, generating strife, and ridiculing and mocking and belittling Jews, as was his intent from the get-go. tff was right, i need to not be in this forum.
Read the entire thread. The only ones who have belittled Jews (and Christians) in this entire thread have been two Orthodox Jews who are not representative of all the Jews here on CD. The person who started this thread is blameless. Maybe you and theflipflop (tff as stated above) should think about what was typed in this thread.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:36 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
You're right. I don't speak for apostates and Jesus believing "Jews."

So there's that.
You don't speak for any Jews except the one that you see in the mirror every morning...

Old 12-15-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
There is no mention of a Messiah, much less a "promise of Jesus," in the story of Abraham.
Awww, come on, it's right there in Genesis 3:15, don't ya know?...

Old 12-15-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
what would you do if your child was best friends with someone who shoplifted? and told your kid it was OK to shoplift and offered to show him how to do it and not get caught? and his parents were shoplifters also, and told their kids it was OK to do this, and told them how to lie and not get caught? and told your kid how shoplifting was really good to do cause you get free candy and stuff.

Really???...You are going to equate a kid that shoplifts with a kid who has a "relationship with Jesus" (You know what I mean)...

Old 12-15-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Without all the correct facts how do you assume the truth from hearsay? How did you go from following the teachings of Jesus (not a Christian per you and there are numerous posts here on CD that span years of posting by you that say so) to a Chassidic Jew who is judgemental of everyone? What makes you so special?
Oh, SNAP!...Rabbi!...

Old 12-15-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
a parent seeks to protect our children from harmful influences.
A Jew seeks to protect the Jewish people from that which attacks and harms the Jewish people.
Wow...I don't think that exactly answered the question...Are you saying that it is a Christian's job to protect us Jews???....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity