Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:31 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times

Advertisements

Pastor wants Girl Scout leaders executed for supporting gay rights.

After he blasted the hit Disney film "Frozen" and the Harry Potter books for being too "pro-gay," Pastor Kevin Swanson has now set his sights on the Girl Scouts of America.
Swanson, who is a pastor at the Reformation Church of Elizabeth, Colorado, slammed the Girl Scouts for promoting "lesbianism, abortion and contraception for 14-year-old girls" among its participants on Monday's installment of his weekly radio show, "Generations with Kevin Swanson," Right Wing Watch first reported.

He then implied that scout leaders should be put to death, specifically by having "a millstone be hanged" around their necks and "drowned at the bottom of the sea," for their actions toward young girls.
"Jesus means what he says. You’ve got to take what he says, and you have to apply it," he said. "Don't train your little girls to be feminists."

Pastor Wants Girl Scout Leaders To Be Executed For Supporting Gays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post

After he blasted the hit Disney film "Frozen" and the Harry Potter books for being too "pro-gay," Pastor Kevin Swanson has now set his sights on the Girl Scouts of America.
Swanson, who is a pastor at the Reformation Church of Elizabeth, Colorado, slammed the Girl Scouts for promoting "lesbianism, abortion and contraception for 14-year-old girls" among its participants on Monday's installment of his weekly radio show, "Generations with Kevin Swanson," Right Wing Watch first reported.

He then implied that scout leaders should be put to death, specifically by having "a millstone be hanged" around their necks and "drowned at the bottom of the sea," for their actions toward young girls.
"Jesus means what he says. You’ve got to take what he says, and you have to apply it," he said. "Don't train your little girls to be feminists."

Consider the source. Just as Jesus said, "There will be poor always," remember that there will also be idiots always.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
More hateful, but ultimately impotent, bellowing from a fundamentalist Pastor.

All their ilk are sinking into the tar pits of irrelevance.

In a couple of generations they'll be reduced to cults with membership in the dozens, eking out subsistence livings in the boonies - like some places in Nebraska.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
I know he's largely irrelevant, but I get so tired of people like this. What freaks me out is Ted Cruz thinks like this guy, and he isn't all that irrelevant

Old 03-16-2016, 08:44 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
I know he's largely irrelevant, but I get so tired of people like this. What freaks me out is Ted Cruz thinks like this guy, and he isn't all that irrelevant
Unfortunately, you're right about that.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:47 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
He wants to agitate others. He seeks the one mentally ill man who watches this guy, and believes he is speaking directly to him.

If such an atrocity ever happens ,the Pastor, will hold up his hands, and claim his God given first amendment rights. Seems cowardly not to do your own dirty work.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:01 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:

Interesting article. I can drive to E-town in about 25 minutes from where I live--mostly by two lane road--and I've never heard of this guy. Thank God!!

But he's taking his lead from Franklin Graham.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:23 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
I've seen his "sack cloth and ashes" short clip. I laughed my arse off. Send him the Frank Viola blog, but please - this is not the stuff to go on about. In the Spirit, all it does is reinforce the two sides of the argument. I suggest a dose of standing in the gap, in your quiet time, for this guy.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:48 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Actually Jesus said if you harm the children then you should put a mill stone around their head and drowned them in the sea ................But Jesus also said those children should be converted to Christ first , which also applies to all the children of God ....................So if these children are followers of the liberal against God spirit of this world then they have not been converted to Christ , and these are just sowing their wild oats and need to repent to Jesus to be saved to God ..........And God make it clear that Christians do not condemn the world , as Christians are called to love their neighbor only , and pray to have people redeemed by Jesus ...................So if Christians are just bashing this group or that group then they are just causing divisions against Christians in the spirit , which goes against the peace of Christ

Old 03-17-2016, 05:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Consider the source. Just as Jesus said, "There will be poor always," remember that there will also be idiots always.
But some IDIOTS have a very LARGE audience..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity