Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 08:58 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

Not education, nor involvement ,nor good deeds ,nor the works men saddle each other, nor them selves , not even generous gifts and offerings, not even being a preacher , teacher missionary or evangelist.
Not assuming ,"because I have these experiences" to be lead with out the actual tutelage of the Holy Spirit "real time".
Matthew 7;21,22,23, Not every one that says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he that does the will of my Father " Jesus.
Jesus provided the Holy spirit to teach in His Place and that is exactly what He does, with in those that choose His tutelage ,over that of self, or other men.
Jesus didn't come to start another religion but to provide a relationship in those that "LOVE GOD", not the accolade of men.
Seeking God's will, before doing any thing or going any where has definite advantages.
My way is prepared before I get there.
I can be prepared for the normally unexpected.
In spite of natural deterrents, dangers, and so forth ,God still preserves me.
I am given guidance around hazards I haven't reached yet ,to even know they exist, till I've gotten to point B.
God connects me with those He determines my assistance to them is required. I do not judge .(I try not to judge)
Primarily though , Jesus Lordship is being exercised .
My goals and dreams are met as well . Paslm37;4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 03:33 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The only way to prove Jesus Lord ship is to pray for ailments , as Jesus prayed for ill people and has results , so can believers who can pray for people and have healing , as believers can only prove Jesus by the gifts of Holy spirit to others ..... because God will never reveal himself the faithless people , so when people need to have God prove himself they will have to be obedient to the commands of Jesus for salvation with faith ....

Old 04-19-2016, 08:26 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Not education, nor involvement ,nor good deeds ,nor the works men saddle each other, nor them selves , not even generous gifts and offerings, not even being a preacher , teacher missionary or evangelist.
Not assuming ,"because I have these experiences" to be lead with out the actual tutelage of the Holy Spirit "real time".
Matthew 7;21,22,23, Not every one that says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he that does the will of my Father " Jesus.
Jesus provided the Holy spirit to teach in His Place and that is exactly what He does, with in those that choose His tutelage ,over that of self, or other men.
Jesus didn't come to start another religion but to provide a relationship in those that "LOVE GOD", not the accolade of men.
Seeking God's will, before doing any thing or going any where has definite advantages.
I am given guidance around hazards I haven't reached yet ,to even know they exist, till I've gotten to point B.
God connects me with those He determines my assistance to them is required. I do not judge .(I try not to judge)
The will of God is not different for each individual. The son of man does and did the will of God. As Jesus and the son of man says;

" I came down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me not my own"

"The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth."

"I came so my sheep would have life"

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life"

What is said there is that the son of mans job is to spread the truth, the word of God. So to do the will of God is spreading His word. That is why Jesus said to abide in His word and said He gave His word to those the Father gave to the son of man and that they accept His word and keep it.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:33 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
You can only prove Jesus' Lordship to a believer. With those who have little or no faith, one is wasting ones time, except to act as an agent to draw them to the Father, through the Son.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:19 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
"By their fruit....."

Old 04-21-2016, 08:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
I have a membership card signed by Paul..it does not have an expiration date??

Seriously, one can "prove" it by their ability to tolerate foolishness and and repetitive questions asking HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED??? or the unending intrusive and obnoxious DO YOU KNOW JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR--CAN YOU PROVE IT????

Old 04-21-2016, 01:20 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"By their fruit....."

Old 04-21-2016, 05:14 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It is clear that you are holier than me. Good for you. The only one to whom my relationship with God is correct or not is God. I try my best and that is what matters. I don't try to be holy as Jesus paid that price.

I am glad YOUR goals and dreams are met. Mine, not always as sometimes God has a different plan for me than what I had planned. But life is good, thanks be to God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity