Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 03:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
It was meant for practicing Jehovah's Witnesses on a starting direction on how to handle a child's curiosity about very adult themes without lying or misleading the child about what the Bible says.
Which is, according to the video, to interfere in the lives of LGBTQ families.

Do you want non-JW's instructing their children to tell their little JW classmates that JW/Watchtower is a cult and their beliefs are a bunch of hog wash? Or do you want non-JW's to mind their own business?

The fact is JW's don't mind their own business. As is evidenced by the fact that, unlike the missionaries of other religions who respect posted signs, they ignore no trespassing/no soliciting signs. Those of us who don't want our dinner interrupted by a JW hawking Watchtower have to specifically put "NO JW's" on our front doors so we will be left alone. Mind your own business is a foreign concept to JW's. They WANT to intrude into people's lives. The video is proof of that.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-18-2016 at 03:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 04:04 PM

741 posts, read 444,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Do you want non-JW's instructing their children to tell their little JW classmates that JW/Watchtower is a cult and their beliefs are a bunch of hog wash? Or do you want non-JW's to mind their own business?
Where in the video did the mother tell the daughter to go back to school and interfere? Nowhere.

Who can stop people from their beliefs or them teaching their children whatever they want? Like the mother in the video, all I can do is prepare myself and those that come to me asking what the Bible says about it. As I tell the people I study with, they will see people do things that they know don't agree with the Bible. They might feel a strong urge to correct them. However, I remind them of what the Bible says, “Let your utterance be always with graciousness, seasoned with salt, so as to know how you ought to give an answer to each one.” (Col 4:6) Also, to be mindful of the Golden Rule. If they were doing something wrong how would they themselves like to be approached about it.

I don't think those that are teaching their children lies about JWs give the same advice. But, oh well. Jehovah is my refuge and my rock. If those teaching their children that JWs are a cult and their teachings are hogwash and are without God's backing are correct then the Jehovah's Witnesses will come down like a house of cards. But I faith in Jehovah that what the Bible is true and the attempt to bring down His followers will fail. Those teaching their child lies about the Witness are also fighting the Bible and not really Witnesses as I stated in earlier posts. There should be nothing a Witness teaches that doesn't come from the Bible. Jehovah will have the final say as to who He will back. (Psalm 118:6) So let them teach their children whatever they want. If Jehovah is backing the Witnesses, then nothing will bring down their organization.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
They WANT to intrude into people's lives.
Once again, this is not a JW invented idea.

“Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”” - Matt 28:18-20

Just simply keep saying you're not interested. The preaching work is not forever. Just remember, if you wished the JWs to be silent then the very rocks of the earth would 'intrude'.

"However, some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to him: “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” But in reply he said: “I tell you, if these remained silent, the stones would cry out.” Luke 19:40

Old 05-18-2016, 04:30 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
There are plenty of people who identify as Christians and who believe the bible is divinely inspired and don't see it the same way the Watchtower corporation does. In light of that I think it is presumptuous to claim it is what God thinks. You can refer to them as seat warmers or infidels or whatever you want but they are human beings and their viewpoint is just as likely to be correct as yours. It is safe to say that this is how you see the situation. I don't understand why you are trying to pass the buck off on God.

Someone said that Jehovah comes first before children or a spouse. I can confirm that. The most important thing to a JW is the organization. Here is a fine example of what is meant by loyalty.

7. How did one sister stay loyal to God in a difficult situation?
[SIZE=2]7 [/SIZE]A conflict of loyalties may arise when a close relative is disfellowshipped. For example, a sister named Anne [SIZE=2][1][/SIZE] received a telephone call from her disfellowshipped mother. The mother wanted to visit Anne because she felt pained by her isolation from the family. Anne was deeply distressed by the plea and promised to reply by letter. Before writing, she reviewed Bible principles. (1 Cor. 5:11; 2 John 9-11) Anne wrote and kindly reminded her mother that she had cut herself off from the family by her wrongdoing and unrepentant attitude. “The only way you can relieve your pain is by returning to Jehovah,” Anne wrote.—Jas. 4:8.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/m...rvants-of-god/

Old 05-18-2016, 04:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Just remember, if you wished the JWs to be silent then the very rocks of the earth would 'intrude'.
Only if you believe what the JW's believe. JW beliefs apply to JW's. They don't, contrary to what the JW's think, apply to the rest of us.

The JWs get to believe whatever the heck they want. However, should they interfere in the lives of non-JW's.... gay or straight...expect push-back.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-18-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Only if you believe what the JW's believe. JW beliefs apply to JW's. They don't, contrary to what the JW's think, apply to the rest of us.

The JWs get to believe whatever the heck they want. However, should they interfere in the lives of non-JW's.... gay or straight...expect push-back.
I do believe what JWs believe and that is the Bible. If it wasn't JW preaching the Good News and yes the warnings too. Then it would be someone else and you'd be talking with someone else. Maybe a rock...
“I tell you, if these remained silent, the stones would cry out.” Luke 19:40

The message of Jehovah can't be stopped. You are pushing against the Sovereign of the Universe not me or any little ol' JW. So push away. The Word of God stays even if every follower of Jehovah was gone.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:

But they do not interfere in any ones lives. No protesting, no rally's against, no riots, no efforts to change laws about LGBT concerns.They simply express love for For God and their neighbors and speak what they see in the Bible as part of that expression of love.

You may not see it and that is your right, but if JW's do see a problem it would be unloving not to speak on a personal level. You are right the beliefs only apply to those who ... believe. But part of that belief includes seeing people ruining their relationship with God and wanting to help them.

It is interesting that more attacks and insult as have been offered on this thread than anything JW's do. People show what they are by what they post.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
You obviously have not actually seen the Video or you would not have posted what is not true about it.

You must be drawing your understanding from those lying about it.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You obviously have not actually seen the Video or you would not have posted what is not true about it.

You must be drawing your understanding from those lying about it.
Indeed my point as well. It wasn't even a Witness that posted the video here in the first place. Where the person got the video wasn't from the official JW.ORG. They got it from someone else. Like I said earlier, Witnesses are only guilty of offering everything that is available to any Witness is available to everyone. This video was not forced on anyone in the LGBT community. It is only offered. They can listen or toss it. It's everyone's right to do so.

People that keep coming back and posting their same views over and over...we get it you don't like the video. Stop watching it and don't show it to anyone. It's their choice and we are fine with that. Yet they hate it so much that they share it?! They are in fact doing what JWs are not. Showing it more than JWs do. I find that interesting. I keep saying if it wasn't JWs it would be someone else. That someone else is themselves distributing Bible truth with no assistance for JWs at at. Praise Jah and thank you to all posting the video on all the message boards with no JW assistance at all. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 05-18-2016 at 07:04 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 06:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
I do believe what JWs believe and that is the Bible. If it wasn't JW preaching the Good News and yes the warnings too. Then it would be someone else and you'd be talking with someone else. Maybe a rock...
“I tell you, if these remained silent, the stones would cry out.” Luke 19:40

The message of Jehovah can't be stopped. You are pushing against the Sovereign of the Universe not me or any little ol' JW. So push away. The Word of God stays even if every follower of Jehovah was gone.
I've gotten more sense, stability and wisdom from a rock than from any biblical blathering from any JW.

In fact, I am proud to be the current landholder upon whose property exists a wonderful, large rock. It is heavy enough that I can moor two (2) 1,500 lb. sections of floating dock to it during the winter months, trusting in its strength to hold fast against winter's ice and wind and subsequent melt.

Below, you can see the rock beside the wooden pole with the bird apartment on top.

That's my front yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity