Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,910,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
If you are going to play that game then one must wonder why atheists and people like you only seem to care about gay people and EXTREMELY defensive of them. You know there are other groups that face much worse discrimination out there than gay people, right? Why don't you campaign for their equality?
I don't know who these 'other groups' would be 'that face worse discrimination than gay people', Jeff. "The Church" has pretty much included "hate the gays/condemn gay marriage" as a Church doctrine in the last several decades. Who are these 'other groups' hated by mainstream Christianity who require a campaign for their equal rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
All Christians should care about the gay and lesbian.
By 'care about the gay and lesbian' do you mean 'condemn the gay and lesbian'?

Quote:
But jeff, I sometimes wonder if a lot of atheists don't want there to be a God so they can do their homosexual stuff without guilt?
Do you feel comfortable at having expressed your remark in that rather immature manner?

That said, it needs to be brought to your attention, Eusebius, that an increasing number of Christians are joining many thousands of other Christians who DO believe in God but still welcome those who 'do their homosexual stuff without guilt'.

Is it 'guilt' and the threat of 'hell-fire' if you should foul up that keeps you loyal to your religion, Eusebius?

Quote:
I'm not saying that is how it is but it has crossed my huge mind from time to time.
Well, that appears to be your personal thoughts on the topic and one that shouldn't unduly concern others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
All Christians should care about the gay and lesbian. But jeff, I sometimes wonder if a lot of atheists don't want there to be a God so they can do their homosexual stuff without guilt? I'm not saying that is how it is but it has crossed my huge mind from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney
'Do their homosexual stuff'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Let's not overlook the positive in Eusies statement.

He said;"All Christians should care about the gay and lesbian"!

We do have common ground.
I could be wrong but I don't think 'care' as in 'genuine concern for the health, the welfare and the protection of gays and lesbians' is what Eusebius intended. However, he may say that 'caring about what happens to their eternal soul' IS genuine concern.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham
What does loving your enemy have to do with one's status as a child of God or a child of the devil? A willful sinner is the latter -- as it is written.
Rhetorical nonsense. Have any of you read scgraham's posts? Do the contents of his posts give an indication of his being 'a child of God'?

A question for you, scgraham, not that intelligent responses appear to be your forte...what is a 'willful sinner' and an 'unwillful sinner'? Can one 'sin' unintentionally? Do YOU 'sin' willfully or is it just others that do?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:17 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
A willful sinner is not a child of God; as it is written, he or she is a child of the devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
And the devil is a child of...?
And who taught or programmed the devil to be the devil?

Bet you won't get any thought out answer

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 05-13-2016 at 04:25 AM..

Old 05-13-2016, 05:05 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
what's a remant?
correction: remnant

Old 05-13-2016, 05:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:

Why, GOD programmed (CREATED) the devil to be evil. Who else could have "taught" the satan that which only GOD could have created--EVIL.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
And the devil is a child of...?
the devil is God's creation, but he is not a child of God because he used his free will for rebellion, which equates to death and destruction. Enjoy your inheritance.

Last edited by scgraham; 05-13-2016 at 05:31 AM..

Old 05-13-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
I think he was with the idea that you were saying that only homosexuals were willful sinners and that bigots weren't. But I suppose you are saying they are both sinning willfully with their actions (one about not replicating their homosexual genes into a woman and the other about belittling and insulting decent people for something meaningless).
I think you have no Biblical understanding, so you remain perplexed.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
THIS is the OP:

Sodom and Gomorrah - The sin was sodomy, not inhospitality

Sodom and Gomorrah had many sins, including homosexuality. Now, some people say that Sodom's sin was inhospitality. While there are many Scriptures to debunk that, here is one that is affirmative.

Deuteronomy 23
[17] There shall be no whor**** of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

As you can see, this verse is purely about sexual conduct.

The OP is NOT correct. Not even close. The OP has no knowledge of what he's talking about ...other than perhaps what he's learned from his church pastor. He hasn't even attempted to back up his initial post with anything other than more often than not juvenile and snide remarks. The OP is saying that the sin of sodomy (or, I guess, homosexuality) was that for which S&G were destroyed. It's the same old deceptive crap that is STILL being perpetuated by disgusting fundamentalist "Christians" ...even those more disgusting ones who KNOW that the destruction of S&G had nothing to do with homosexuality but continue to perpetuate the lie anyway!

Tell me, Eusebius, why do all or most anti-gay Christians intentionally avoid the explanation as to why S&G were destroyed as found in Ezekiel but rather go directly to 2 Peter 2:6-8 which basically tells us nothing? Why do all or most anti-gay Christians avoid the words of Jesus (who certainly equates the destruction of S&G with inhospitality) but rather go directly to 2 Peter 2:6-8 which is so ambiguous that no one knows precisely what it means?

For the reader to this thread: Try Ezekiel 16:49-50 if you prefer a 'straight from the horses mouth' explanation as to why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed. You will NOT find anything referring to homosexuality or sodomy. Then try Matthew 10:14-16, where Jesus equates the lack of hospitality that He and the disciples receive from some of the people in the towns they visit with that of Sodom and Gomorrah. You will NOT find anything referring to homosexuality or sodomy. Go to 2 Peter 2:6-8, read what IT has to say and see if you can honestly apply homosexuality and sodomy to THAT ambiguous account, particularly since you have previously read the Ezekiel and the Jesus explanations.

Reader: Perhaps THIS is the question we should be asking of the fundamentalists and their motley crew of devoted and bigoted followers: WHY is it SO important for mainstream Christianity to keep on perpetuating the lie that S&G were destroyed because of 'rampant' homosexuality? WHY?

Note: A motley crew is an informal expression for a diverse and poorly organized assembly of characters of various backgrounds, appearance, and character.
Yes, I use mockery just like Elijah used on the prophets of Baal.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:23 AM

Quote:

Programmed? We're computers now? Last time I checked, I chose to get out of the bed this morning. I wasn't programmed to do it. This stuff is beyond amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity