Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 03:31 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
The gymnastics you people put yourself through in order to be politically correct is mind-boggling. This is why I stay way away from politics.
My beliefs have nothing to do with politics. Right wing extremists of the fundamentalist cult started something they called the "moral majority" and brought jesus into the political arena. That was 40 years ago.

And it's also clear that Scripture can be interpreted several ways. Fundamentalists always choose the way that enhances their ability to condemn others.

The gymnastics you people put yourself through in order to justify your bigotry is mind-boggling. That's why I stay away from church and its indoctrination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 04:30 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,232,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Obviously one has not really listened to STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN?

I NEVER SAID JESUS WAS WRONG, I have however stated NUMEROUS times--and without apology--that what MEN have written about Jesus is WRONG. I have expanded this belief to say HOW THE ORGANIZED CHURCH INTERPRETS THE WORD'S OF JESUS IS WRONG--DEAD WRONG.

What does Stairway to Heaven have to do with this discussion?

You did say Jesus was wrong. It's hilarious that you don't even realize that you DID explicitly imply that fact. But moreover, aside from the writings of other men, there is nothing known of Jesus. So, whatever you claim to know about Jesus must be coming to you and you alone through some supernatural means.

And of course, ONLY YOU are interpreting the words of Jesus correctly.

Oh... nevermind.

Last edited by Led Zeppelin; 06-13-2016 at 04:43 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 04:31 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,232,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
My beliefs have nothing to do with politics. Right wing extremists of the fundamentalist cult started something they called the "moral majority" and brought jesus into the political arena. That was 40 years ago.

And it's also clear that Scripture can be interpreted several ways. Fundamentalists always choose the way that enhances their ability to condemn others.

The gymnastics you people put yourself through in order to justify your bigotry is mind-boggling. That's why I stay away from church and its indoctrination.

I didn't say politics. I said "political correctness".

It doesn't matter what sort of mental gymnastics that the "moral majority" allegedly used. That statement you made about the "honesty" of ISIS is about as crazy a statement that I've ever heard coming through the PC filter. I mean, you can't handle American citizens using their rights to disagree with you in the public forum democracy... but you can respect ISIS for being honest enough to just... kill people they don't agree with.

Yeah. You're as PC as PC gets. If I had five more slices of that logic, I'd have a whole fruitcake.

Last edited by Led Zeppelin; 06-13-2016 at 04:49 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 05:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
What does Stairway to Heaven have to do with this discussion?

You did say Jesus was wrong. It's hilarious that you don't even realize that you DID explicitly imply that fact. But moreover, aside from the writings of other men, there is nothing known of Jesus. So, whatever you claim to know about Jesus must be coming to you and you alone through some supernatural means.

And of course, ONLY YOU are interpreting the words of Jesus correctly.

Oh... nevermind.
My point has been made...

IMPLY? The only way to imply something is for another to ASSuME...

Never have I said ONLY ME...I have said that those cultists who interpret the words of Christ to be used to HATE, OPPRESS, DISCRIMINATE AGAINST, and MARGINALIZE are WRONG.

Funny HA-HA

Does God still speak today?

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 06-13-2016 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 06:00 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,220 times
Quote:
Absolutely it does. ISIS is honest enough to want to kill physically. Fundamentalist Christians are more subtle, preferring words to kill the spirit of those they feel superior towards.
Somehow I knew some fool would accuse Christians of invisible crimes and injustice.
Somehow I knew that some illiterate bigot would point his finger at the innocent instead of those who justly deserve recognition for what they have actually physically done.
Somehow I knew that hate of Christians would surface here. A man is innocent until proven guilty, but that principle does not work here. Hate is all that can be written - hate against a group and a religion that has done nothing wrong.

Do you now approve of Muslim crime and murder? Do you approve of Muslim restrictions and rhetoric against western society? Apparently you do because you seem to think there is somthing honest about it when there is not. It is gruesome and disgusting and devoid of any consideration for others. Apparently you do because you use false argument and innuendo to support your admiration of their heinous society and villanous religion.

The society that condemns the right and calls it wrong is spiritually sick and dying. The person who justifies murder and violence while accusing the peaceful and innocent of wrongdoing has lost his mind.

That person is seriously lacking in social conscience and needs therapy or prison. He is a menace to society in general and to himself in particular. That person is incapable of compassion for anyone except his own twisted hate and prejudice.

Repent while there is still time. Jesus can save you from your twisted mind.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 06-13-2016, 10:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Somehow I knew some fool would accuse Christians of invisible crimes and injustice.
Somehow I knew that some illiterate bigot would point his finger at the innocent instead of those who justly deserve recognition for what they have actually physically done.
Somehow I knew that hate of Christians would surface here. A man is innocent until proven guilty, but that principle does not work here. Hate is all that can be written - hate against a group and a religion that has done nothing wrong.

Do you now approve of Muslim crime and murder? Do you approve of Muslim restrictions and rhetoric against western society? Apparently you do because you seem to think there is somthing honest about it when there is not. It is gruesome and disgusting and devoid of any consideration for others. Apparently you do because you use false argument and innuendo to support your admiration of their heinous society and villanous religion.

The society that condemns the right and calls it wrong is spiritually sick and dying. The person who justifies murder and violence while accusing the peaceful and innocent of wrongdoing has lost his mind.

That person is seriously lacking in social conscience and needs therapy or prison. He is a menace to society in general and to himself in particular. That person is incapable of compassion for anyone except his own twisted hate and prejudice.

And ANOTHER whiner appropriates the simple name of "Christian" when it was CLEARLY pointed out that it is "fundamentalist Christians" who are so insidious.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I didn't say politics. I said "political correctness".

It doesn't matter what sort of mental gymnastics that the "moral majority" allegedly used. That statement you made about the "honesty" of ISIS is about as crazy a statement that I've ever heard coming through the PC filter. I mean, you can't handle American citizens using their rights to disagree with you in the public forum democracy... but you can respect ISIS for being honest enough to just... kill people they don't agree with.

Yeah. You're as PC as PC gets. If I had five more slices of that logic, I'd have a whole fruitcake.
There is a difference you don't get. ISIS IS more honest---by a lot. I'd rather know my enemy up front than be stabbed in the back by a large group calling themselves "christian" who are hiding behind a veneer of righteousness. They create a food bank to feed a few hungry people while eschewing any opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those struggling to be as independent as you. The POLITICS are that those god-awful "christians" keep returning to office politicians who vote to repeal food for school lunch programs while spending billions for new weapons of war. And they support those who wish to put weapons in the hands of everyone so we can be "safer." Problem is we aren't safer. The rich are getting richer, the poor are struggling more for less and less.

Yeah, I respect ISIS for having the cohones to say up front they are my enemy. The "christian" liars say they love us while silently voting to increase weapons designed to kill people, starving children so they can dole out canned soup from a food bank, claiming health care for all is a liberal conspiracy, and reducing unemployment benefits for those unable to to find work.

That may be your sense of "honesty" and "christianity." I see it as a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I prefer wolves to be honest enough to bare their teeth. You can have the ones in sheep's clothing.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

it has been your cult that has divided America and made homosexuality a "mortal" sin. I was a Southern Baptist, preaching to my family at age 4, saved at 16, attended an SBC college after serving in Vietnam With the USMC, preached in three score or more different churches, and served for awhile as an executive in my SBC college.

The evangelicals of today are the exact opposite of what I grew up with. By the early eighties the SBC was converting to the kind of ugliness in spirit that had already impacted other evangelical churches. I finally saw there was no longer a church bringing all people closer to God, but a church putting up walls against the very people Jesus came to rescue. The leaders became the very religious self-righteous group that Jesus called vipers.

You can holler from the choir all you wish, but it is in a house full of vipers. Are those scales I see growing in your heart? You too can be saved, but not until you remove your hands from over your eyes.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:51 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
it has been your cult that has divided America and made homosexuality a "mortal" sin. I was a Southern Baptist, preaching to my family at age 4, saved at 16, attended an SBC college after serving in Vietnam With the USMC, preached in three score or more different churches, and served for awhile as an executive in my SBC college.

The evangelicals of today are the exact opposite of what I grew up with. By the early eighties the SBC was converting to the kind of ugliness in spirit that had already impacted other evangelical churches. I finally saw there was no longer a church bringing all people closer to God, but a church putting up walls against the very people Jesus came to rescue. The leaders became the very religious self-righteous group that Jesus called vipers.

You can holler from the choir all you wish, but it is in a house full of vipers. Are those scales I see growing in your heart? You too can be saved, but not until you remove your hands from over your eyes.

What a powerful and convicting "testimony." That's all I need to say about that...

Old 06-13-2016, 11:22 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,691,289 times
I don't know if my voice counts in this topic. I am an engaged straight Catholic male. I went to Catholic school for a little over 12 year's. I was Baptised and I've gone through Communion. After I left Catholic high school distance myself with the Church, but always felt am emptiness not being connected with God. I made attempts to go back to Church and be involved in the Community, but I feel the Church offers little support for LGBT individuals, those who have gone through abortion, or been divorced. I feel it goes against God's Golden Rule of love everyone as I loved you. Plain and simple right there. Open your hearts embrace those who love God and not chastise those who go against your ideals. You can be against their ideals were humam, but love as God loves you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity