Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:31 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are an indoctrinated adult taught to THINK that if the Bible is NOT all 100% the word of God then NONE of it is. That is preposterous. But the churches have used that lie to corrupt Christ's Gospel so it is virtually unrecognizable using the barbaric OT beliefs about a wrathful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. It is a travesty and your soul is endangered by it because you use those barbaric beliefs to discriminate, or mistreat or hurt or harm others in the name of God. What you do in defense of those words"written in ink" is deny the New Covenant and disregard what God has "written in our hearts" and reject the guidance of agape love given by the Comforter sent in Christ's name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And you have invented a theology based on 50% of what Christ said, with criteria 100% established by you. You endanger the souls of others by telling them they are already saved, even though they reject Christ. God will hold you accountable for their souls!
My theology is 100% based on the revelations and demonstration of Christ about the TRUE NATURE of God. You are floundering under the ignorant, barbaric beliefs about God of our ancestors. Your soul is endangered from lack of agape love as are those who you convince to believe as you do about the nature of God. You will be mortified when the TRUE NATURE of God and His agape love is made manifest to you after your death, jimmie. Your reaction has already been described: "the weeping and gnashing of teeth" at the error of your ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 11:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
I reject nothing Jesus said, but you do (and pcamps, Mystic, Jerwade, nate). Yes, God is available to everyone, but some reject Him. We see that here on the CD. Our job as Christians is to share the gospel and make new disciples, as Christ commanded.
Be careful when you travel over land and sea to make one proselyte.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:01 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
My theology is 100% based on the revelations and demonstration of Christ about the TRUE NATURE of God. You are floundering under the ignorant, barbaric beliefs about God of our ancestors. Your soul is endangered from lack of agape love as are those who you convince to believe as you do about the nature of God. You will be mortified when the TRUE NATURE of God and His agape love is made manifest to you after your death, jimmie. Your reaction has already been described: "the weeping and gnashing of teeth" at the error of your ways.
Only if you leave out 50% of what Jesus said (bolded above). That's disingenuous.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You've fallen for blackmail disguised as religion. It's not from God. It's from humans who want power and control. Someone like Mystic comes along....boom! They get told God will throw a hissy fit if they don't shut the heck up and believe what the fundamentalists believe.

You're in chains, jimmie. You've bought into an angry god conceived by angry humans.
Have you read John 3? Jesus came in truth and grace. One without the other is an incomplete picture. You have been duped.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:39 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Only if you leave out 50% of what Jesus said (bolded above). That's disingenuous.
I leave out nothing that Jesus said and demonstrated about God, only what our ignorant primitive and barbarian ancestors said about God. You should call your God Jehovah, not our Father (Abba) the God of Christ.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I leave out nothing that Jesus said and demonstrated about God, only what our ignorant primitive and barbarian ancestors said about God. You should call your God Jehovah, not our Father (Abba) the God of Christ.
Jesus according to Mystic (not to be confused with the real Jesus).

Old 06-07-2016, 04:24 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You've fallen for blackmail disguised as religion. It's not from God. It's from humans who want power and control. Someone like Mystic comes along....boom! They get told God will throw a hissy fit if they don't shut the heck up and believe what the fundamentalists believe.

You're in chains, jimmie. You've bought into an angry god conceived by angry humans.
The person creating the lie cannot fall for the same lie. Some people want more power and more money. More and more influence over their world. That is the God that they want. He has brought them exactly what they want and they will continue to worship him.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
You keep saying that, but I have never seen you give an actual answer as to what Mystic leaves out. You have been told that there ARE consequences for failure to live up to the standard Jesus set, but you never address this, actually actively avoiding questions about it.

What 50 percent?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You keep saying that, but I have never seen you give an actual answer as to what Mystic leaves out. You have been told that there ARE consequences for failure to live up to the standard Jesus set, but you never address this, actually actively avoiding questions about it.

What 50 percent?
Anything that talks about judgement. For instance, John 3.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Have you read John 3? Jesus came in truth and grace. One without the other is an incomplete picture. You have been duped.
Of course I've read John 3. Did I buy into the interpretation of the fundamentalists? Of course not. I am not a fundamentalist. Yay!!

Now, since your'e so certain I've been duped....tell me who duped me. Then tell me why, when and how I was duped. Since you know next to nothing about my spiritual journey that ought to be wildly entertaining. Reveal your awesome spidey powers, jimmie.

Show time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity