Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:39 AM

55 posts, read 46,511 times

Advertisements

Can anybody tell me what you know about independent Catholic churches? They are not Roman Catholic. I was raised Roman Catholic but am seeking a possible more accepting option.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 09:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,219,625 times
The Episcopal Church.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
I thought they were churches where a priest left the church.
We have one here, well 45 min away...an 'independent from Rome' Catholic Church of some sort...
I hear the ex-priest is pretty darn great.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:29 AM

12,407 posts, read 8,192,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushymama View Post
Can anybody tell me what you know about independent Catholic churches? They are not Roman Catholic. I was raised Roman Catholic but am seeking a possible more accepting option.

Thank you.
The tend towards the opposite direction of "accepting" thinking Catholic Church leadership is finding false reasons to get closer to the contemporary prevailing political/social views of western nations.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:35 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,880,089 times
Please. After the debacle of the Latin liturgy...really? Catholicism remains a behavior problem. The dogmas are drenched in paganism, blasphemy and biblical perversions at a level that defies reason!
But in fairness Catholicism has a belief in the son of man via faith and His grace the ONLY thing that saves them. I pray God will look the other way on the nonesense and simply say OY VEY! The last thing
it needs is a substitute like synod .

Old 08-02-2016, 10:41 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,441,195 times
Quote:

Thank you.
If you believe the Catholic Church is THE Church then to attend a split would be to violate:

KJG 1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

If you do not think it is THE church, then study the Bible (Not just read it) before you join any church.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:59 AM

692 posts, read 376,246 times
Default The Old Catholic Church and valid sacraments

Quote:

Thank you.
RESPONSE: Have you considered membership in the "Old Catholic Church" (in the United States)? Even the Roman Catholic Church agrees that it has valid priestly ordination and apostolic succession. What it doesn't recognize is the Pope's infallibility.

A lot of it's teaching make sense: optimal marriage for the clergy, valid remarriage after divorce (and no Marriage Tribunal), and general absolution given at the beginning of each Mass.

It's possible it may allow female ordination, but on that issue the Roman Catholic Church will deny it's valid ordination.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: Have you considered membership in the "Old Catholic Church" (in the United States)? Even the Roman Catholic Church agrees that it has valid priestly ordination and apostolic succession. What it doesn't recognize is the Pope's infallibility.

A lot of it's teaching make sense: optimal marriage for the clergy, valid remarriage after divorce (and no Marriage Tribunal), and general absolution given at the beginning of each Mass.

It's possible it may allow female ordination, but on that issue the Roman Catholic Church will deny it's valid ordination.
I did not think there were any Old Catholic parishes in NJ. Am I wrong about that?

Old 08-02-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If you believe the Catholic Church is THE Church then to attend a split would be to violate:

KJG 1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

If you do not think it is THE church, then study the Bible (Not just read it) before you join any church.
I think the Roman Catholic church has shut its doors to people at the time they need it most. I do not think Christ would have supported that. Nor do I think Christ would have supported the aiding and abetting of child rapists.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,441,195 times
Quote:
I think the Roman Catholic church has shut its doors to people at the time they need it most. I do not think Christ would have supported that. Nor do I think Christ would have supported the aiding and abetting of child rapists.
True, though every church has had pedophiles. They look for churches because the people are blind to others in the church. Priests, Bishops, Pastors and just members in every church have been caught at it. It is the people not the church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity