Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:57 PM

481 posts, read 262,874 times

Advertisements

This latest earthquake in Italy is not a surprise to most, as it is on the predicted list with many others waiting to happen. The Bible talks of a great earthquake, and many of the world's expected earthquakes are said to be "late" of expected schedules.

Jesus said that there would be great earthquakes in one place and another, and in these days of population increases, that does not mean that that the earthquakes have to be larger than before, but would kill more people and cause greater local devastation to the local infrastructure.

Since Satan was cast out of the Heavenly Realm in 1914, to the vicinity of the earth, he has raged and ranted around the place, causing confusion in the Word of God as it is taught in Christendom, to the extent that it is suggested that there are 40,000 different Christian denominations, and even in the Catholic Church there are around 242 different denominations.

Many would agree that we can't keep going on like we are, death through increased and seemingly incurable diseases, social disease on the increase, which is the drug use, the mental stress of trying to be like the "jonses", the crime increasing to drive parents to try to get mental help, and of course the sexually transmitted mental and physical diseases, are not something that is just a 'flash in the Pan' but a severe case of deterioration of human comfort and livability, adn of the human race in general.

There are at least 70 Wars going on in the world this day, and now on a daily basis we see different countries and nations attacking each other...Syria and the Kurds is a new one, but it is not even these wars that are the main concern, it is the animosity that is caused within the UN and the western nations that are backing one side or the other, not for seeking peace, but for seeking economical advantages.

Does anyone have their hope in a world government that will slow this death dealing process down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 07:08 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Gospel writer Luke used the adjective ' great ' to describe they types of earthquakes ( plural ) - Luke 21:11
Even a tsunami is a great earthquake happening in our time frame before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.- Matthew 25:31-33,37

The only world government is the kingdom government of Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:13-14
Jesus, as King, is the only one who can bring Peace on Earth - Revelation 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4
Under Christ's millennium-long day of governing over Earth even enemy death will be brought to nothing.
- 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8. No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations
- Rev. 22:2 - in fulfillment of God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:13 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
I think people have thought the end times have applied to them through out history. I think we can finally say that things are looking up. Shameless plug of one of my previous threads.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ng-better.html Maybe you can add your own.

The term apocalypse means "lifting of the veil." We will all be able to see who the liars are. God even said the stones would cry out and that is probably why Keith Richards is still alive. I don't believe anyone has to die. If there is one scripture that I can see having some prophetic fulfillment it would be Proverbs 4:18 …17For they eat the bread of wickedness And drink the wine of violence. 18But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines brighter and brighter until the full day. 19The way of the wicked is like darkness; They do not know over what they stumble.…

Old 08-26-2016, 07:31 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think people have thought the end times have applied to them through out history. I think we can finally say that things are looking up. Shameless plug of one of my previous threads.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ng-better.html Maybe you can add your own.
The term apocalypse means "lifting of the veil." We will all be able to see who the liars are. God even said the stones would cry out and that is probably why Keith Richards is still alive. I don't believe anyone has to die. If there is one scripture that I can see having some prophetic fulfillment it would be Proverbs 4:18 …17For they eat the bread of wickedness And drink the wine of violence. 18But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines brighter and brighter until the full day. 19The way of the wicked is like darkness; They do not know over what they stumble.…
Yes, things are looking up, at least for genuine Christians - Luke 21:28.
We have reached the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 that the good news (looking up) of God's kingdom government is now proclaimed on an international scale as never before in history.- Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:13-14.
We are also now reaching the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' ( powers that be ) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

Because of the global proclaiming about God's kingdom is why No one has to die. - 2 Peter 3:9
Those who would bring ruin to Earth ( literal or moral ) are those who will be brought to ruin - Revelation 11:18 B.
The wicked will be destroyed forever according to Psalm 92:7
They are classified as being the figurative haughty ' goats ' of Matthew 25:31-33 who will Not inherit the Earth.
- Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:10-11,29; Proverbs 2:21-22

Old 08-26-2016, 07:47 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
God has provided many “signs” that grow increasingly urgent (like “birth pains”), as the End Times approach. Many End Time signs, particularly those revealed by Jesus in the ‘Olivet Discourse’ (Matthew 24), are common in every generation: wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, signs in the sky, etc.. This has led people of every generation for two-thousand years to believe theirs could be the final generation.

It is as if God intends for every person to respond to the uncertainty of the approaching End Time. Perhaps the question is not, "did you accurately predict the date?", but, "How did you respond to the evidence that yours might be the final generation?" (The Great Commission hasn't changed)

A prevailing belief among eschatologists is that the “final generation” clock began ticking with the re-establishment of the nation Israel in one day, in 1948. The ever-increasing pace at which prophesied “End Time signs” have been fulfilled since then, make it seem like ancient Bible writers were reading modern newspapers. This suggests to many that, as Jesus taught, the "season" is at hand.

One thing we can be certain of is that the End Times and Great Tribulation have never been closer than at this moment!

Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, things are looking up, at least for genuine Christians - Luke 21:28.
We have reached the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 that the good news (looking up) of God's kingdom government is now proclaimed on an international scale as never before in history.- Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:13-14.
We are also now reaching the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' ( powers that be ) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

Because of the global proclaiming about God's kingdom is why No one has to die. - 2 Peter 3:9
Those who would bring ruin to Earth ( literal or moral ) are those who will be brought to ruin - Revelation 11:18 B.
The wicked will be destroyed forever according to Psalm 92:7
They are classified as being the figurative haughty ' goats ' of Matthew 25:31-33 who will Not inherit the Earth.
- Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:10-11,29; Proverbs 2:21-22
I'm glad you feel hopeful. I wish you no sorrow. This secular humanist(aka I don't believe in God but I believe in you) is pretty optimistic as well. I don't think things becoming better comes with the caveat of sudden destruction though. I mean, I'm sure we could still find a way to screw it up but I am going to keep trying to make my corner of the world better just in case we actually pull it off.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
I have hope that people will learn about plate tectonics.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:19 PM

I would like to show anyone who is anticipating the Judgement of God at Armageddon a scripture:

Amos 5:18
17"And in all the vineyards there is wailing, Because I will pass through the midst of you," says the LORD. 18Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, For what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light; 19As when a man flees from a lion And a bear meets him, Or goes home, leans his hand against the wall And a snake bites him.…

Old 08-27-2016, 12:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have hope that people will learn about plate tectonics.
No thought for the victims of the tragedy - just rubbing their hands and squealing with glee because they think their Jesus will be here soon. Oiy vez! It's quite sickening.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:39 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
There are at least 70 Wars going on in the world this day,....
...and it's a safe bet that most of them are being caused by religious differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity