Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does God personally communicate with us as humans all the time?
YES 13 50.00%
NO 13 50.00%
NOT SURE 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 08:45 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Have you or any of your friends been able to record the voice of god? All of you hear him, but have no aural record, because each of you are listening to your own individual conscience. One does not need to believe in god in order to hear his own conscience.
the parable of the Vineyard Owner with Two Sons agrees with you, i think. So does the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 11:06 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Possibly. Or, as I see it, God is intrinsic to who we are, so never leaves nor forsakes.
That is the exact path I followed for many years, and as I followed it that "God" is the True Self hiding beneath the facade of worldly ideas resulting from our 5 senses. "I, Christ" is the way, the truth, and the life hiding there.

I ultimately came to see that while there is great truth to this, it is also really about the ultimate and most fundamental reality of what it is to be human.

Hence, no grand Being up in the sky judging, watching, and creating. "God" is simply "all that is" of which we are a part.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:13 AM

that seems to make God created, rather than Creator.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
that seems to make God created, rather than Creator.
Or neither.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Or neither.
hmm, sounds like philosophy to me, lol.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:39 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Problem is that it is the spirit of the world that communicate all the time which is the demonic spirit as it invades man and goes against man will , and claims man with its authority ....... Where God has rules for interaction which man needs to do , as God is a gentle man and does not invade man ....God needs people to give their lives to Jesus Christ , and turn away from sin and receive God spirit on their lives , and talk to God all the time with prayer , them with ministry to God`s gifts of His spirit then God will communicate with His man or woman ..........See it is the demonic spirit that stages dreams in man and tells man to think this or go and do this even hold man`s will power .....Where God needs faith and expectation to interact with man .......

Are you saying that you believe it is ONLY a demonic spirit that gives people dreams? Joseph was a dreamer of dreams, and Joseph was also given a dream by G-d, so was Jacob. Peace

Old 09-18-2016, 12:06 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
That is the exact path I followed for many years, and as I followed it that "God" is the True Self hiding beneath the facade of worldly ideas resulting from our 5 senses. "I, Christ" is the way, the truth, and the life hiding there.

I ultimately came to see that while there is great truth to this, it is also really about the ultimate and most fundamental reality of what it is to be human.

Hence, no grand Being up in the sky judging, watching, and creating. "God" is simply "all that is" of which we are a part.
Or maybe God is all that is and also is the driving force (creator) of all that is, coming to be.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Or maybe God is all that is and also is the driving force (creator) of all that is, coming to be.
But we don't really know. We all have beliefs. I strive for reliable fact and reliable conclusions and refuse to hold beliefs I call "facts" when they aren't.

But anyway, I think the bottom line is that the Bible is not a source of facts, truth, or much of anything other than a tool to learn to use for meditation and surrender while letting go of all beliefs.... -and a few other things.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:54 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Possibly. Or, as I see it, God is intrinsic to who we are, so never leaves nor forsakes. It could be that some ignore their conscience for whatever reasons, and in doing so, they create a mindset (neural pathways?) within themselves that promote deviant behavior as being beneficial to them -- basically, they break their connection to God's spirit/their conscience. Sometimes those pathways can be healed, rerouted, whatever one would call it. Sometimes, it seems, they may become irreparable, at least in the here and now.
Just a different way of looking at it.
Well done, Pleroo!
Quote:
Not hiding. Would you say your parents were hiding from you while you were in the womb??? Communication is possible, but our ultimate state after our death (Birth as Spirit) is inaccessible to us while in our physical bodies. We can achieve altered states (meditation or extremely devout prayer) that enable closer contact but not without effort and practice.
Quote:
Amen!

Old 09-18-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Communication is possible, but our ultimate state after our death (Birth as Spirit) is inaccessible to us while in our physical bodies. We can achieve altered states (meditation or extremely devout prayer) that enable closer contact but not without effort and practice.
Amen!
That is not what the great mystics of Christianity reported. Read Meister Eckhart, Mme. Jeanne Guyon. Fr. Thomas Keating, and St. John of the Cross for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity