Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does God personally communicate with us as humans all the time?
YES 13 50.00%
NO 13 50.00%
NOT SURE 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:33 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuja1 View Post
I don't think your conclusions are correct. I don't believe that I am the only one He communicates with and I don't think the fact that there are children suffering and dying in the world shows that He is evil. You may assume that that is the case but it is not proof that it is so. There are other possibilities that we may not fathom so one cannot say that He is evil just because He allows children to die. I'm sure you have heard all the arguments before so I won't waste my time typing them out. Suffice it to say that your conclusions MAY not be correct.
I have indeed heard all of the arguments before, thus the reason I have reached my conclusions, in the absence of any logical arguments to the contrary. If you or I were given the same situations, with the power to directly save a child from dying, a man from being shot, or a woman from being raped, I have no reason to believe that we would not do everything in our power to prevent it. The same should be expected from an omnipotent being who has the power to convince you to not take a job. Considering this, and the fact that many children die needlessly, one can only conclude that a being who can save these children or these rape victims and doesn't, is evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 04:15 PM

384 posts, read 383,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I have indeed heard all of the arguments before, thus the reason I have reached my conclusions, in the absence of any logical arguments to the contrary. If you or I were given the same situations, with the power to directly save a child from dying, a man from being shot, or a woman from being raped, I have no reason to believe that we would not do everything in our power to prevent it. The same should be expected from an omnipotent being who has the power to convince you to not take a job. Considering this, and the fact that many children die needlessly, one can only conclude that a being who can save these children or these rape victims and doesn't, is evil.
It's still a possibility that your logic could be wrong. I admit that mine could be as well.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:24 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I know I am a little different. I see valance shell electrons moving around in objects. well, not directly, but you get it. So yes, the universe speaks to us everyday in every way. through our senses, all of them. i would pray, "thank you universe for science books, math books, art books, and cook books so that I may know you better." I know some people don't have as much gratitude as I do. I think that's one emotion I have so I express it to my surroundings. It doesn't need it or want it, I do ,,.To release it.

It hears us. if you don't know why, you don't know enough to comment. if you think you know enough and feel i am wrong I challenge you directly. I challenge your understanding and I would tape all degrees to a urinal and do long shots on them. so bring it.

there is no omni dude, so you fundy-mental theist calm down. I only do how the universe works, not "what I want the universe to mean."
thing is once you have assimilated that "it hears us" then you have more or less arrived at a working definition of God

Old 09-27-2016, 05:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
thing is once you have assimilated that "it hears us" then you have more or less arrived at a working definition of God
not really.

we have human ears, it must hear, at the very least, with them too. It can't be any other way.

Then we talk about processing power. Is it more valid to say the universe processes more information than all of our brains or not?

God has nothing to do with it for me.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
It's still a possibility that your logic could be wrong. I admit that mine could be as well.
Of course, the possibility exists that both conclusions are wrong, but I don't deal in absolutes or certainty, nor should anyone else. The normal process is to determine which is more likely and which best conforms with reality. So, how do we assess claims? We compare them to what we can observe and demonstrate. Which is more likely, that you coincidentally found out that you need your roof replaced, as many people do, or that a celestial being ignored all of the other problems in this world to intervene to ensure that you don't make a career mistake?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:13 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Christ is the spiritual light in the world and in our inner beings. However, if we ignore and continue to ignore the light we are given, we will then wind up walking in darkness and no longer have a conscience that works properly. I think that is how a person can lose their own soul. When the scripture warns about losing your soul, I think it is speaking of something that happens in this life and in this world. That is why there are many wicked people in this world who are capable of committing unthinkable atrocities - because they have lost their souls. The soul is a person's mind, will, and emotions.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:33 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Christ is the spiritual light in the world and in our inner beings. However, if we ignore and continue to ignore the light we are given, we will then wind up walking in darkness and no longer have a conscience that works properly. I think that is how a person can lose their own soul. When the scripture warns about losing your soul, I think it is speaking of something that happens in this life and in this world. That is why there are many wicked people in this world who are capable of committing unthinkable atrocities - because they have lost their souls. The soul is a person's mind, will, and emotions.

Mind, will, emotions AND desires. The four parts correspond to the 4 horns on the altar we are to tie ourselves down with cords of love that cannot be broken to make of ourselves a living sacrifice. Peace

Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Are you saying that all non-Christians have no conscience and will eventually become wicked?

Old 09-28-2016, 06:03 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
The Op asked if God personally communicates with us and I stated what I believe. You can believe it if you wish or discard it. Yes I am fortunate to not have to live the life that many people live in 3rd world countries.

No need to go to a third world country, gods little special one.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:12 PM

689 posts, read 549,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Of course, the possibility exists that both conclusions are wrong, but I don't deal in absolutes or certainty, nor should anyone else. The normal process is to determine which is more likely and which best conforms with reality. So, how do we assess claims? We compare them to what we can observe and demonstrate. Which is more likely, that you coincidentally found out that you need your roof replaced, as many people do, or that a celestial being ignored all of the other problems in this world to intervene to ensure that you don't make a career mistake?
You problem is that you use your intelligence to examine what is beyond it can reach.

Moreover, you don't observe and demonstrate or evaluate if it conforms the reality to believe that black hole exists. instead you swallow from what is said by other humans. That's the reality you failed to realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity