Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Some nerve of them landing without papers. You would think they were trying to be Jesus or an apostle or something.
You know what they say about illegal aliens....the dynamics are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

Old 01-30-2017, 08:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You know what they say about illegal aliens....the dynamics are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!
That would depend on HOW "alien" they are and to what part of the globe.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:51 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
"As a general rule, I've found the more CAPITAL letters and exclamation marks!!!! - the emptier the content of the message of either wit, knowledge, insight or import." ~ troutdude
apparently you're the exception to toutedude's self papel bull memo.

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-30-2017 at 09:02 AM..

Old 01-30-2017, 09:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"As a general rule, I've found the more CAPITAL letters and exclamation marks!!!! - the emptier the content of the message of either wit, knowledge, insight or import." ~ troutdude
Uh-huh. Which is why I used the word "general."

Old 01-30-2017, 09:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Quote:
apparently you're the exception to troutdude's self papel bull memo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Uh-huh. Which is why I used the word "general."
like it's a secret why for the bigoted prefacing?

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-30-2017 at 10:30 AM..

Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
like it's a secret why for the bigoted prefacing?
I have no idea what this means.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:44 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope this won't be considered too political but I'd like feedback from Christians (and others if they wish) as to whether or not they agree with the Pope.

Reject refugees = Not a Christian
I admit it, I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to political stuff. I find it extremely difficult to figure out what's true because it seems like NOBODY reports the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As far as I am aware (and I have seen in person), Christian churches and organizations have been sponsoring immigrants for many years. Are there massive amounts of Christians now saying that they won't do that anymore? -- because that's not what I'm seeing.

What I'm hearing from most people is not a desire to reject immigrants, but that they want to see immigration being handled safely, responsibly, and the laws being followed. Is the pope saying that that's not okay? Do other people here feel that's not okay?

Old 01-30-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I admit it, I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to political stuff. I find it extremely difficult to figure out what's true because it seems like NOBODY reports the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As far as I am aware (and I have seen in person), Christian churches and organizations have been sponsoring immigrants for many years. Are there massive amounts of Christians now saying that they won't do that anymore? -- because that's not what I'm seeing.

What I'm hearing from most people is not a desire to reject immigrants, but that they want to see immigration being handled safely, responsibly, and the laws being followed. Is the pope saying that that's not okay? Do other people here feel that's not okay?
What laws have not been followed and what is wrong with the current system? Other than a hefty dose of FEAR.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:
i don't know what you are attempting to say?? Or even why you feel the need to say it??

I am feeling like this is a personal attack on my person....

Old 01-30-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

The story I linked to was the Pope's response to Trump's ban on refugees from seven countries. It's not a generalized immigration issue. As I understand it, the average time between seeking asylum in the US and it being granted (IF it is granted), is 18 months to 2 years. During that time, the applicants are vetted by many agencies before being granted entrance.

How much more vetting is necessary than that? The US's procedures are already among the most stringent in the world.

But I really wanted to avoid the political aspects of the issue and concentrate on the moral ones. Especially the Pope's claim that one cannot reject refugees and claim to be a Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity