Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times

Advertisements

Thought Jesus also said we (the student) will be LIKE HIM ( the teacher)?

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 10:13 AM

136 posts, read 69,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.
Like Him indeed, for His brethren have also REALized "i can do nothing of my own self"! (John 5:19,30; 8:28-29)

And it seems it's time for you to REALize that The Messiah's GOD given birth name in today's english was "Joshua"! Yet He became "Immanuel(the name of above ALL names) when The SPIRIT that IS Our FATHER and GOD entered into Him as he was immersed in water by John The Baptist!

Sadly, 'jesus' is the "imag"ined catholic latin name that catholicism and her #1 christian daughter(the aptly named church OF england) gave to one head of their "imag"ined three headed pagan god(s) less than 600 years ago!

As for "greater things"? The Apostles, endued with Power from on High did so!

Yet "the night came when no man could work"!

Yet Thankfully "Our FATHER, HE yet communes with HIS children on earth"!

"Aliens and pilgrims while on the earth" indeed and TRUTH!

And needs be you get understanding, for once again:

Ever since the destruction of old jerusalem those who have received of The Holy, Set Apart, SPIRIT and were "Born Again" have REALized that which The Messiah also REALized when He testified "i can do nothing of my own self"! (John 5:19,30; 8:28-29)

FATHER Help!

HE DID! and HE does.......

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:50 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,981,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yes, Jesus followers would do greater works ( Luke 4:43 ) in that Jesus mainly taught the Jews.
Whereas, Jesus' followers would be doing that preaching and teaching on a global international scale as Jesus foretold.
- Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8

Old 02-06-2017, 05:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
Unfortunately, it is impossible for the Trinity not to divide people, since it seeks to exclude all who do not accept its demands to dominate Christian minds. So anybody who has taken the time to learn what the scriptures actually teach, are told that they cannot be saved and that they are bound for Hell.

Separation and censorship was the purpose for establishing the Trinity. It was to exclude through force of law, all those who did not hold the orthodox position. All those who are not Trinitarian know, whether they choose to admit it or not, that it is impossible as a non-trinitarian, to be in true fellowship with those who hold in their minds that those who do not accept their Trinitarian views are heretics and enemies of God!

Pretending we are in fellowship with such people is only possible if we knuckle under and never mention our true beliefs. The moment we do, we learn the real score! This is how Non-Trinitarians in the early days of the Trinitarian Roman Church were forced to live. Only they had a great deal more to fear. The consequences were much greater than simply being shunned and treated with disrespect by former friends. They actually stood to lose their lives, or at very least be banished from their communities and possibly from the empire altogether. Separation of Church and state may have brought the worst of this to an end, but the same ideals exist in the minds of many who call themselves Christian!
Yep. Their way or the highway ..................... to Hell.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:21 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
its more like 'I and the father are one".

But yeah, we are a piece. At least for now.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its more like 'I and the father are one".

But yeah, we are a piece. At least for now.
And the grammar and other verses tell us it was "one" in unity not essence/nature etc.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yep. Their way or the highway ..................... to Hell.
Simply, yet sadly, in this day and age ALL religion(except it be The Active Faith as revealed in James 1:27) IS anti-messiah!

"Come out from among them and be separate"!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,006,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
Simply, yet sadly, in this day and age ALL religion(except it be The Active Faith as revealed in James 1:27) IS anti-messiah!

"Come out from among them and be separate"!

This is garbage, and I get sick of reading it. (not just you but many evangelical fundamentalists).
Fundies just seem to have an aversion to the word "Religion", which is something that is ingrained and has no basis.
Belonging to a religion or denomination is interchangeable in my book.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
This is garbage, and I get sick of reading it. (not just you but many evangelical fundamentalists).
Fundies just seem to have an aversion to the word "Religion", which is something that is ingrained and has no basis.
Belonging to a religion or denomination is interchangeable in my book.
religion has most certainly proved itself to be liken unto a demon-nation!

For ALL religion's(not individual souls), judaism, islam, buddhist, krishna, catholic, christian, jw's, russellites, mormons,, etc,, are anti-messiah!

TRUTH IS! Religion's way is of this world, and all alike they are,
Their cloned captives have fought, killed and died, both near and far!

And then once a week, or multiple times a day they may pray,
Yet liken unto pharisaical hypocrites they begin each new day!

Days that are filled with deceit and lies,
For in religion's way, The TRUTH can not abide!

So it is that history has revealed, and yet reveals that multiplied billions have been killed or enslaved (bound by both natural chains, and/or the chains of strong delusion that are religion's doctrinal heresies, traditions and folklore) in the name of the god(s) of this, or that religion(except it be The Active Faith as revealed in James 1:27)!

Proving the fruit of death and enslavement are bore of religion's way,
Because life is but a pawn in the wicked game they play!

However, religion was and is yet needful for the natural man! Those "disobedient and gainsaying (contradicting and opposing GOD) people" who are "stiff-necked and uncircumcised of heart and ears"! Those who would rather have a man, than Our FATHER and GOD, speak(Moses/clergy) to and rule(Saul/clergy/and every religion has their version of a pope except The Active Faith of James 1:27) over them! (Romans 10:21, Acts 7:51, Exodus 20:19, I Samuel 8:4:21)

religion(which was aptly revealed for what it is by the israelites) -or- Faith?

Choose wisely!

And seek out the answer to the question, "Why was religion needful for the israelites"?

"seek out", that is to say "Wait i say, wait upon The LORD"!

For Revelation Begets A Living, Lively Faith! not a dead letter religion.......

FATHER Help!

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-07-2017, 07:04 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,712,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
religion has most certainly proved itself to be liken unto a demon-nation!

For ALL religion's(not individual souls), judaism, islam, buddhist, krishna, catholic, christian, jw's, russellites, mormons,, etc,, are anti-messiah!

TRUTH IS! Religion's way is of this world, and all alike they are,
Their cloned captives have fought, killed and died, both near and far!

And then once a week, or multiple times a day they may pray,
Yet liken unto pharisaical hypocrites they begin each new day!

Days that are filled with deceit and lies,
For in religion's way, The TRUTH can not abide!

So it is that history has revealed, and yet reveals that multiplied billions have been killed or enslaved (bound by both natural chains, and/or the chains of strong delusion that are religion's doctrinal heresies, traditions and folklore) in the name of the god(s) of this, or that religion(except it be The Active Faith as revealed in James 1:27)!

Proving the fruit of death and enslavement are bore of religion's way,
Because life is but a pawn in the wicked game they play!

However, religion was and is yet needful for the natural man! Those "disobedient and gainsaying (contradicting and opposing GOD) people" who are "stiff-necked and uncircumcised of heart and ears"! Those who would rather have a man, than Our FATHER and GOD, speak(Moses/clergy) to and rule(Saul/clergy/and every religion has their version of a pope except The Active Faith of James 1:27) over them! (Romans 10:21, Acts 7:51, Exodus 20:19, I Samuel 8:4:21)

religion(which was aptly revealed for what it is by the israelites) -or- Faith?

Choose wisely!

And seek out the answer to the question, "Why was religion needful for the israelites"?

"seek out", that is to say "Wait i say, wait upon The LORD"!

For Revelation Begets A Living, Lively Faith! not a dead letter religion.......

FATHER Help!

HalleluYAH!
So, what brings you to the Christianity forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity